Tom Clancy's The Division

Thanks for the tips, guys! And yes, I'm recent 30. Got around 50k in health and ~2200 firearms stat, so I'll just farm the DZ/Hard mode missions until I got me some better stuff. Farming the final mission seems to yield the best results, with two named elites and the end-boss giving three purples/chance on HE.

I think 1-2 more runs of this should give me enough credits for me to just buy a gold weapon from the seller. :D

So be careful - there is a major bug in the game that can lock you out completely. Some people have not been able to play for 12+ days because of this.

It has to do with crafting high end gear at high level (specifically a back pack) when your inventory gets close to full items will disappear. Then if you try to equip other items into those places.. the game either cashes, or after you log out.. then you can never log back in again with that character. What you should do is if you see equipped items disappear is go strait to a stash box and put items in there to clear up space and/or also deconstruct items you do not need. Do Not try and equip different gear.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.ph...44e761b9a5&p=11515989&viewfull=1#post11515989

EDIT - Other info... someone said you can try switching to a different backpack if you have one on you.

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivisio...etting_locked_out_of_their_accounts/?sort=new

Last edited:
Bought the Pakhan yesterday, and modded the rest of my equipment so I get the talents that it has. Very nice LMG, it's now my primary weapon of choice. Seen it crit for 43k damage (with some talents stacked). :D Got a Military SA-85 as secondary, but it has different talent requirements so will be swapping it out for something different later on. Running DZ and hard-mode dailies and missions has been good to me. The final mission at the UN building is one I really like to play; quite short and gives a ton of loot, as well as phoenix credits.

You guys play this game non-stop or what?!?! :bowdown: I am only level 14 after 24 hours of play :embarrassed: and I don't advance that fast. Still going solo and in the middle of the story. The DZ I won't even touch, not my thing. My weapons are in the greenzone with a couple of purple mods. Haven't even discovered the whole city yet because with all those bad guys respawing everywhere I am pretty occupied :crazy:

You guys play this game non-stop or what?!?! :bowdown: I am only level 14 after 24 hours of play :embarrassed: and I don't advance that fast. Still going solo and in the middle of the story. The DZ I won't even touch, not my thing. My weapons are in the greenzone with a couple of purple mods. Haven't even discovered the whole city yet because with all those bad guys respawing everywhere I am pretty occupied :crazy:
Uhhhhhh yeah! I think I'm approaching 5 days played....:nervous:!

Once you reach 30, you will open Daily Missions, they are replays of earlier missions but difficulty is higher, Hard and/or Challenging. Hard is doable solo and a chance for good gear and Phoenix Credits. Challenging, oh boy.......I have only completed challenging once, on Russian Consulate, that was about 3 hours of pure videogame madness, or in other words "Time for another controller".

Not really but they can be a handful, mostly due to those damn shotgunners!!!! Challenging Missions have a guaranteed Gold drop so you can still increase your character build by drops or farming Phoenix credits to buy better gear or blueprints.

The DZ is fun as hell though @doblocruiser I run around there solo about 50% of the time I'm on and rarely have any issues with other players, most randoms I come across help more than harm. Though having a few friends as backup is better, you can still get good drops from named Ai there!

74 hours here. :scared: :lol: DZ is fun, but if it's not your thing I would suggest trying missions you already played on hard mode. You can do those alone or with a group (more enemies). Hard mode will give better drops.

On Normal, no attention to gear or tactics is required. Hardmode you will probably need blues or better, but tactics are still pretty much optional. On Challenge mode, both gear and tactics are mandatory.

On the subject of challenge mode missions I think is just a matter of time before the community learns them and we will be blasting through then like the hard strike playlist on destiny. I have completed a few on matchmaking and it really depends on mainly which mission your doing and the random people your put with. Skill or gear quality isn't the main issue (although the higher the easier obv) its just patience that the majority of people struggle with. If you just take your time and keep distance between you and the AI all should be fine. I find the tunnel mission and Lexington event centre rather simple but they are the ones I've only been able to do so far. The only tough bit on the tunnel is when you have to protect the woman diffusing the bomb. She cant take much damage so put a mobile cover piece in front of her and all should be pretty simple. On the event centre the only difficult but is exiting the lifts on the roof. There isnt much space to work with so you will probably spend a lot of time taking refuge in the lift but use of multiple support stations and a bit of patience is all you need to get past it.

Once some friends get to level 30 I'm sure I'll have a better chance of doing them all, Up until then though a few are out of reach with matchmaking. The Consulate and Industrial Waterplant are near impossible with matchmaking but it may have been the squads I was put with. I'm yet to try any other mission on challenge mode though and I feel a few of them in theory should be quite simple MSG and Hudson refugee camp I feel wont be too bad, Shotgunners dependent ofcourse. I'm really enjoying the game though I find it a lot more rewarding than destiny and I much prefer the setting and universe it delivers. I'll have to post a a pic of my guy. :P

Last edited:
I wouldn't invest too much in gear while you're not yet level 30. Just scrap them for parts (in case you wish to craft) or cash (in case you wish to buy). And you can play as bounty hunter, but I wouldn't solo it.

