Tom Clancy's The Division

I am sure it will.. I had a lucky past few sessions got some good yellow gear drops and on a first try Crafted some pretty nice gloves. Only high end weapon drop for me so far was a side arm, but considering I have not played all that much since the update it is pretty promising.
I was very heavy on crafting before the update, and what's good about it, is that there is a rare chance that you can craft an item far above its labeled specs. With this current way of doing it, it's really putty some hurt on those that don't rely on scavenging.

I did, however, managed to craft two vests last night, and one was really good with 1340 armor with an additional 400 or so. Very pleased with that one.

26350863362_3bb562f3da_b.jpg

Anyone else get fluctuating blueprints? The Vector used to read something like 9500-10500, but has since changed to what is in the picture, but the odd thing is that sometimes it goes back and forth. Even though it says 10734-11905, it still crafts it to the older, lower damage blueprint.

This was before the patch, but even after, it's still the same.

The UI is pretty much borked when it comes to DPS and DMG. DMG is dependant on your firearms skill, so if that didn't change, neither should the blueprint. That said, I noticed today that my firearms showed too low in the UI, but after viewing a few items it was back to normal. I suspect something similar is going on here.

That said, I have never gotten a craft lower than what it shows onscreen.

The UI is pretty much borked when it comes to DPS and DMG. DMG is dependant on your firearms skill, so if that didn't change, neither should the blueprint. That said, I noticed today that my firearms showed too low in the UI, but after viewing a few items it was back to normal. I suspect something similar is going on here.

That said, I have never gotten a craft lower than what it shows onscreen.
Well the thing is my firearms skill has hardly even changed for the past week or two. So I can't really say its linked to that. I just feel that the correct stat on the blue print is not being shown, because even when I craft, I always get a 9500-10000 DPS Vector with a 20 round clip(which is what it used to be labeled as). My current vector has 39 rounds because I have a HE mag with 99% extended mag. Yet the Blueprint for the new craft shows the Mag size is 38 at default, with over 10700 damage. It never crafts anywhere near that.

It used to show the correct information.

26350863362_3bb562f3da_b.jpg

Anyone else get fluctuating blueprints? The Vector used to read something like 9500-10500, but has since changed to what is in the picture, but the odd thing is that sometimes it goes back and forth. Even though it says 10734-11905, it still crafts it to the older, lower damage blueprint.

This was before the patch, but even after, it's still the same.
To confirm what I was talking about.

Screenshot-Original-25.png

The old photo had to be about two weeks ago, while this one is minutes old. Since than my firearms has went up a little as you can see from my current vectors damage(same one from the old photo.) Now it's even lower than what it used to be lol.

Last edited:
I think it's safe to say the UI is borked in many regards. :lol: On another note, managed to gather three pieces of Striker gear and two pieces of Nomad gear. Still contemplating which way I want to go with the new gear sets. I also got a Tactician piece, but don't really like that set.

What is going on in the DZ!?? All I've seen for the past week or so is Rouges, after looking closely it looks like people are just shooting at each other just to go Rouge and run the timer out... I mean they attack someone else, turn Rouge and then they just keep hanging out like nothing ever happened... Is it a "boosting scheme" or something like that?

It's a way to get the insanely high priced high level weapon and gear blueprints, which cost between 200k-400k DZ credits each. If you go Rogue but not kill, nobody loses credits, and the Rogues gain credits for surviving. So it's farming without having to run around killing NPCs (takes more time) or killing players (takes more time, high risk).

Still, killing players is the fastest way to get the DZ credits (and DZ level), though also at the highest risk.

I've been using a 183 Tactical SA-58 for some time now with some damage multipliers for certain things that I can't remember, but I had recently found a new SA-58 in the DZ that was a good amount stronger than my last so I decided to upgrade it. Upon equipping it, the damage for all my weapons had dropped significantly. My Vector Dropped from 190k to 175k while the new SA-58 dropped from 211k to 177k. I did not realize that a weapon can have a trait that effects all weapons equipped, so when I encountered it, I figured it was the usual UI bug showing wrong information, so I broke down the old gun for some HE materials.

Later on I noticed that I still had the lower DPS, so I was a bit saddened to find that out. I would have just kept the old gun just to utilize it's damage boost, had I known, because I hardly use it really as my Vector is my go to weapon.

Don't trust the UI, always go to the firing range to check your numbers. DPS calculation is iffy anyway, with too much weight on accuracy.

Don't trust the UI, always go to the firing range to check your numbers. DPS calculation is iffy anyway, with too much weight on accuracy.
Well the thing is that my damage was never changing before it, it was always at 190k(every day I logged in, and even after letting the UI get back to normal) for my Vector. Once removing it and deleting the old SA-58, my damage is now stuck at 170k~ even after letting the UI settle itself :lol: I've learned the little quirks around the UI, and I've been able to tell what my true damage is.

I even did a test a few times before deleting it, I would equip and unequip it, and the damage would change back and forth between 170 back to 190k. So it definitely was effecting my DPS. I chalked it down to faulty UI, but now that I've logged on days later, it is still showing the lower DPS that it showed when I initially unequiped it.

