Time Trial Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter El_Beardo
  • 2,194 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quit leap frogging me lol. Gonna try when I get back. Great job both of you

This tune is so smooth I'm sure I can close in on the 1'29's with a solid effort.. I'm not done yet mate ;)👍

driving.gif

After using DRS and take some few ideas of the suspension from the fantastic tune of @Glidelator (Big congratulations really) , i'm 3rd under the 1:30 with a 1:29.8xx easy.
Icould be faster than his ghost till after the S but i have to work on the second part and nail the final chicane. Can be done , quesstion of time and interest . Ok for me today

View attachment 857009 View attachment 857010 View attachment 857011

Updated tune , i'm 3rd under the 1:30 with a 1:29.8xx easy.
Thanks to @Glidelator for the tip of ride height that i made full front rear and low springs. It's a lot better.

After using DRS and take some few ideas of the suspension from the fantastic tune of @Glidelator (Big congratulations really) , i'm 3rd under the 1:30 with a 1:29.8xx easy.
Icould be faster than his ghost till after the S but i have to work on the second part and nail the final chicane. Can be done , quesstion of time and interest . Ok for me today

View attachment 857009 View attachment 857010 View attachment 857011

I can’t figure out how to match the gears to yours? I can get some of it to match, but then the later gears do go high/low enough to get the right numbers.

@suprajef I can’t figure out how to match the gearbox you sent me either, same issue.

Does it have to be done in a certain order or something?

Edit: Never mind I figured it out, I was trying to start with 1st gear and work up, but it seems you’ve gotta go the other way. :D

TYVM Sir. :cheers:
Anyway , i don't know if i'm going to drive again later today but if i do , i think i will make shorter the 2d and 3rd gear. I think at least 3 tenth can be gained out hairpin this way.
All this represent a lot of hours checking eventuals settings. Normally i do explore all the extrems just to check.
This option of max ride height and low springs rate was the best option , i think with time i would go there but @Glidelator did it for us first . I love this kind of emulation in the tuning process. I just hope more people in the future share his work like he did.

So where using the 7th gear to get this sucker up to 200mph+
rather than 8.
7 better than 6 for Acceleration?
It doesn’t bog down slightly with 7?

I don't know if it is happening only with G29 but i have some difficulties with the F1 on suzuka.
I don't feel any dead zone in the wheel , my TV is setted in game mode to have a more responsive wheel input , but i still find a lack of precision in the wheel inputs.
This is very specific to this car and track combo , turning very difficult to nail the S section mainly.
How other's wheels users feeling about this ? I would like to know please. TGT , Fanatec .... and others top wheels.

T-GT user here. I find with karts and Formula cars it helps to use Controller Steering Sensitivity to -2. I know it says in description it only applies to controllers, but with these very twitchy cars it does have a marginal effect with slowing down that initial wheel input. Just enough to make it more comfortable to drive. Could just be placebo effect for me, but if it works, it works ;)

I haven't driven the W08 since the last "understeer" update. Low speed corner behavior is much improved now, but kerbing still causes huge stability issues (especially the last chicane). Haven't tried praiano's tune yet though.

Also they should implement actual DRS zones like the real track (should be easy to code since it's similar to penalty zones I'd imagine). It's not easy trying to hold on to the overtake button as long as possible while juggling steering, gas and brake into T1/2 at the same time :lol: :scared:

I thought we could only use the DRS twice? approaching the start/finish line until turn 1 and then again exiting spoon until 130R? If you guys are using it elsewhere then I think I should dig out some tape and stick that button down also haha :P I can only do it at the 2 places I mentioned as they have long straights.. My hand eye co-ordination isn't what it used to be to try and use it in the esses, dunlop and hairpin etc.. :(

Where do you guys use it? Thanks in advance! :cheers:

I thought we could only use the DRS twice? approaching the start/finish line until turn 1 and then again exiting spoon until 130R? If you guys are using it elsewhere then I think I should dig out some tape and stick that button down also haha :P I can only do it at the 2 places I mentioned as they have long straights.. My hand eye co-ordination isn't what it used to be to try and use it in the esses, dunlop and hairpin etc.. :(

You can use DRS after turn 1 till entering the first left and after turn 9 before the bridge till hairpin . Perhaps out the hairpin , don't remember but i push it there to anyway.

My aim is to shave at least 4 seconds at Suzuka by copying some of the proven tunes and git good at the esses, I feel I lose a ton of time there.

Thanks for the replies regarding the DRS guys! 👍 I can see from 1st place replay that he uses it way more than me which means I still have time to find on this combo If I can adjust to pressing it more often.. I was using it twice in the lap and it seems I need to glue my thumb to that button :D

Here's my best lap so far using the DRS twice... but I aim to try it enabled for a whole lap tonight or whatever it allows and hopefully?....
hehe.gif
👍

Great close battle this TT compared to some of the previous events! GL guys :cheers:

You can use DRS after turn 1 till entering the first left and after turn 9 before the bridge till hairpin . Perhaps out the hairpin , don't remember but i push it there to anyway.

You can also use it for a second coming out of the hairpin, the straight after spoon and the front straight.

full throttle when driving over curbs??
For the last chicane , only the first right turn curb is dangerous . The one on the left turn before the finish / starting line is ok , you even can put the right tyres passing over it.
For the rest i only have problems after turn 9 out just before and under the bridge , losing time here on the 1st position ghost , i have to find a solution there.

You can use DRS at any straight, as long as your wheel is <45 degree turned the DRS icon on your HUD will be light up and you can press the "overtake" button to activate it.

It used to be deployed automatically (like hybrid boost in LMP1) but this was changed in one of the recent updates so now we have to deploy it manually.

Oh yes , if i remember well it's a normal transmission flip but the first setting of the final gear is not max value , i think it's around 3,200 .... something like this.

Hi , I have try to reproduce your transmission setup , and I have found that the first setting of the final gear is 3,700 to match your setting ;)

Having another go at the F1 car now, I won’t miss a DRS opportunity today! :D :lol:
8C0EE6CD-8342-444F-91F5-D95DE2F0898D.jpeg

Edit: Knocked .5 off to a 32.2 now, good for 109th right now. @suprajef you we’re right, she’s definitely loose now, but she also turns really nicely now too! :)

Edit 2: Shaved another .4 off for a total of .9 today. This is getting more fun by the lap. :)
8BA03B18-952F-44DA-A444-7C9B91343DD1.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back