The Weather Thread

• Thread starter dbartucci
  • 12,561 comments
Yup, fire season! I'm surprised we haven't had more already – we've only had one so far this season.

Scotland always seems to get a raw deal on weather... politics aside, one thing that most people agree on is that if the polar ice-caps melt a bit, the result will be that the Gulf Stream will be diverted slightly south, and hence (ironically) Scotland (which currently benefits from the warm waters of the Gulf Stream), will get noticably colder... Scotland is on approx. the same latitude (or whatever) with Canada, and yet it is nowhere near as cold in the winter... not for much longer apparently.... bloody typical that global warming will make everywhere in the world hotter, except Scotland... DOH! :ouch: Actually, I don't know why I'm complaining... I prefer the cold
smile.gif

OMG, its is only 88 here. Yet humidty is at 98. And the Heat Index is 122. I feel like in Las Vegas, Phonix, and Needles were its 116 degrees! Somebody save me.

It was close to 90 today. It was little hot, but I like it! 👍 It's 88 in my apartment right now.

32 C feels like 42 C with only 56% humdity. There is an extreme heat advisory, but this is the end of the weeklong heat wave here, should be cooler tomorrow after tonight's rain.

Lets see... today was 101F and incredibly Humid. It was terrible. The heat Index was 115F! :eek: Not a cloud in the sky, either. Windy, though...

It was only about 80 today. I wish it got hotter, I was at the Souvie Island today. :guilty: At least it was warm enough to get into the water though.

VIPFREAK
:grumpy: it does not feel like it... And I have a lot of stuff off like the lights so it doesn't get at hot too.
Viper, I'm gonna try to post a picture in the "post your pic" thread. It will be dedicated to you! :D

We've gone over 100F a couple times in the past week - not as hot as AZ though - heard it hit 115F...

It finally rained today and cooled things down a bit which was nice...

It isn't the heat, it's the humidity. Today is supposed to be 97 F but if you walk outside you feel like you just walked into a steam room. The heat index is supposed to get up to 105 F. I hate summer.

Back