Time Trial Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter El_Beardo
  • 2,194 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost got under 1:31, but just couldn’t dedicate any time. Tried one last attempt last night after a few days off, just couldn’t get into a rhythm.

I thought about switching to the Atenza and prolly coulda done better than my RSR time. But I’m content with #113 out of 25k lol. #5 in US and 5th fastest RSR in the world. Lol.

Also agree that steering assist needs to be disabled for RBR. I might not even bother with it knowing that people can use it.

Last edited:
Almost got under 1:31, but just couldn’t dedicate any time. Tried one last attempt last night after a few days off, just couldn’t get into a rhythm.

I thought about switching to the Atenza and prolly coulda done better than my RSR time. But I’m content with #113 out of 25k lol. #5 in US and 5th fastest RSR in the world. Lol.

Also agree that steering assist needs to be disabled for RBR. I might not even bother with it knowing that people can use it.
Great job! :cheers:

I'll be keen to give both new ones a try tonight. The S2000 in the wet should be interesting. The GTO has been good so far. This has probably been touched on (I'll go through this thread tonight when I'm home) but I guess we don't know what the rewards are for whatever place you get for the last 4 events?

Great job! :cheers:

Thanks. Curious to see what people’s tunes were for the top times. Have a feeling mine was too stiff. I was having trouble with understeer and couldn’t get rid of it, had the rear locked down nicely though.

I’ve seen camber settings all over the map. I was running 1.8-2.5 on the front and even 0 at one point to test. Used the camera/replay to watch the tires. Curious what the fastest RSR was running to do a 1:30.4xx. Granted he was borderline penalty for turn 1, I noticed most fast times took liberal use of the inside curb.

I ran around 1:35 at Monza forgetting about tuning, and then after selecting max power, min weight and adjusting the 6th gear to take advantage of the main straight, I'm sitting at around 1:32.
With more practice I can see attaining 1:31 but below 1:30 seems very tough.

I ran around 1:35 at Monza forgetting about tuning, and then after selecting max power, min weight and adjusting the 6th gear to take advantage of the main straight, I'm sitting at around 1:32.
With more practice I can see attaining 1:31 but below 1:30 seems very tough.

Wait......you can adjust power/weight???? Please tell me this wasn’t a detail of Interlagos that I missed lol.

Updated : full downforce front and rear , 1:28.300 / 8th position (The first tuning sheet had a mistake on natural frequency , anyway here is the new one.)
Zonda R TT Monza.jpg

EDIT: Read 2.625 for final gear not 2.590

Updated : full downforce front and rear , 1:28.300 / 8th position (The first tuning sheet had a mistake on natural frequency , anyway here is the new one.)

Thanks for the tune Praiano, and update.
Managed 1:30.318 with your 1st tune.

One thing though, I don't understand your Toe Angle settings, are they toe in or toe out?
Cheers and thanks.

Damn the track limits are vague at Red Bull Ring. In some places you can go all four outside kerbs without penalty and somewhere two wheels inside white line gives penalty..:indiff:

Why not make it as simple as two wheels inside white lines all times period..

Well, I suppose this is one way to get used to the rain/wet before the inevitable appearance in the Dailies, next week.

Thanks praiano63 for you tune :cheers:. I wish I could use Manual and then I could be a bit quicker, but I can not and never will use it.
View attachment 846996
I see you are #94 Ford, by coincidence where I ended at Interlagos and where I was earlier today with Praiano's 1st tune.
Well done mate.

+positive numbers = TOE IN
Does that mean when there is no + or - before the number, it is 'positive (Toe In)?

Last edited:
Reactions: CBH
View attachment 846969
EDIT: Read 2.625 for final gear not 2.590
I'm not understanding this, can get the gears right. It wouldn't let me set first and second gear low enough to match yours after setting final gear to what you said. Why do you say set final gear to 4.000 in the comment section after saying to make it 2.625?

I'm not understanding this, can get the gears right. It wouldn't let me set first and second gear low enough to match yours after setting final gear to what you said. Why do you say set final gear to 4.000 in the comment section after saying to make it 2.625?
Worked it out lol. Thanks heaps for the tune

You need to do this , in the same order
1- instal your custom gerbox
2- set the final gear to 4.000
3- set each individual gear
1st= 2.529
2d= 1.892
3d= 1.526
4th= 1.335
5th= 1.189
6th= 1.062
4- set final gear again to 2.625
Done.

T
You need to do this , in the same order
1- instal your custom gerbox
2- set the final gear to 4.000
3- set each individual gear
1st= 2.529
2d= 1.892
3d= 1.526
4th= 1.335
5th= 1.189
6th= 1.062
4- set final gear again to 2.625
Done.
Thanks mate! I ended up working it out, I didn't read what you said in your comments part of the page the first time around!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back