Time Trial Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter El_Beardo
  • 2,194 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't use anything below 3rd gear. Smooth progressive inputs are key. You want to brake early (I use BB +1), rotate and get the car straight as soon as possible. If you give it more than 50% throttle before completely straight the turbo will kick in and slide the rear.
ah OK, thanks for that.
It seems I can rotate with a bit of a blip on the throttle.

Fastest laps so far

Awesome!! I'm currently sitting at 313th with 02.23.113 and struggling to beat that. I find the car very twitchy and the breaking is not exactly brilliant, but I've noted your driving line and will persevere. I only have a DS controller and use auto transmission because I cannot seem to steer / change gear with my ageing brain. You make it look so easy!!

Kart TT 1:29.723.
Might still try to hunt faster time. Oddly addictive. :lol::lol:

Great time 👍

I'm at 1m32.206 and 2,568 out of 7,200 which is about normal for me (usually seem to hover around the bottom of the top third).

It's a fun trial and a nice change. Agreed about the addictive part. I think it's because it's an unusual errr car, plus theres a feeling of getting in a certain rhythm after a while, chipping away at the times a few hundredths at a time. Once you get in that rhythm, the laps pass by...

EDIT - I'm currently ahead of @Neil-PearlJam - that's a novelty (that probably wont last for long :lol:)

D34FAA58-3E6D-4FED-8CB3-92CB2742B982.jpeg
Heres my kart transmission tune.
Pls share if you have better :cheers:

Great time 👍

I'm at 1m32.206 and 2,568 out of 7,200 which is about normal for me (usually seem to hover around the bottom of the top third).

It's a fun trial and a nice change. Agreed about the addictive part. I think it's because it's an unusual errr car, plus theres a feeling of getting in a certain rhythm after a while, chipping away at the times a few hundredths at a time. Once you get in that rhythm, the laps pass by...

EDIT - I'm currently ahead of @Neil-PearlJam - that's a novelty (that probably wont last for long :lol:)

sorry fella :lol:

sorry fella :lol:

:lol::lol:
Working on it...
Working on it...

Down to 1.31.530 and up to 1739th

EDIT 1.31.175 for 1395th.

I am finding a lower final gear of 4.400 gives me more pull in the uphill sloping tunnel at half way around (I'm driving automatic though).

Last edited:
Decided to try yours tonight. Great! I beat you by .001s. Motivating right?!
I guess I have sone more shaving to do! This TT has a zen like quality to it, when you are in the 'zone' you know it when you are going quicker! That's probably why it's addictive. I remember a likewise experience with an Evoque In the Swiss Alps on mixed terrain. Maybe it was GT6 or 5

Kart time to 1:29.676
Modified the trans tune, new tune in the end of the vid. Will get to .5xx with this tune. :lol:

Saw your new time, compliments. But I have hope; now I will see your video and new tune. Don't know if I will be able to make a better time than I did before, but you made me happy knowing I can try out something tomorrow. Thx!

How do you get those gear ratios I’ve tried everything!
I think that I set the final to 5.000 then 5th to max and 6th to lowspeed.
Then change the topspeed adjustment and last the final.
Something like that. Played with the settings quite long to get those numbers.
There might be easyer way to do this :lol:

I notice the fast times with the kart have the ABS switched off, why? you never use the brakes.
Never. You should be able to hit every corner without brakes. It’s all about your angle of entry. The kart will turn. You just have room fully commit.

I think that I set the final to 5.000 then 5th to max and 6th to lowspeed.
Then change the topspeed adjustment and last the final.
Something like that. Played with the settings quite long to get those numbers.
There might be easyer way to do this :lol:
Ha thanks!! I’ll keep playing with it. I can’t seem to push past a 29.7xx. So I’ll have a play around with your advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back