I think they may have changed something there recently, I'm noticing the same effect. Also, on the Character tab, it shows weapon damage for your secondary weapon, then all the other stats from the primary. E.g. for me it shows 8900 DMG and 48% crit chance. But my SMG does 12k (and has the 48% crit) and my Tactical ACR does the 8900 (and has less critical chance, because no bonus). This UI is borked beyond belief. Is there maybe an app that allows you to enter your stuff and adds it all up correctly?

I think they may have changed something there recently, I'm noticing the same effect. Also, on the Character tab, it shows weapon damage for your secondary weapon, then all the other stats from the primary. E.g. for me it shows 8900 DMG and 48% crit chance. But my SMG does 12k (and has the 48% crit) and my Tactical ACR does the 8900 (and has less critical chance, because no bonus). This UI is borked beyond belief. Is there maybe an app that allows you to enter your stuff and adds it all up correctly?
I didn't actually get to test it like you suggested so I can't really tell if there was a difference. It's likely that the stats/perks for one gun where accidentally contributing to all weapons according to the UI, but actually not getting the damage in the first place. I'm used to the usual UI bug that comes and goes, but this must be a new one that just sticks as long as you have the weapon equipped :lol:

Anyone here interested in playing The Division regularly on PC?

Was thinking that with the new update coming out on the 24th, farming Dark Zone and Incursion would be beneficial.

I'm curious what the extraction rope cutting will do to the dynamic.. here is why:

Your team is extracting - you have all put your items on the extraction rope and none of you are rogue.
A random player runs up (not rogue) is he going to put his items on the rope or cut the rope and ruin your extraction?
What do you do?

He does not become rogue until after the rope is cut, so if you defend the rope before they cut it, you become rogue.

I hope Massive really thought this through.

A random player taking on a group and ruin their extraction? No chance in hell. He'll have multiple bullseyes on his head the moment he approaches. It's a suicide situation now already. ;)

99% of players won't care about going rogue, they'll happily make the kill and take the loot.

So patch 1.3 and the Underground DLC hit PC and XBox One yesterday. Been enjoying myself with the (semi) randomly generated missions in Underground. Very, very nice addition. The new gear and weapons are also very nice. The weapon/gear balancing is also turning out quite nicely and being able to recalibrate a talent on your weapons is highly valuable. Now that the Aug and M1 have been nerfed, it's actually good fun to run with an AR again. Great update so far. :cheers:

My current build:

27686538760_e345763663_o.png

Is this game still any good if you go solo and don't touch the Dark Zone? I'm a bit interested in the single player aspect...

Is this game still any good if you go solo and don't touch the Dark Zone? I'm a bit interested in the single player aspect...
Yes, especially with the new DLC (which is PVE focused). The Operations (semi-random missions) can be solo-ed, High Value Target dailies can be solo-ed and most of the Hard missions (base content) can be solo-ed. High Risk High Value Target weeklies, challenge mode missions (base content), challenge mode operations and incursions can not be solo-ed (though there are exceptions) and need a group. Heroic mode is going to diffuclt even with a well-geared group. :D But I guess you mostly dislike the PVP, and are not particularly opposed to co-op? The co-op is quite good IMO. DZ is hit/miss in terms of being fun or not.

ATM this game is better than it has ever been in pretty much all ways other than PVP (and that's relative to the player). PVE is in a fun and rewarding place. PVP is a little off because of the issues with specific gear sets being the only obvious options but that's going to be changing quickly as more people find new gear from the expansion.

For the solo player it's a bit more difficult to judge as I'm not sure what kind of goals you have... Just having fun, yeah, that's going to be easy. Finishing true end-game content, not so much. The Heroic level of missions, incursions, and underground ops is really difficult for most players in a group of 4 so solo is pretty much impossible at that level.

That said, I've solo'd some of the other content with no problem (though I am a bit more experienced than the average player just coming back).

As it stands though, I'm really loving the new content. Playing on PC, PM me if you want my Uplay tag.

My current build below. :D The UI is a bit borked though, DPS should be 247k, but somehow sometimes shows as 282, not sure why. I also get a DPS boost from the 3-pieces bonus on FireCrest (reload speed). It's a really handy feature in combat, especially when using an LMG. Furthermore I got the 2-piece bonus from B.L.I.N.D. (+20% critical hit damage). Just need 268 gloves now, all the others are 268 and got 229 weapons. :cheers:

Tom Clancy's The Division™2016-6-30-23-3-58.png

Not a whole lot of love for this game here anymore? :lol:

Anyway, I still play regularly on PC. Here's a vid of me solo-ing a Challenge mode in Underground. Sloppy one, but really happy with this since I still remember getting one-shotted and wiping on the first group of mobs when Underground came out. With 4 people. :lol:

The 1.4 patch really turned this game around. 👍 Enemies are a lot less spongy and the overall overhaul is making a lot of builds possible, not just the meta of the month. :) Even the gold pieces are useful again (compared to the gear set items).

Here's another video of me doing a solo challenge mission in Underground. See the difference in TTK. :lol:

I love it, makes the game more like what I thought it would be in the first place.

Back