The DZ is fun, I am trying to be a bounty hunter but its pretty hard with low level gear.
I try to be the good Samaritan as well and help all I can and take out rogues, but you'll run into your fair share of jerks. I was helping someone at an extraction and I happened to go down. They could have easily revived me, but they decided the best route for them was to take me out when I'm down and take my gear. Luckily I didn't have anything that great, so they turned rogue for nothing.

It's really annoying that they don't ask "Are you sure you want to join your friend's group?" or something when you click the button from the map, because every time I try to fast travel the the Base of Operations or a safe house that a friend happens to be at, I accidentally click on the friend instead of fast travelling to where I want to go and it automatically puts me into their session...

So, my character is finally starting to look like something. Darkzone at the higher levels is quite fun. :D Is the HE Body Armor only available through Darkzone? Couldn't find it at the base vendor.

25827440340_e44e438bfb_o.jpg

I don't believe it. Just completed the challenging mode Warrengate daily with matchmaking. I didn't know anyone but I was proud of them when we eventually did it :D

Its intresting to see how over the last week that challenging mode missions seem to be getting easier. I guess the majority people are getting to the top end in health and DPS. Lexington Event Centre and Lincoln Tunnel are by far the easiest out of the 4 due to the lack of shotgunners and that for the most part you have a lot of space to work with.

I've only done Warrengate once but I was lucky that the team I was on were communicating and knew what they were doing, It was close at times though with some close calls and a lot of swearing and frustration. Once we learned to fall back to the big room before the boss it was pretty simple. Still yet to to do Russian Consulate though, I'll wait until its the daily and give it a shot then.

Last edited:
Since my DPS was at 138k I'd figured I'd join a challenge mission too. Previously I got wiped at first try, but when I joined the Lincoln Tunnel mission it was actually hard, but doable. Which means I ended up with a nice stash of phoenix credits and an extra HE gear piece. Which again increased my DPS, so then I felt confident in taking on some other challenges as well. Once the ball gets rolling, it becomes easier automatically. Got a full HE gear set now, just needs the mods slots to be filled with gold instead of purples too. :D In terms of DPS/Stamina/Skill I didn't gain too much in theory, but the talents more than make up for that.

Since my DPS was at 138k I'd figured I'd join a challenge mission too. Previously I got wiped at first try, but when I joined the Lincoln Tunnel mission it was actually hard, but doable. Which means I ended up with a nice stash of phoenix credits and an extra HE gear piece. Which again increased my DPS, so then I felt confident in taking on some other challenges as well. Once the ball gets rolling, it becomes easier automatically. Got a full HE gear set now, just needs the mods slots to be filled with gold instead of purples too. :D In terms of DPS/Stamina/Skill I didn't gain too much in theory, but the talents more than make up for that.

I'm just missing HE gloves now. Unless I get some from a challenging drop there's a lot of grinding in the darkzone to be able to get some HE gloves blueprints, Hopefully the special gear vendor will sell some on the next restock. Mostly I use my BM AK-74 and M1A marksman rifle for challenging missions and switch the M1A for a vector when it gets up close. The extra armor destruction perk on the AK and Vector is a godsend :)

I've hit level 18 and slowly advancing through the single player (missions). I got my first purple arm after clearing the the apartment medical mission. Beautiful fire scenes :bowdown:

I hope I will have finished the game (SP) at the end of the month but probably it will take me a bit longer :embarrassed:

After people being locked out and now this, I doubt many of these people will buy another game from Massive or Ubisoft.
That's to assume that the majority of the games in the past didn't have problems :lol: They don't exactly have the best track record.

I was playing a good amount last night, hopefully it's still there when I get on today.

I can imagine when you are a very active online player this issue is really annoying. As said I play solely the missions (still need to try dz) and I want to finish it. This game already took many spare hours and as a casual player I find it hugely enjoyable. Got me excited for Wildlands as well :)

Damn, when the update dropped beating Challenge Bosses gave you 4 HE items, but of course they patched it to 1 hours later. Meanwhile people are still having their characters wiped! Can't have anyone earning too much loot!

Got 180+ hours in it so far, and I have to say it's pretty solid on my end. Yes, there have been a few bugs/crashes here and there and the balancing is not really great right now, but it's getting there.

I'm not liking what they did to the crafting table. It just takes so much damn resources now, its ridiculous. It doesn't help that 99% of the time the items end up as crap. I guess the plus side is that we'll be getting so much high-end equipment from named enemies and DZ chests that it should balance out, but as it sits, at least 50% of my findings have been advanced performance mods of some kind, so the balancing isn't really happening for me.

I'm not liking what they did to the crafting table. It just takes so much damn resources now, its ridiculous. It doesn't help that 99% of the time the items end up as crap. I guess the plus side is that we'll be getting so much high-end equipment from named enemies and DZ chests that it should balance out, but as it sits, at least 50% of my findings have been advanced performance mods of some kind, so the balancing isn't really happening for me.

I am sure it will.. I had a lucky past few sessions got some good yellow gear drops and on a first try Crafted some pretty nice gloves. Only high end weapon drop for me so far was a side arm, but considering I have not played all that much since the update it is pretty promising.

Latest Posts

Back