Time Trial Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter El_Beardo
  • 2,194 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Been fun to try a GT Sport Time Trial after a while, reminds me of the good old GT5P days. Kind of felt old as got birthday gift when booting game up even though it has already been a few days s‌ince. Gave this a go given this is a track and car combo I like and wanted to try out.

I don't usually change brake balance because I am a noob but moved it forward by 2 thinking it might help with front grip and rear stability. Managed to get first spot with the Mégane Trophy (Drives amazing) although dropped a few tenths here and there compared to my best sectors, surprised I am still top now but doubt it will be for much longer. Still feel young at heart. I wonder if the top wheel and pad users will be able to get under 50 seconds, I am just using the DS4 that comes with the PS4, feels kind of frustrating not getting closer to my potential time but didn't want to spend too long. Only really low 50's would be possible for me I think with DS4 realistically. Have fun everybody!

It

100% need a nerf. It’s way overpowered. It always makes up such a huge huge percentage of the top times. There is nothing else really consistently viable imo.
It's a pure handling car on a pure handling track, so it's a pretty obvious outcome for this specific combo. It's just pure coincidence that most of the recent Gr.4 combos have preferred the handling cars so it's no surprise to me that this has become a recent topic of discussion for some. You can also go with the Alfa 4C or the Toyota 86 if you really don't want to use the Trophy. They should be barely slower.

It’s way overpowered.
More like it's way underweight. Power isn't the issue, as it already struggles on any straight - 140mph is a fight on the flat - but it has considerably shorter stopping distances and the highest cornering speeds in the class, pretty much because it's almost a bespoke race car that nearly fits GT3 regs.

On any kind of fast or mixed track with a couple of straights, it's a floater. Make it twisty with hard stops and nothing matches it. It's also really good fun to drive.

Really GTS needs per-track, per-race BOP, not one-size fits all.

The Megane really needs to be a Gr.X. It sticks out like a sore thumb (either too fast or too slow) in any Gr.4 race.

The RX7 combo is more a drift trial than a time trial tbh :lol: Car doesn't like any braking/throttle with any steering angle so it's all about braking in a straight line, getting it rotated ASAP and gunning it when the steering is fully straight. Also short shift because most of the torque is <7000 rpm. Easier said than done at a twisty track like Tsukuba :crazy: I'm surprised I'm still top 10 with my usual botch job tune, prolly lots of the top aliens are away for the WT.

Awaiting Colombia and praiano to post their magic, but I think I'm very close my limit anyways.

Hello friends. Nice to greet you. Here is my configuration for TSukuba in the Amemiya. Gearbox ... 1. Last March to 3000 .... 2. Maximum speed at 200 ... 3. Return the last gear to 2500. Then Set the Change Values As they are in the Photo .. Make the changes between 7500 Rpm to 7800 max. Great Potential for the Low 59xxx.. Greetings
upload_2020-2-17_13-27-45.jpeg

upload_2020-2-17_13-28-10.jpeg

upload_2020-2-17_13-28-35.jpeg

Last edited:
It

100% need a nerf. It’s way overpowered. It always makes up such a huge huge percentage of the top times. There is nothing else really consistently viable imo.

And it all changed so fast :)

So how about the march of the C4. It now dominates the top 10 currently. I tried it myself but I'm still learning trailbreaking. I'm really hoping for a two brands fight. Maybe even 3 with the NSX?

Last edited by a moderator:
Neither of these trials appeal to me much, but had a go tonight for a few laps. Dont think these will trouble the leaderboard or the @koshmare YouTube channel though :lol:

Suzuka East
Alfa C4 53.036
Megane Trophy 52.840

11,851st out of 34,800 players woohoo :D

Tsukuba 1m02.753 1,950th out of 11,872 :D, thanks to @COLOMBIAMIGUE7 tune :cheers:

I still hate driving that RE Mamma Mia though :yuck:

