The Watch Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Silverzone
  • 1,456 comments
I used to wear a watch, but I stopped last year when I worked on my uncles farm most of the summer. Haven't gotten back into wearing it. My cell phone works just as well for the time being, and when I do get a watch, it'll probably be a metallic head with a leather band.

I have three.

The first I wear pretty much all the time. It's a Timex Expedition with Indiglo. It's a little tougher than the other two. And far less expensive than my 'third' watch. I wear this one because the last watch I had fell apart prematurely due to abuse.

Second is a Swiss Army. I'm pretty sure it's a knockoff, but it was a gift so I don't care.

Last is my Bulova Marine Star:

98C59_lg.jpg

Found a pic.

ca0003l.jpg

Of course by now mine's got more than a couple of nicks, not on the actual face though, the crystal is fine. The gray piece is what looks pretty worn.
Thankfully the straps are holding together nicely.

Tag are going to release a belt driven watch inspired by automotive engineering. It's called the Monaco V4.

courroie.jpg
face.jpg

It's also has the "first patented drive belt transmission." And they want to sell it for between 5000 and 9000 GBP :ouch: . They have a very cool video on their site too.

yeah my citizen is the eco drive too....it doesnt work though cuz i always keep it in the case. it doesnt get movement or sunlight. lol.

Attachments

• bm0564_56e.jpg
    bm0564_56e.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 20
my watches: a Russian tank commanders watch, A Seiko Divers Watch (kinetic), and a Seiko Chronograph. i also have a timex explorer that i wore during the war. My Russian watch has the same face, but the frame is different.

SKX175.jpg

Attachments

• SNA281.jpg
    SNA281.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 22
  • wv54.jpg
    wv54.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 26
Here is my watch, a Timex Expedition Apollo Blue. When I lost my first one about 2 years ago, I went on a search to find a replacement, but even for thousands of dollars I just couldn't find one that I liked as much. It works great, and I frequently receive nice comments about it. Most people think it is something very expensive! :lol:

Attachments

• t444653exmebl.jpg
    t444653exmebl.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 61
I have a cheap Casio digital thing. I bought a Casio one 5 year ago, and when it ran out of battery (earlier this year) I tried to replace it. I didn't see where most of the springs went.

So now I have another one. Cost about £30 max ($50ish).

Tells the time and gets me up in the mornings, which is all I really need it for.

Those fat-banded, inlaid watches are getting popular, aren't they. I thought about a brown leather one from A&F or something for non-social occasions so I wouldn't scratch my Fossil up. But they impede my movement.

They can look neat, though.

No one I know pays more attention to people's watches. I have always taken pride in selecting my timepiece because I believe that, for a man in particular, what type of watch you wear is a good judge of what type of person you are.

That said, I currently wear the Citizen Skyhawk Blue Angels watch. It has an all-titanium band and casing, navy blue and yellow markings, rotating bezel, 30 time-zones, day-date calendar, 3 seperate alarms and chronograph functions. And to top it all off, it has Eco-Drive, which means it runs off light, and not just the sun either. It can charge its battery from any kind of light, from any source, and can hold a charge for up to a month in the dark without losing the time. So, NOW who's the biggest nerd on all of GTP?

P.S. I used to own a Seiko Kinetic, the Seiko Final Fantasy Commemorative Watch, and I also currently own a Chase-Durer Pilot Commander, which is a military watch that you have to order from the company. I think the U.S. military uses these watches, but I'm not sure. Check out their website at:

http://www.chase-durer.com/

and be sure to take a look at their Trident FCX watch, it's crazy!

Attachments

• jr3090_58l.jpg
    jr3090_58l.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 26
out of curiosity, what do you people with the ultra skinny wrists do? I've always found it hard to get a watch to fit my hand just right because of how skinny I am. It's not like I don't try to work out either. I just never bulk up - I get stronger, I but never gain bulk.

emad
out of curiosity, what do you people with the ultra skinny wrists do? I've always found it hard to get a watch to fit my hand just right because of how skinny I am. It's not like I don't try to work out either. I just never bulk up - I get stronger, I but never gain bulk.
There are lots of watches that aren't as bulky but still masculine. Usually if you go to a good jewellery store, preferrably one where there's a man wirking, they can help you out and show you lots of watches you can try on.

I just had a few links taken out.
Thing's still a little loose, but I wouldn't like it to be hugging my arm all day.

I dont wear watches often, I tend to break them. I had a nice, simple Swiss Army digital, but I broke it the first day I wore it. Skateboarding in watches is bad unless you get them for free.

I have my eye on this black Oris as a dress watch, though.

emad

Check out the watch in my previous post. It's masculine, but it doesn't take up too much space.

I have a Rolex Oyster Perpetual in Silver with a Black face. Very nice watch and yes it is real and yes I spent way to much money on it.

BlazinXtreme
I have a Rolex Oyster Perpetual in Silver with a Black face. Very nice watch and yes it is real and yes I spent way to much money on it.
Hey hey hey, you can never spend too much on a watch, I say. I just hope it's not one of those new Rolex's with the giant Rolex Crown logo across the entire face. Very popular to buy fakes with that garbage in my neighbourhood, especially the punks and gangstas...
But then again a Rolex is a Rolex is a Rolex.

Event Horizon
Mine is a silver fossil that has a color-changing face. at the touch of a button, it goes form blue to green and vice versa! It doesn't do it anymore, the battery for that feature is dead...

I have that same watch, but I never use it anymore.

I have a Rolex but it needs to be fixed.

I now have a Wal Mart watch that looks like a Fossil or something similar but is actually digital. 👍

watch.jpg

Yes, I scanned it. :dopey:

emad

I got 3 links taken out, it's much better.

Joey
I just had a few links taken out.
Thing's still a little loose, but I wouldn't like it to be hugging my arm all day.

Yep, mine's about 1 link loose, if I get that link taken out, it'll hug my arm. Though, I wouldn't mind that. :sly:

I don't have a watch, .:. I suck! I just ask other people the time, like people without watches would. :grumpy:

My current watch is this old, Blue Angels watch. I've owned it for few years and I still have not replaced that battery! Yesssssssss!

However, I saw an ad for this new Seiko Sportura in the Road&Track magazine, yesterday.

img10531144900.jpeg

:drool:

Oh, excuse me! It's like $595 retail and around $300(maybe more) on eBay. I can't justify paying more than $200 on a watch, so it's out of my reach, unfortunately(damn you, Seiko!).

27342.jpg

This is my favorite. I got it for my birthday this year. When I have for a few years, I'll get sick of it and buy a new one. I like how the Tritium never goes out so no need for a light to see what time it is. It's not a great watch, but a very decent one that's perfect for everyday use.

Latest Posts

Back