The Weather Thread

• Thread starter dbartucci
  • 12,561 comments
Damp.

upload_2020-3-9_21-36-41.png

With 3 more inches of rain yesterday, North Alabama has exceeded half of our average yearly rainfall and we're not out of March yet!!
Too much rain in our neck of da woods.
TN & MS rivers will be rollin for a while and we still gotta get thru May.

I moved to Florida last November after being in Virginia/Pennsylvania most of my life, and my brain has forgotten the concept of four seasons. Everything has blended in to one universal season of unending heat.

One morning it got down to like 45, and I found it amusing how enraged my coworkers were about "this freezing weather." :lol: Crazy to think most of them have never seen snow in real life.

Eks
I moved to Florida last November after being in Virginia/Pennsylvania most of my life, and my brain has forgotten the concept of four seasons. Everything has blended in to one universal season of unending heat.

One morning it got down to like 45, and I found it amusing how enraged my coworkers were about "this freezing weather." :lol: Crazy to think most of them have never seen snow in real life.
That reminds me of something similar that happened to me. I'm from Indiana. My family and I took a trip down to Florida for Thanksgiving about 10 years ago. I don't recall exactly what the temperature went down to one day, I want to say somewhere in the 50's. But I remember the weather lady on TV going, "You better get your jackets out. It's going to get COLD out there!" We just laughed and enjoyed our time in short sleeves and shorts. 50's in late November? Count me in!

Last year on this weekend it was 75°F and sunny. This year it's 30°F and snowing :grumpy:

A little precursor to Winter today.

Screenshot_Weather Forecast.png

15°C was way too optimistic. Seriously doubt that it reached double figures.

There's an unusually high risk for tornadoes today north of here.

IMG_20200607_130300.jpg

Oh it's a nice day, I'll take a drive up the mountain...snows.

MhrBtAT.jpg

It snowed, then hailed, then snowed with hail, the rained so hard I couldn't see anything. Then I drove through a cloud and it was a snowy, hailing, raining mix. Finally, once I got back down to 5,000 feet, it was just normal rain but that was a really interesting 17-mile drive. The road became so slick at one point you couldn't touch your brakes at all, it was like driving on icy marbles.

And to think, on Friday it was 105.

We're getting some thunder over by the mountains. Yesterday there was a nice rolling thunder, and just heard a rumbling just earlier.

102410306_3288931657804681_1264228177853512496_o.jpg

Last edited:
Back