Time Trial Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter El_Beardo
  • 2,194 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Little more playing in Monza. Tune is from praiano63.
1:28.917 Had to play with BB so its -5 to -2 to fight understeer. You can see from the vid.
Real game play this time, not from replay.
Tip for the T1 with this tune. DONT LIFT :lol:

So much this. I used the tune from @praiano63 and couldn't for the life of me work out how to get around turn 1 without spinning out. Eventually worked out that the only way is to keep your foot planted on the throttle. Any kind of lift at all and it's game over :lol:

It's a great tune though once you realise this! Think I did a 1:29.5 the first time I managed a clean lap 👍

Little more playing in Monza. Tune is from praiano63.
1:28.917 Had to play with BB so its -5 to -2 to fight understeer. You can see from the vid.
Real game play this time, not from replay.
Tip for the T1 with this tune. DONT LIFT :lol:

For the 2 right turns after the chicane , i put 1st gear to point the apex but perform the out in 2d gear. Congrats and Good luck
So much this. I used the tune from @praiano63 and couldn't for the life of me work out how to get around turn 1 without spinning out. Eventually worked out that the only way is to keep your foot planted on the throttle. Any kind of lift at all and it's game over :lol:

It's a great tune though once you realise this! Think I did a 1:29.5 the first time I managed a clean lap 👍
:lol: sure , it's full gas and smooth wheel input.Congrats and Good luck

I'd really like it if, for both the time trials and the Daily Races, as well as the Free Practice times, we could see our time rankings within certain parameters. There'd be the world, but also your region, nation, and the more local rankings. For the Free Practice times for the FIAGTCs, specifically for the Manufacturers Series, you'd have these parameters but also be able to enable/disable only showing drivers who are also signed with the same automaker.

Is there a way to see who is using steering assist for RBR? Pretty lame if anyone at the top are using it, defeats the point and PD needs to lock these out.

I’m running, ABS (standard), no TCS, BB 0.

Wish this was the full RBR.

So for the Time Trial at RBR Wet, I'm using the Heavy Wet tires (I mean really, if not in that particular sort of rain, then where?) and I've set my BB all the way forward, and I've left TCS off. Is this a good idea so far? I'm thinking of turning on TCS, but only to 1.

Is there a way to see who is using steering assist for RBR? Pretty lame if anyone at the top are using it, defeats the point and PD needs to lock these out.

I’m running, ABS (standard), no TCS, BB 0.

Wish this was the full RBR.
You can watch the replays of anyone in the top 10 and you’ll be able to see on the HUD what assists people are using. I’ve looked at all the replays and good news is that every single person currently in the top 10 has countersteer assist off... for now at least :lol:

Does anyone know where to get figures for number of participants etc? Scrolling every 25 on the PS4 will take a long time!

I’m a bit disappointed to see RBR track limit problems for the TT. Put me off without even trying it.

There shouldn’t be trial and error working out where the track limits are.

I've discovered something very helpful (for me!). I could not better my lame time in the wet, so I downloaded the top driver's ghost and switched mine off..... immediately took nearly 3 tenths off my time!
Realised keeping your own ghost on may not actually help......

Just to add, I could still see the top guy as he crossed the line..... far, far away, but still visible :lol:

ADD - just did it at Monza and took half a second off my best! This has put me back in the top 1,000 - unbelievable!

Last edited:
I've discovered something very helpful (for me!). I could not better my lame time in the wet, so I downloaded the top driver's ghost and switched mine off..... immediately took nearly 3 tenths off my time!
Realised keeping your own ghost on may not actually help......

Just to add, I could still see the top guy as he crossed the line..... far, far away, but still visible :lol:

ADD - just did it at Monza and took half a second of my best! This has put me back in the top 1,000 - unbelievable!
I didn't know you could do that in GT Sport. I'll have to try and do it also. Thanks for that mate.

I didn't know you could do that in GT Sport. I'll have to try and do it also. Thanks for that mate.
You're welcome, but be aware, the Alien ghost only comes up once you've selected start, gone into the trial, car prepped etc. - if you go straight to the Ranking Board before starting the trial, the ghosts of others aren't there, only replays.

Just to add, now been kicked out of the top 1,000....:lol:

Let's look at the pilots' predilection in the first week of this new round:

Red Bull Ring - 10.000 Players (P1 - Kerokkuma_ej20......1:04.964)

Monza - 5.360 (P1 - TX3_Aura.....1:27.115)

Let's look at the pilots' predilection in the first week of this new round:

Red Bull Ring - 10.000 Players (P1 - Kerokkuma_ej20......1:04.964)

Monza - 5.360 (P1 - TX3_Aura.....1:27.115)

Only 5,360 at Monza? Oh, my position not as good (for me) as I thought! That's way down on the 18,000 at Interlagos.... I wonder why? Monza is a track I've learned to love. ;)

That surprises me too. Maybe its the 1.8m credit car you need to do the event? I can't see a reason other than that.
That could be it.... the livery competition is having a similar reduced response I think as the car needed is the GT Red Bull, for 3M...... I don't do that competition but I've held off shelling out that much for that car (although I think I'll buckle eventually!)

On 1:29.612 for #141 for now, but loose time through Ascari. Enter in 3rd gear and change midway through Ascari to 4th, but does not seem to work. Any guidance on gear selection on Ascari entry and exit ? Thanks

Edit : 1:29.402 for # 107, but still not good at Ascari. Using @praiano63 tune with -3 BB.

Last edited:
Tried it but found I had two ghosts running at the same time, the fast one plus one of mine. Probably give it another go and see how it works out.

You can turn either of them off so you just have one in view by choosing which one from the 'ghost options' at the top. 👍

This game is getting too complicated for an old bloke like me. Yesterday I couldn't even manage to make some changes to a tune while keeping the original separate. Never had any trouble doing it in GT6

Reactions: CBH
Yesterday I couldn't even manage to make some changes to a tune while keeping the original separate.
Just use a computer or write down the original setup on paper, so if you make changes to the current tune you can always go back to the original one mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back