The Weather Thread

• Thread starter dbartucci
  • 12,561 comments
It was 101 here today. I knew it was going to be hot today by this morning. I made breakfast for the gang, and went outside to feed Bob. It was 6:52AM, and all I did was dig Bob's food bowl into his dog food bag, and put it on the ground. I then turned on the hose and filled his water bowl. By the time I finished, I was sweating like a pig. It was 'float in the pool' kind of day today.

You all that like hot weather are ****ing nuts and have been standing out in the sun too long. :grumpy:

I think it actually got HOTTER tonight... :irked:

I'll take "hot" over rainy and cloudy, any day. :D It's nice comfortable summer in Oregon though. Usually averages, probably around mid to high 80's. :) It was just over 80 today, probably.

It's 88°F , 31°C here in London at the moment... the shop at my work has no fridges working, so no cold water, there's no air-con in my office... I have my door wedged open with a lab supplies catalogue and the window open... and it's a bloody nightmare... we British are never happy, whatever the weather! :indiff:

Here in the north-east of belgium, it's 30°C, but it feels like 25°.
This is the ideal weather!

dustdriver
Here in the north-east of belgium, it's 30°C, but it feels like 25°.
This is the ideal weather!
Where are you from exactly???

It's 32°C (90°F) over here.

Touring Mars
It's 88°F , 31°C here in London at the moment... the shop at my work has no fridges working, so no cold water, there's no air-con in my office... I have my door wedged open with a lab supplies catalogue and the window open... and it's a bloody nightmare... we British are never happy, whatever the weather! :indiff:

"I'm only happy when it rains....."

The middle of London is not the best place to be when it's 30+ outside. Wish I was somewhere else. Middle of the Atlantic perhaps?

Pink_the_Floyd
Ideal?!

The humidity is too high, it feels like you can't breath.

I can't stand weather like that.

the humidity here is very good, defenitely not high.
the day before yesterday i was in Diepenbeek (inschrijven in Xios) and I do agree that the humidity there was too high.

Temperature inside:

Temperature outside:

And yes, by "inside", I mean inside the house – we don't have air conditioning. Leaving the windows open is the best we can do. (Touring Mars: 88°F without A/C? So what? :P)

:crazy: Jeez those pics make me look like a total lame-arse :sly:

... but my excuse is that I'm Scottish... the only time I've ever seen a thermometer that high was after my Dad was rushed to hospital after eating a Chicken vindaloo... the thermometer had to be destroyed shortly afterwards... :dopey:

Touring Mars
... but my excuse is that I'm Scottish...
:lol: Cold to me is probably what heat is to you – I'm miserable at anything below 50°F, and I absolutely can't stand anything below 40°F. This weather is perfect though! :D

Sage, you're totally insane. How can you live without A/C?

It's been around 97-107 every day since the hurricane passed. before then it's been raining every day so it would be hot, humid, AND crappy.

the humidity here is unparalleled, imo. any more and we'd be swimming. It's absolutely insane.

It's very humid here also. We're in the middle of a heat wave, and the humidity has to go up.

It was two degrees cooler than yesterday, but that doesn't help. :indiff: :yuck:

Omnis
Sage, you're totally insane. How can you live without A/C?
Well, uh, first there's the issue that we have to live without A/C. ;) We're off of the electrical grid, and we don't have enough solar power (even with the battery storage) to be running air conditioning.

And secondly, it's a very dry heat, not the awful humidity you have over there – yes, if it were humid here, I'd be complaining. But it's not, so the temperature doesn't bother me one bit. I'd rather have dry 120° weather than humid 80° weather. Humidity's just nasty.

It's hot, and humid here too. I almost puked after 30 minutes out in it. Of course I was in a closed garage doing my workout at 4pm too, so that doesn't help. The bad part is, it's only going to get hotter too. Here it's up to the mid 90's next week w/o heat index.

Currently:

wea3yu.jpg

It was pretty nice today actually, much cooler than yesterday (or the day before that). It did get a little warm when a small brush fire broke out nearby, but it was quickly put out. 👍

Ahhh, Fire Season...

Back