Time Trial Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter El_Beardo
  • 2,194 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
No. I think 2 weeks is right because some players don't get a lot of time to do these Time Trials like some, and that maybe why and it giver everyone a chance to complete a time.
gives people with less time on their hands a greater opportunity to run.

Appreciate the responses lads. I had thought of just that. It's just if you haven't got barely enough time to do some TT laps in a fortnight then I doubt you're really going to care whiter they're fortnightly, weekly or daily. Well that's how I would feel if I was so busy.

For me I would like it weekly but it's not a major deal or anything.

Appreciate the responses lads. I had thought of just that. It's just if you haven't got barely enough time to do some TT laps in a fortnight then I doubt you're really going to care whiter they're fortnightly, weekly or daily. Well that's how I would feel if I was so busy.

Someone else suggested this for the Daily Races, but the Time Trials could benefit from a staggered changeover day. One changes in one week, and the the other a week later. You still get two full weeks for each one but at least with a weekly update they wouldn't stagnate to people who play regularly.

This was suggested a long time ago for the Daily Races and it hasn't happened, but hopefully PD consider this for races and/or time trials.

1:53.813/35th/DS4/AT

GTSGTOTT 153813 20190924_234913.jpg

Only 1:54.3 with my setup, then tunes shared by @praiano63 and @PRST_Arno23 are giving me the booster... thanks a lot

Hey guys, New member here. I have just started getting into the whole online thing in GT sport and have been having a real crack at the GTO super lap. Managed a 1:56.819 with my controller and all assists off, pretty darn slow compared to most of you guys but setting that time was the most fun I have had for ages! That put me at 502nd overall and 21st in Aus. I can't Imagine going a whole second faster, let alone three seconds lol. Cheers

Edit: Tried Praiano's latest tune with the mods suggested by Arno 23 (thanks muchly btw) and managed a 1.56.375... Put me at 16th in Aus and 363 overall which I am super happy with! My fingers are killing me and I am getting cabin fever I think that's me for this one. The car feels like it has so much more pace in it now but I'll leave that up to the better drivers to exploit!! Will be interesting to see the final results in the end...

Hey guys, New member here. I have just started getting into the whole online thing in GT sport and have been having a real crack at the GTO super lap. Managed a 1:56.819 with my controller and all assists off, pretty darn slow compared to most of you guys but setting that time was the most fun I have had for ages! That put me at 502nd overall and 21st in Aus. I can't Imagine going a whole second faster, let alone three seconds lol. Cheers
Hey man, welcome! :gtpflag:

It is from this point forward that the only online time trials I shall enter are the ones where tuning is permitted. Speaking of which, I had made my best performance at Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo Super Lap in terms of my ranking. I was ranked 537th internationally at the time of the recording. Now I'm at 548. Here's my performance from last night.

G'day gents, woke up this morning with a strong coffee and had another go, managed a 1.55.626 for 194th overall and 11th in OZ. Bit of an improvement through my weakness, the left right left. Damn addictive these Time Trials! Anyone else improve their time?
Not long to go now until final results....

Got a World P2 with 1'52'626 !!! My first podium after several top 10!
I gave it a last try on Monday night, and felt I had that time in my controller (there are days like that).
Took me 3 hours (this is way too addictive...) but finally made it !

There can be a bit of 'controversy' in it, and among top #10, as to manage best the two fast chicanes, you have to 'optimize' your trajectories and GT Sport track limits. Meaning doing your best to put 2 wheels on the kurbs (and the other two in the grass). In the first one, there is only one trajectory that allows you to take it full speed, and for the 2nd one, there is only one trajectory that allows you to keep the car straight and in the inside at the end.

In my view, this is more a trajectory optimization that required hours to work on that a clear cut.
I would really like if GT would only authorize two wheels max on the kurbs (rest on track), but well...

Got a World P2 with 1'52'626 !!! My first podium after several top 10!
I gave it a last try on Monday night, and felt I had that time in my controller (there are days like that).
Took me 3 hours (this is way too addictive...) but finally made it !

There can be a bit of 'controversy' in it, and among top #10, as to manage best the two fast chicanes, you have to 'optimize' your trajectories and GT Sport track limits. Meaning doing your best to put 2 wheels on the kurbs (and the other two in the grass). In the first one, there is only one trajectory that allows you to take it full speed, and for the 2nd one, there is only one trajectory that allows you to keep the car straight and in the inside at the end.

In my view, this is more a trajectory optimization that required hours to work on that a clear cut.
I would really like if GT would only authorize two wheels max on the kurbs (rest on track), but well...
Congrats mate incredible driving!!

Should be interesting with the Camaro - not least because the track is one i have next to no experience.:scared:

Someone else suggested this for the Daily Races, but the Time Trials could benefit from a staggered changeover day. One changes in one week, and the the other a week later. You still get two full weeks for each one but at least with a weekly update they wouldn't stagnate to people who play regularly.

This was suggested a long time ago for the Daily Races and it hasn't happened, but hopefully PD consider this for races and/or time trials.

Dont know what has been suggested, but changing the non-tune TT weekly and the tuning allowed every 2 weeks would be the logical option..

New time trials for the next two weeks :)

View attachment 853472 View attachment 853473
Good thing that the Ferrari is the one with no tuning , the stock balance is already perfect.
I will see soon what could be done with the chevrolet. I've just take it for a very quick drive now and it's a good car that can be optimized due to the extra power and how to manage it around this track. Going to be fun for sure.

Good thing that the Ferrari is the one with no tuning , the stock balance is already perfect.
I will see soon what could be done with the chevrolet. I've just take it for a very quick drive now and it's a good car that can be optimized due to the extra power and how to manage it around this track. Going to be fun for sure.

I look forward as ever to your excellent tunes, & thanks for sharing them. 👍:cheers:

I had a very quick drive at the Camaro at BMB and a 1:10.9xx .
I have discovered this car in max power and weight conditions , i think PD could have limited to a lower power level , allowing to explore the balance and grip limits of this wonderfull car.
Now the most important goal in this car / event combo , is to find the most efficient traction x grip settings configuration , only after this you will have the option to raise the cornering efficiency till a given level of grip x traction x sane fast driving line allow.
Both options are in opposotion , soft rear springs and dampers , lower rear end , an LSD accel just on the edge ... But , the priority is traction , the rest is only what you'll be able to drive depending of yours skills and equipment . My G29 is a very good wheel but a bit poor regarding the feedback , essential to feel this kind of overpowered road cars.
I think i will have a first pre-tune very soon today and i will explore some others options later this week.
EDIT: I've forgot about the gearbox. It is also the most important thing here together with the traction.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back