The Watch Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Silverzone
  • 1,456 comments
I've been wearing this one since mid-2004. It's a Casio AWS90D-2AV Casual Classic Series. It's solar-powered with a rechargable battery. Analog dial with a digital section for setting alarms, showing the date, etc. It also has a light.

I've noticed that I'm rough with my watches, I always find a scratch or a paint mark on the face within 2 days of owning it. So spending 42 credits on a watch is about as much as I think is necessary.

aws90d-2av_b_138x150.jpg

I also have a ESQ watch that Lexus sent me as a gift for high yearly customer satisfaction ratings; I've worn it twice. It's black with a shiny spots where the numbers go; shows the date, and has a black leather strap. Nice, but like I said, I'm afraid to scratch it. Special occasions only...no web image seemed to be available.

I wear an Omega Seamaster - its absolutly bullet-proof, i've scraped the face against stone walls many times and even whacked it on a trailer (metal) the other day - yet the face is completely scratch free!

Attachments

• o042.jpg
    o042.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 19
Sorry to revive an old thread but I haven't used a watch since I was 14, and my girlfriend decided to give me one for christmas. Best of all, she allowed me to choose it. This was my pick:

ef507d4avdfbp0.jpg

I just hope it gets here before christmas.

Nice watch. But, I hate metal clasp watches. I'd put a leather band on that sucker. Though, will probably look better the way it is...

I haven't seen any new watches that I like. No new G-Shocks to interest me, either. I collect those.

Lately, I'm wearing mostly my Smith&Wesson watch.

But, I hate metal clasp watches. I'd put a leather band on that sucker. Though, will probably look better the way it is...

Although I agree with you that a leather strap can help set off the look of the watch, I find that they wear out too quickly through everyday activities and often they will fade or discolor from the elements. 👎

I have a stainless steel Guess that i've had for about 5 years now. Still works and looks good with minor care given.

I couldn't stand having a watch on my wrist. I stopped wearing a watch when I was around 12 or 13.

I stopped wearing a watch in college when I realized that there were clocks everywhere and everyone else wore a watch... so at worst you'd have to say "do you know the time?"

But I have a cell phone that keeps time more accurately than a watch anyway (and has a battery indicator), so I don't plan on wearing a watch anytime soon.

In the spirit of the rumble strip, "What watch do you wear?"

I haven't worn a watch in over 15 years but recently just started wearing a Seiko Coutura with Kinetic Perpetual drive mechanism.

SNP007.jpg

# Once set, the calendar automatically adjusts for odd and even months including February in leap year all the way to the year 2100
# The Seiko Kinetic technology allows the watch to wind from the motion of your wrist and then store that energy for up to four years - no batteries to change.
# If the watch senses inactivity for 24 hours, it puts itself into suspended animation to conserve energy, yet still keeps accurate time and date in its memory. The minute you put it on, or shake it a few times, it quickly resets itself to the correct date and time. If the watch is fully charged, it can "sleep" for up to 4 years and still know the proper time including date and year.
# Big Date window at the 12 o'clock is a great look and easy to read.
# 24 hour dial at the 4 o'clock and and 12 month dial at the 6 o'clock
# A small window at the 9 o'clock indicates number of years since last leap year
# Time and date are set independently using the crown at the first or second clock and for added convenience, the perpetual calendar is pre-set at the factory, but can easily be set by the user if ever needed.
# Seiko's highly accurate quartz Kinetic Perpetual movement has a yearly loss/gain rate of only 20 seconds, one of the most accurate watch movements available
# Water-tested to 100 meters, suitable for swimming or snorkeling
# LumiBrite® hands and markers.
# 3-Fold Push-button safety clasp
# Solid Stainless Steel case and bracelet in the elegant styling of the Seiko Coutura line
# Sapphire crystal is virtually scratch-proof
# Approximate width of watch 1 1/2 inches (38 mm) not including setting crown.

Some other notes on the watch, I'm right handed and wear it on my left and I got it for free, well actually I traded a Power Supply and a extra Video card for it. It's heavy and somewhat irritating on my wrist but I'm coming to be used to is and kind of like the 'bling' factor. :)

How about you?

