Time Trial Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter El_Beardo
  • 2,194 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mind people who challenge the limits of a Time Trial, a challenge is a challenge to me, so I will try and beat their times,

I managed to get up to 13th at one stage over the weekend :D

I just watched both 1st place replays for Tokyo and Sardegna coincidentally by the same driver and wow!!! PD needs to fix this or just scrap them all together because those top laps are garbage and only highlight how flawed the penalty system is... what a waste of time to think you can try to run these clean and still stay competitive :lol:
I just watched the top time replays and no wonder the times are so low. I know I am not the fastest but to be 10 seconds off the top time is bull crap. I like the time trials because you get to compete against so many people. This needs to get fixed asap.

I would just like to know where I really stand at Sardega.

That is, where I stand with others who are also driving clean laps.

Tomorrow I see there is a Update, too much to hope for but I wish ......................

Few days ago I was about #96, logged on today and I'm over #200.
Looks like fender bending is very popular, can't blame blokes trying to get ahead of their mates even when it ruins it for others.

No matter, #208 now with a squeaky clean 1:23.253.

Last edited:
I am too lazy to write the above novel, but you pretty much summed it up. If the combo is broken from the start, you have a few options, drive it clean for Ur own personal satisfaction and forget about challenging for the win, or, you just go along for the ride and cheat, the more people that cheat, maybe the greater chance PD will notice and actually remedy the combo, like they did for a Good Wood TT some months ago.
Just wondering if you could post your best, or at least a very good, time, at Sardega, without having lost any paint..

At least us lesser mortals (who drive unmarked cars) will know how far behind we really are then. Just a thought.

Wow I didn't expect such heated discussion sparked by my post. Relax guys, at the end of the day it's only a game.

For the record, while I don't condone cheating, if everybody wallrides then technically no one gains an advantage, so no one "cheats". Personally, I attempted to wallride at Tokyo, but couldn't figure out a way to not get a penalty before the lap ends. Also tried wall banging at Sardegna but I was even slower than taking the corners properly :lol: I'm more amazed that I'm still in top 100 in Sardegna without cheating :odd: Guess a lot of people got turned off by the top times. My only wish is PD reset the board and disallow wallriding so I can see the proper techniques for rally, because this is the first time we've had a competitive leaderboard on dirt. The top guys will always be fast, no matter the situation, so cheat or not it makes no difference who will come out on top. But I'm still disappointed that there's no leaderboard reset after today's update :grumpy:

Also, it begs the question of how much exploiting of the game's mechanics is cheating and where to draw the line? Is machine gun downshifting cheating because it will result in engine blow in real life? Is using ABS and paddle shifts in cars which don't have it in real life cheating? Is curb hopping on the Nurb cheating? And so on and so forth...

I'm new to GT Sport & tried the TT at Sardegna. In my stock Lancia, managed a modest 1:34:690. I then saw the replay of the fastest time & was shocked the user used all the fences, stone walls etc. to turn instead of braking. In earlier GT versions, a slight touch would disqualify the run.

Was shocked as I was trying to be as clean as possible. I don't mind coming last as long as other users are true & honest.

BTW, what modifications can I make to the car? Really miss the spoilers, racing exhausts, racing brakes etc.

I'm new to GT Sport & tried the TT at Sardegna. In my stock Lancia, managed a modest 1:34:690. I then saw the replay of the fastest time & was shocked the user used all the fences, stone walls etc. to turn instead of braking. In earlier GT versions, a slight touch would disqualify the run.

Was shocked as I was trying to be as clean as possible. I don't mind coming last as long as other users are true & honest.

BTW, what modifications can I make to the car? Really miss the spoilers, racing exhausts, racing brakes etc.
Yeah, the hockeypucks are in full force on this one. Go to car settings, quick tune, and use mileage points to level up power ratio and weight reduction. go all the way to level 3 if you got the mileage, and slam those ratios to max. Good luck.

Second and final go tonight at the Toucan Tokyo Taycan Time Trial Test....

I only run 5 or 6 laps at a time as I usually hit my sweet spot quickly and then get :banghead: when I cant repeat it(!) and start going back downhill again.

Anyway, I chopped 2 seconds + of my first attempt and managed a slightly less dire 1m26.993 which put me in the top 3,628 in the world. :D

I found the combination of the massive torque, hammering on the brakes to slow back down and the horrors of those narrow Tokyo walls to be a struggle, frankly... :embarrassed:

I didn't try out the rally one as that was never going to go well for me :nervous:

I wonder what is up next. Based on last week's update, I'd guess CTR3 with tuning at the Nurb GP and Jaguar VGT without at Brands Hatch...?

Second and final go tonight at the Toucan Tokyo Taycan Time Trial Test....

I only run 5 or 6 laps at a time as I usually hit my sweet spot quickly and then get :banghead: when I cant repeat it(!) and start going back downhill again.

Anyway, I chopped 2 seconds + of my first attempt and managed a slightly less dire 1m26.993 which put me in the top 3,628 in the world. :D

I found the combination of the massive torque, hammering on the brakes to slow back down and the horrors of those narrow Tokyo walls to be a struggle, frankly... :embarrassed:

I didn't try out the rally one as that was never going to go well for me :nervous:

I wonder what is up next. Based on last week's update, I'd guess CTR3 with tuning at the Nurb GP and Jaguar VGT without at Brands Hatch...?

Considering most of the top runners use the walls/barriers as an aid to turning faster, it will be hard to rank higher. I did notice though a heavy hit on the barrier every time costs 1.5 seconds in a penalty which is missing in the rally. Try the rally as it's more fun than the Toky event.

Mazda Demio at Kyoto Driving Park (no tuning) and Nissan GTR-Nismo at Willows Springs (:irked:) tuning allowed.
If I get a lap in quick I might get into top 500!! :lol:

Mazda Demio at Kyoto Driving Park (no tuning) and Nissan GTR-Nismo at Willows Springs (:irked:) tuning allowed.
If I get a lap in quick I might get into top 500!! :lol:

Wow, bizarre combinations!

I haven't actually driven the Demio yet, so I'll give that a go. I hate Willow Springs so I may have to hold my nose with that one.

Plus I'm not a fan of tuning in time Trials personally. I've driven the GTR at boosted levels and the handling gets tougher to control.

Demio is fun. Lots of time. Angles so important. Zero room for error. 28th is nice. But it’s early. It’ll drop I’m sure.

Attachments

• 4E0BC2B7-66D1-40C0-A987-CAF8480E811E.jpeg
    4E0BC2B7-66D1-40C0-A987-CAF8480E811E.jpeg
    69.6 KB · Views: 33
Really wish like earlier GT versions, an improvement in time would instantly be added to the rankings & would get updated as opposed to only when exiting the TT. I would love when even a fraction of improvement would live update the ranking. It was such a feel-good factor.

Took the Demio for a spin. Tried with the motion sensor config - managed 53:418. Then tried with my more comfy config (left stick for left/right steering) - managed 51:962 for a 163rd rank.

In the other TT, managed 1:22:710 in a stock GT-R.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back