The Weather Thread

• Thread starter dbartucci
  • 12,561 comments
>30°c + working from home - aircon = sweaty mouse.
Betting that's not the only thing that's sweaty. :scared:

- - - - -

Currently 79F, slight breeze, bird chirping. Great evening to sit on the patio and grill some chicken.

TB
Currently 79F, slight breeze, bird chirping. Great evening to sit on the patio and grill some chicken.
358937c96153eacd4774c21c3aa3c4c5.jpg

Dry but overcast. Maybe I can switch to summer tires today but then I have to start feeling better.
It will probably rain this afternoon.

AM+3+to+7-Day+Forecast496.png

..and then this popped up
https://www.ktuu.com/weather/alerts/

Red Flag Warning
Areas Affected: Copper River Basin

NWS Anchorage (Southern Alaska - Anchorage)
...RED FLAG WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 4 PM THIS AFTERNOON TO 5 AM AKDT SUNDAY FOR LIGHTNING FOR THE COPPER RIVER BASIN...

* Timing...Wet thunderstorms will develop over the northwestern Copper River Basin (including along the Denali Highway) late this afternoon then track eastward across the basin this evening and through the overnight hours.

* Lightning Activity Level...3 to 4.

* Winds...Variable 5 to 10 mph. Local gusts to 25 mph in storms.

* Relative Humidity...As low as 27 percent, with good recoveries to 80 percent or higher tonight.

* Temperatures...In the mid 70s, dropping into the mid 50s overnight.

* Impacts...Ample lightning could lead to numerous new fire starts.

A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions are imminent or occurring now, or will shortly. It is directed toward fire agencies, and through them to the public.

This is exactly how I feel:

tenor.gif

It doesn't help that my A/C broke when it's 103 out. Thankfully, it's getting fixed as we speak so it'll no longer be 92 in my townhouse.

That's the worst. Our Central AC broke last summer and it was a heat wave in the 90s for most of it. Thankfully we kept the large wall unit for downstairs and I had one that my older brother left after moving out of his first apartment. It worked but it's nothing like Central AC.

Today the heat dropped and we have a cloudy rainy day.

This is exactly how I feel:

tenor.gif

It doesn't help that my A/C broke when it's 103 out. Thankfully, it's getting fixed as we speak so it'll no longer be 92 in my townhouse.

That was me a couple weeks ago. Fortunately, the house only heated up to about 80 and the repair was just a capacitor.

We have had nice typical Belgian summer weather for the last few days. A lot of sun but also some clouds and between 22°C and 25°C.

TB
I was downstairs for most of it then went to bed but I don't think it was a terrible storm, was it?
Super late reply but yeah it wasn't that bad at all. Though it was a bit unsettling when the south wind stopped right before that northerly outflow boundary came through. I did block the wind the best I could from reaching my garden because I didn't feel like having my jalapenos blown over again.

Meanwhile, excessive heat warning today.

IMG_20200724_063528.jpg

Latest Posts

Back