Time Trial Discussion [Archive]

• Thread starter El_Beardo
  • 2,194 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing how Pigems taped down the DRS button made me look for a similar fix for the G29 and sticky tape strapped around it just wasn't working for me on any button? But then I found that if you map the overtake to either the L3 or R3 buttons then you simply need to press the button in and whilst it's held in... there's a small groove that appears at the back of the button and you can just jam a little ball of tape or a matchstick in there and it does the job and DRS will be auto for the whole lap and all materials are totally hidden from sight! .. Just thought I'd share this also as a quick fix ;)👍

Seeing how Pigems taped down the DRS button made me look for a similar fix for the G29 and sticky tape strapped around it just wasn't working for me on any button? But then I found that if you map the overtake to either the L3 or R3 buttons then you simply need to press the button in and whilst it's held in... there's a small groove that appears at the back of the button and you can just jam a little ball of tape or a matchstick in there and it does the job and DRS will be auto for the whole lap and all materials are totally hidden from sight! .. Just thought I'd share this also as a quick fix ;)👍

Nicely done man, glad I was able to be of some help. :cheers:

This is the tune I used today, she’s loose, but works really well once you get used to it. I really like the gearing too. :)
720A0208-2AD9-4361-BBFC-8888BFDAE4B0.png

23C11059-C200-49F5-80B2-F0D8C61080CB.png

With the DRS enabled full time I got it down to 1'30.151 but lost speed exiting degner 2.. I still have some another couple of tenths here and there 👍

With the DRS enabled full time I got it down to 1'30.151 but lost speed exiting degner 2.. I still have some another couple of tenths here and there 👍
Hey try my tune and lmk what you think. Also stop pulling away from me lol

First ever time trial using a wheel after using a controller for gaming for the past 30+ years and oh my, it’s a revelation and i can’t believe I waited so long in making the switch, that McLaren around Suzuka is a absolute dream to drive..never going to be anywhere near the fast times but I’m just loving the sensation of chucking it into corners like a giddy schoolboy, I read that most people are a couple of seconds slower after initially making the switch so I’m happy with a 1:34.4xx so far..pretty sure there’s more room for improvement too as I made a few mistakes too:cheers:

So is it possible to ride the barrier around the corner and slingshot it out without picking up a penalty?
I’ve tried it with the lightest of brushes and lifting off as I ride it down the straight and then around but I get a 1.5 penalty,
how that guy managed to whack it without anything :confused:

So is it possible to ride the barrier around the corner and slingshot it out without picking up a penalty?
I’ve tried it with the lightest of brushes and lifting off as I ride it down the straight and then around but I get a 1.5 penalty,
how that guy managed to whack it without anything :confused:
He still have his 2 left tyres on the red/white zone . This first moment of the chicane is very dangerous , much more than the second left out turn.
In this first left , if puting the right tyres on the green zone , you have all the chances to spin.
The only way to control this moment is to make the driving wheel or control input neutral during the fly over the curb. If not , you will induce a violent spin.
This is not happening in the second part , don't know why.

Here is my best lap so far at BB Raceway of 38.741 which is currently ranked first in the US and 50th in the world.

I can do a turn by turn tutorial, but given that there is only one turn where slight braking is needed, I wouldn't have much to say.

First ever time trial using a wheel after using a controller for gaming for the past 30+ years and oh my, it’s a revelation and i can’t believe I waited so long in making the switch, that McLaren around Suzuka is a absolute dream to drive..never going to be anywhere near the fast times but I’m just loving the sensation of chucking it into corners like a giddy schoolboy, I read that most people are a couple of seconds slower after initially making the switch so I’m happy with a 1:34.4xx so far..pretty sure there’s more room for improvement too as I made a few mistakes too:cheers:
I remember exactly my transition: Time Trial with the Nissan 350z at Grand Valley East (GT4). It took me 400 kilometers to overcome my controller skill... :D

Completed a few laps around Suzuka last night to gauge where I was at.
After about an hour and a half of dirty laps and restarting I managed a 1:31.130 which was good enough for 50th position at the time, now down to 53rd which surprises me since I'm about 2 seconds down on the number 1 time.
This time also puts me 5th in Australia which I did not expect.
Set up was a hybrid of @praiano63's and my own adjustments. I was finding the car to be a bit too loose, probably since I use a pad.
Definitely still some time to be gained, however putting it all together will be a real challenge.

1.30.865 and still time to be found. What a fantastic car is this AMG. Everything comes at you so fast at the beginning, but when you start to understand the car, it becomes a beast. Never thought an F1 has this unhuman limits. Wow.

Completed a few laps around Suzuka last night to gauge where I was at.
After about an hour and a half of dirty laps and restarting I managed a 1:31.130 which was good enough for 50th position at the time, now down to 53rd which surprises me since I'm about 2 seconds down on the number 1 time.
This time also puts me 5th in Australia which I did not expect.
Set up was a hybrid of @praiano63's and my own adjustments. I was finding the car to be a bit too loose, probably since I use a pad.
Definitely still some time to be gained, however putting it all together will be a real challenge.

How do you find out where you are ranked by country?

How do you find out where you are ranked by country?
You can't separate the lists by country, you'll just have to count the flags as you scroll.
https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/sportmode/event/20512
https://gtsport.r1s3.net/superlap
👍
GT Sport Stats now allows to filter all the standing tables by clicking on the small flag icon and showing only the times for that country. It's not exactly what you wanted but it's a start, I'll keep on working on it.

GT Sport Stats now allows to filter all the standing tables by clicking on the small flag icon and showing only the times for that country. It's not exactly what you wanted but it's a start, I'll keep on working on it.
That bit works just fine. 👍 But yeah, it could do with a secondary ranking POS column.

It's a shame your listings top out at 500 tho. :(

Can you upload a video of how to get those tune settings for those gear ratios?
I’m at 1:35 with what I could use from here with the over settings :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back