RX_KC1427_NCL.jpg

* Kenneth Cole Reaction men's stainless steel case chronograph
* black sunray dial
* two round sub-dials with red accents
* date window at 3 o'clock
* black polyurethane strap
* water-resistant up to 165 feet
* imported

Mine is pretty much like this one, except it has a steel wristband not a polyurethane one.

mywatch.jpg

• Leijona 5088-1012
  • All titanium
  • Waterproof to 100m
  • Features a simple date display
It was my 21st birthday gift and replaced my old pretty similar stainless steel one that got a bit too much damage during my time at the army. Overall a very good watch for my requirements. :)

It's an easy mistake to make. I'm sure a mod will be around sooner or later to merge the two threads.

It's an easy mistake to make. I'm sure a mod will be around sooner or later to merge the two threads.

I'm sure....

Thanks for pointing that out. It's members like you that make my job easier. ;) 👍

After my calculator watch in the 4th grade, my next watch was a G-Shock. I saved my money and picked it up for $60. I later tried to brake it, remembering the commercials they had for the G-Shock with sledge hammers and hockey players. :lol:

I wore it for many years.

i used to wear a Wenger Diver, a gift from my mom, but when I brought it back for repairs, I didn't get it back. They offered me credit instead so I havent had a watch for a year or so.

Tag Heuer 6000

The colors are the same as shown.
Also the brushed and polished parts are the same.

The difference is that the one pictured shows two lines of text... "professional" and "200 meters" not three lines (as mine does) reading "Chronometer" "officially certified" and "200 meters."
It has no battery.
The Second hand ticks about 3 times per second (not exactly sure but it is obviously more than once per second) and appears to never stop moving (similar to many Rolex models).

Saphire Crystal face (resistant to scratches from anything other than a diamond). 👍
Water Resistant up to 200 meters. 👍

I've had mine for 10 years now. :D
Great watch. 👍

Damn... must be kind of uncomfortable wearing a tuna-can-sized watch

I've been wearing G Shock watches since the year they came out, 1983, and I never had a problem no matter how big they were. :D

I've got a couple of dozen of these suckers, too. This model and the Giez are my favorite. I just got the Mudman a few weeks ago and I plan to get two more soon. Plus these two...

The Kawasaki Frogman
G7710KRT-3_lrg.png

The Toyota Dakar Rally Mudman
G9000TLC-4_lrg.png

My Giez Model
151rd1.jpg

EDIT: My Tante Janna (Aunt Janna) from Holland is over right now and she wants everyone to know she's wearing this watch right now.

w_24_red.jpg

Brand : Casio
Model : W-24 / W-24.A

Release Date/Production Period : 1980

Module : 248

Manual : (module 248 manual )

Battery : BR-2016

Features : Day, date, alarm, stopwatch, 24 hr, light and 50M water resistant

Price : $24.95

Category: Marlin_2

Wow, bulky watches every where. I don't understand how you guys can wear those with how much they weigh, etc. And don't say they are lite, I've tried similar styles from Fossil etc, that my friends have. Feels like strapping a brick to my wrist. I'm just really picky about how bulky things are that I have to put on... thus why rings drive me nuts too.

All right, can't find the exact watch I normally wear... but close...

Skagen Steel mesh with a black face...
634310.jpg

Alot like that, but with only a black face (no ring around it, and no markings on the face except small "Skagen"). Its a dress watch, so not wearing it as much right now (my ancient Casio broke, I'll get a picture of it at some point). Its a super light weight watch that the band is easy to adjust on (which is nice, because my wrist seems to change size)

Next watch I would like to get, to replace the current one, is this.
mq-124_zi

Or something similar at the very least.

And apparently this is my 2000th post... YAY!

I have a few watches around the house but I dont wear them .. here's my daily watch that I've had for 2 years now and wear it all the time and cant go out without it or I feel something is missing! ..... a bit like going out and noticing you have no shoes on :P

SND119_265.jpg

I prefer a watch that just needs a shake to wake and doesn't cost the world to own :)

@Solid,

I remember those Marlin Casio's! :D Talk about a blast from the past. Very cool. Tell your Aunt, as far as I'm concerned, she has the coolest watch posted here on GTP.

:cheers:

Just noticed the Casio Solid posted. Alot like the one I have, except mine is silver. And it is from the 80's. Still keeps good time, just the metal for the wrist band broke (where the rod holds the band to the watch itself), so its a bit of a tricky fix.

Keeps good time still though :) And its a very light weight design, which if you read my crazy person rant above, you'd know is a big deal to me :D

Ditto. I use my Nokia to tell the time. I'm not allowed to wear a watch without protection (for our product) on the factory floor, so I choose not to wear a watch. I have an Accurist, gold over graphite. But I really want an Omega Seamaster, in the small face version. Slim wrists, see, big watches look daft on me.

Back