^Not for long it seems :lol: The trick to the lap is hitting the bump in T2 just right to minimise loss of speed and avoid getting thrown wide. Being smooth and minimizing distance is everything in this combo because there is no braking and the kart is banging on the rev limiter the whole lap. When starting the lap, exit the last corner wide to maximise speed. When finishing the lap, don't go fully to the outside (more middle of the track) so you can save distance. My optimum was 0.1 sec faster and I messed up the exit of the last corner in my lap. Also if you get the gearing perfectly right so it doesn't bog too much in the final corner you can probably get another tenth. I'm guessing the final top times will be around 29.8 or 29.9 ish. Don't think the wall riding in previous Taycan TT will return for this so it's good news. If you find the steering too twitchy, fiddle with the controller steering sensitivity settings (yes, even on wheel it makes a subtle difference).

The CTR3 suffers from lack of front end downforce that plagues almost all super/hypercars in this game. Shame because it's quite an interesting combo. Once again this should be the tuned TT and the kart one untuned (apart from gears you can't change anything anyway). Weird minds at PD as always :boggled:

Did a 1:29.596 in the kart time trial. I could probably get a mid .5 or lower with smoother driving and better gear ratios, but here's what I have so far:

Top Speed: 130 mph (approx. 209 km/h)

Final Gear: 4.400
5th: 0.927
6th: 0.888
(1st-4th don't really matter, hence why I didn't include them)

Didn't do a flip with the transmission. Might have to experiment with it to see if I can find even better gear ratios

Edit: Tried to recreate my gear ratios from a stock setup and couldn't do it, so I guess I don't remember the initial steps I did when experimenting to find the right ratios. I will say that you want to set the gears in a way so that you hit 107-108 mph in 5th gear before you want to shift, and hit approximately 112-113 mph in 6th when you're at the peak of the powerband. Apologies for that. :lol:

Last edited:
Did a 1:29.596 in the kart time trial. I could probably get a mid .5 or lower with smoother driving and better gear ratios, but here's what I have so far:

Didn't do a flip with the transmission. Might have to experiment with it to see if I can find even better gear ratios

Edit: Tried to recreate my gear ratios from a stock setup and couldn't do it, so I guess I don't remember the initial steps I did when experimenting to find the right ratios. I will say that you want to set the gears in a way so that you hit 107-108 mph in 5th gear before you want to shift, and hit approximately 112-113 mph in 6th when you're at the peak of the powerband. Apologies for that. :lol:

Friend you're flying in the Time Trial congratulations that Good Very Good

TYVM! :cheers: I was stuck at 1:30.3 until I tried your gearing, I’ve got it down to a 1:29.8 now. :)

After some trial & error, found the steps to recreate your numbers ;)

1. Move Final to 4.300
2. Move Top Speed to 210 km/h
3. Adjust individual ratios (I know only 5th and 6th matters, but I moved all other gears to the left as well so the graph looks nice :lol:)
4. Move Final to 4.400

I found also it's much easier to listen to the engine rpm than glancing at the speedo to know when to shift down or up. You can really gain or lose a lot of time in the two uphill corners after the tunnels if you time your shifts right. Down to .7xx now. My optimum was a .6xx but it's getting real difficult to string all sectors together at this point. I'm guessing the final top time might just dip into the .4xx unless someone finds a very specific line or gearing. Very addicting combo but man my hands are cramping after 5 laps due to how rock steady you have to hold the wheel :lol:

OK I'm struggling with the CRT fastest I can get is 1.27xxx.
anyone got any tips? it's an absolute sod to stop it spinning out.

OK I'm struggling with the CRT fastest I can get is 1.27xxx.
anyone got any tips? it's an absolute sod to stop it spinning out.

Don't use anything below 3rd gear. Smooth progressive inputs are key. You want to brake early (I use BB +1), rotate and get the car straight as soon as possible. If you give it more than 50% throttle before completely straight the turbo will kick in and slide the rear.

It may seem out of place here, but I use DS4. I found with the kart, i dropped the steering sensitivity to -1. I got a 1:30.030. It’s super helpful in the last two sectors specifically.

Just remember to put it back up when you leave. Otherwise cars don’t turn lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back