The Watch Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Silverzone
  • 1,456 comments
^ nice, very nice. Watch and recordplayer :)

My new Seiko SRP773 on different shoes.
18646678_296678174122736_3451361459081052160_n.jpg

18580654_293665497742048_8110500307714179072_n.jpg

18512878_239939973077966_8688013898235772928_n.jpg

Well my work watch finally gave up the ghost a week or so ago, instead of being disappointed I took it as an opportunity to get another watch,
After buying my Fortis the main part of the criteria was it had to be mechanical, the other part of the criteria was it needed to be cheap and reliable as it will get beaten up.
Enter the Seiko SNZG series, I also looked at the SNK's but they seemed a little small for my liking. After scouring the Net for the best price a 'worn once' one popped up on Fleabay and I jumped on it at $40 less than I could get it elsewhere. $40 doesn't sound like much but it's a big percentage price of the actual watch.

Turned up today and the guy wasn't joking about wearing it once as it still had the plastic protection on the caseback. :lol:

Anyway a couple of pics.

DSC_0446.jpg
DSC_0449.jpg

Also bought a couple of NATO straps to mix it up a bit but alas they didn't turn up today as hoped.

^^ I owned a similar one. Still itches to buy one again. I think they look very cool.

Yeah I agree, while searching it immediately caught my eye. I think it will look nicer on a NATO also.
For the price it was pretty hard if not impossible to beat. 👍

OK fellow GTP watch enthusiasts looking for an honest opinion here.

I've always been a sucker for a brown leather strap and after looking around for a bit bought a new strap for my Fortis to mix it up a bit. Not horrendously expensive (had some funds in my PayPal account from a recent PCars payment) but not real cheap either.
Part of me loves it but just not quite sure what to make of the large buckle part, what do you guys think in comparison to the original strap here.

Anyway a couple of pics.

20170724_181658-2.jpg
20170724_181711-2.jpg
20170724_181717-2.jpg

I think the thickness of the strap suits the style of watch, and I like leather straps muchos too.

I have a similarly sized buckle on one of my beater watches and it's not my favourite - personal preference only. I feel it kind of messes with how big or small the dial wears.

Most important thing is if you like it or not, not what we do ;)

Even more importantly though....coffee 👍

Most important thing is if you like it or not, not what we do ;)

Sweet thanks, for me I think the whole strap would be perfect if the ouside edge of the buckle was less pronounced and running more parallel to the leather if you get my meaning.
Hmm with great care I could file and polish that.

Either way I'll wear it for a few days as is to see how it goes. 👍

I quite like mine, it's a little banged up now but it does everything I need from a watch. :P

yrrhyQg.jpg
And it did the job pretty well for these few years. Seeing lots of abuse. Just last week I broke the second strap on it that I had and figured it was time for an upgrade. Just something about these Casio watches that I like so much. simple, cheap, effective. Next one is probably going to be an AE-1200.

Also excuse the mess. This is the only place in the room where one can get a smidget of natural light.

upload_2017-7-31_20-6-25.png

Is that a Bambino @Beeblebrox237 ?
It is indeed, a second generation (which adds hacking and handwinding) Version 2 with the white dial and blue hands. I've had it a while now but I tend to wear my divers more often since I'm quite often in the workshop working on our formula student car.

Ok , so after wearing the new strap I mentioned in a post just a few up I decided that the large/shape of the buckle wasn't really to my liking.
Shame really as the rest of the strap is exactly what I wanted.
What to do?
Well re-work it into the shape I do like/wanted. Much better me thinks. :D

DSC_0462.jpg

Last edited:
I think I have the beginnings of a problem and the blame is solely lying at the feet of @Mike Rotch :P.

Anyway I've been thinking for a while what the next addition to the collection should be and I was going to go down the Omega Speedmaster route (that will come) when I thought mix it up a bit more. Hmm a nice white face watch would be good and I've liked the original black faced Sinn 104 for quite a while, when I realised it was also available in white it instantly went to the top of the list.

After a few weeks of deliberation and then a much larger than expected tax return I pulled the trigger yesterday and it turned up today.

For the price spot the quality is superb and without stereotyping true to what you would expect from German engineering. Only had it a few hours now but so far love it.

DSC_0471.jpg
DSC_0473.jpg
DSC_0476.jpg
DSC_0478.jpg

Last edited:
Back