Time Trial Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter El_Beardo
  • 2,194 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
What other sorts of neat combinations do you think could be fun for time trials? I also wonder if we could see provided cars be factored in, where you could have a specific selection with a class, but still be able to tune them. Anyway, here were some brief ideas I had:

-"Gentleman's Agreement" JDM cars @ Tokyo Expressway South Inner Loop, tuning permitted

-Jaguar XJ13 @ Goodwood Circuit

-Gr.1 @ Circuit de la Sarthe, tuning permitted

-Gr.2 @ Fuji Speedway, tuning permitted

-Mercedes-AMG W08 @ Catalunya

-Subaru WRX STI Isle of Man TT @ Tsukuba (since it's a time attack car, and Tsukuba is said to be most popular for time attack, as well as for motorcycle races)

-Renault R8 Gordini @ Fisherman's Ranch

What other sorts of neat combinations do you think could be fun for time trials? I also wonder if we could see provided cars be factored in, where you could have a specific selection with a class, but still be able to tune them. Anyway, here were some brief ideas I had:

-"Gentleman's Agreement" JDM cars @ Tokyo Expressway South Inner Loop, tuning permitted

-Jaguar XJ13 @ Goodwood Circuit

-Gr.1 @ Circuit de la Sarthe, tuning permitted

-Gr.2 @ Fuji Speedway, tuning permitted

-Mercedes-AMG W08 @ Catalunya

-Subaru WRX STI Isle of Man TT @ Tsukuba (since it's a time attack car, and Tsukuba is said to be most popular for time attack, as well as for motorcycle races)

-Renault R8 Gordini @ Fisherman's Ranch

It would be pretty awesome to do one of the unicorn cars around Goodwood. As you say though, they'd really have to provide the car to keep the participation numbers up.

It would be pretty awesome to do one of the unicorn cars around Goodwood. As you say though, they'd really have to provide the car to keep the participation numbers up.

Alternatively, it could be an affordable historic model, like the Renault R8 Gordini, or one of the older N-class cars. Something like the Toyota Sports 800, or the Corvette C2.

Brands is sooo slippery, but oddly fun. When the flow is good, the times are quite constant. T1 is the hardest for me...
Did about 50 laps with gtr. It was easyer to get the power down with it.

0:40.875 BB 3

Sooo annoying, but odly satisfactory :lol:

Here is a first quick tune for the Yamagiwa TT , i have a 1: 54.296 and a 6th position with it for the moment but a lot of room if nailing the 2 chicanes and fast left right left of the circuit.Low 53 reachable i think.
Perhaps others evolutions of the tune during TT duration.

For the gearbox : IMPORTANT , SHIFT AT 6000 RPM
Set final gear at 3,200
Then top speed minimum at 200 kmh / 124 mph
Then set each gear ratio
Then set final gear again to 2.500
Done. Good luck , have a good fun and a good drive.
><(((((°>°°°°°°°

Mitsubishi GTO Twin turbo '91 TT Yamagiwa.jpg

Last edited:
Brands Hatch Indy | Gr. 2 NSX | 40.825 | DS4 & Auto | Presently 105th in the World.

EDIT:

Had a second crack at it.

Brands Hatch Indy | Gr. 2 Nissan GT-R | 40.654 | DS4 & Auto | Presently 69th in the World.

Last edited:
I had a bit of crack at the Brands Hatch one last night, maybe 20 laps. Think I got a 41.0 .... But my optimal time was like 40.2 so might have to have another run over the weekend.
I am a bit of a sucker for Brands, love the short and full versions.
Dont play much GT anymore so it turns out I only had the GTR to use, and no money to buy anything else.

Was running no traction control, what seems to be the normal ?

Had a run at the last one in the rain at RBR, last I saw I was sitting like 290th or something (with no traction control), can you check the final results somewhere ?

I was a second off the pace until I tried @praiano63 GTO set up.. Thanks for sharing mate managed to sneak into 3rd using your settings! Nicely balanced WD 👍 Here's my best so far but I plan on chopping some more off tomorrow as I enjoy racing at Kyoto :cheers:

Great time from Ben also! 👍

Thanks for the reply, but I've found the recent TT's was wondering where to go for the past ones? The S2000 at RBR times somewhere?

Ps: awesome 5th in the GTO so far
I think someone said the earlier Time Trials results weren't able to be viewed after they finished.

I'd like to see an Open event with run what you brung. If 1,000 players want to use the P1 GTR to post top times, fine. However, it would be cool to see a time set by the fastest Fiat 500F.

Edit: Just tried it. At least I'm a nice even 550th. :)
EEU4UY3UEAERdWG

Last edited:
I'm late to the Time Trial party since I just discovered it yesterday, but I love it! Spent some time with the GTO, tried different tunes and watched the replays of the fastest guys. Gonna try praiano63's setup tonight and try to get a few seconds off.
I didn't have the time to browse through the whole thread - so are there any rewards or anything at all when these events come to an end? Or do they just disappear and get replaced by the new ones?

I wasn't able to drive more than 15 minutes on Brabds hatch indy. This combo track & GR2 car is horrible. Too short and repetitive , feel like a lion in a cage. At least when you set an event like this , a fair option would be to bet on regularity , like a 3 laps time trial.

I think the first option will always be on shorter tracks. I'm just waiting for Gr. 1 at Northern Isle (2 laps)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back