Toyota FT1 Vision Gran Turismo - September. Teaser Movie Released.

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 308 comments
hsv
Whilst it's lazy, I couldn't think of a more awesome car to come up with.
Hybrid Street Concept Car that's really fast and unique, not based off of anything else in the index. Similar to the DP-100, Nissan 2020, Mercedes VGT.

Hey guys, we forgot to build our VGT car for Gran Turismo, what do we do now? Oh wait, we can build it off of the other car we gave them a few months back, what was it? The FT-1? Oh right the FT-1, let's do this.

*And much rejoicing was had.

Somehow, I doubt this was last minute.

g5hzyWl.jpg

I would even say this was planned.

hsv
But GT500.
But They can add one to the normal dealership, like they did with the Corvette Concept and the FT-1 itself. And focus on designing a unique concept car not based off of the car shown at NAIAS.

Somehow, I doubt this was last minute.

g5hzyWl.jpg

I would even say this was planned.
Yes, but it still seems like a lazy job to me. I'll still accept it though.

Nice. I'm looking forward to firing this monster about the place. Racecars with exposed carbon fibre bodies look so amazing too.

Let's hope that is the engine sound. Positive mental attitude people!

A racing car that doesn't fit into any regulations seems pretty useless to me.

Yeah, not like you could go drive it on a track, or race it against other cars, or take cool photos of it.
Could you point me to the section of Gran Turismo that gives you the option to participate in or re-create the real-world regulations that this car supposedly wouldn't fit into? Oh, wait.............

Edit: Now, had you said that you personally have no use for this car, I wouldn't be on your case. But making a blanket statement declaring the car to be useless because it doesn't meet your arbitrary criteria for being "of use" doesn't add anything worthwhile to the conversation.

Last edited:
Since when were the FXX and the Zonda R race cars?

Since both of them clearly adhere to this definition:

an automobile built or modified for racing.

And the last I checked, That essentially includes Cars like the Ferrari FXX and Pagani Zonda R along with all the current race cars built to regulations, which are also NOT road legal.

Since both of them clearly adhere to this definition:

And the last I checked, That essentially includes Cars like the Ferrari FXX and Pagani Zonda R along with all the current race cars built to regulations, which are also NOT road legal.
Zonda R wasn't, it was built as nothing but a thing, and the FXX was built as a private toy which then happened to a race series. So no; the definition fits neither.

I would classify the Zonda R and the FXX as track day cars. Very expensive ones but they are on par with the Rocket, Caterham, X-Bow and the Ariel Atom except the fact that those 4 are road legal and the Zonda R and the FXX are not.

I would classify the Zonda R and the FXX as track day cars. Very expensive ones but they are on par with the Rocket, Caterham, X-Bow and the Ariel Atom except the fact that those 5 are road legal and the Zonda R and the FXX are not.

Which is why I say despite that they don't race in any series, they are fully built racing cars. Trackday cars still have license plates.

KTM X-Bow:
2011-ktm-x-bow-r-01.jpg

Caterham 7:

Large%20Image%20(optional).jpg

BAC Mono:

bac-mono-25.JPG

And keep in mind those who "bought" an FXX can't even use it unless they are at a track, in which then Ferrari brings it. And really apart from Pagani, who actually owns a Zonda R?

So it's a racing car, because it's not built for racing and can't? Okay then...

And the addition of a license plate means nothing. If it was built to go round a track and not race, it's a track car, and if it was built to go round a track racing with other cars it's a race car. :rolleyes:

hsv
So it's a racing car, because it's not built for racing and can't? Okay then...

And the addition of a license plate means nothing. If it was built to go round a track and not race, it's a track car, and if it was built to go round a track racing with other cars it's a race car. :rolleyes:

I don't get why you're so annoyed. Maybe that definition I posted wasn't the right way to illustrate my point, but I'm just saying they are full blown race cars. I used the license plates because the track day cars I posted are road legal, something both the Ferrari and Pagani aren't.

Except the license plate means being road legal (which both the Pagani and Ferrari aren't). Maybe that definition I put was wrong thing to use, but they are full blown racing cars.
How the hell can you not grasp this? If they weren't made to race and don't, how are they racing cars? They do no racing. The FXX spawned a series with special cars, that's our exception. And what's the nonsense with license plates? They make no difference as to whether it was designed to go round a track or not.

Maybe a better comparison would be the Lotus Type 125. Not a race car, but it's definitely a track car.

hsv
How the hell can you not grasp this? If they weren't made to race and don't, how are they racing cars? They do no racing. The FXX spawned a series with special cars, that's our exception. And what's the nonsense with license plates? They make no difference as to whether it was designed to go round a track or not.

Actually they do, as you cannot drive a road legal car without a license plate.

Maybe a better comparison would be the Lotus Type 125
This is what I had in mind. That car was built solely to complete track laps, and never race (and it never will) - so it's a track car.
Still has nothing to do with whether it was designed for being a track toy or racing other cars.

hsv

Because:

the track day cars I posted are road legal, something both the Ferrari and Pagani aren't.

And also

My point is that they are built as 100% full out racing machines with no regulations on the road in mind regardless whether they participate in a series or not. I understand they don't race in a series (therefore the definition I used was a poor choice), I'm saying they essentially still are racing cars in the way they function and are built. Don't take as me trying to argue with you as that wasn't my intention, I was making a point about to real life Race cars that don't race in any series.

Getting back on topic, ever thought of the possibility that the FT-1 VGT could have been designed to compete in a single-make racing series, thus making it a legitimate race car by some of your definitions? 💡

My point is that they are built as 100% full out racing machines with no regulations on the road in mind regardless whether they participate in a series or not. I understand they don't race in a series (therefore the definition I used was a poor choice), I'm saying they essentially still are racing cars in the way they function and are built.
So they act like racing cars, but aren't? Gotcha 👍

Getting back on topic, ever thought of the possibility that the FT-1 VGT could have been designed to compete in a single-make racing series, thus making it a legitimate race car by some of your definitions? 💡
It is very GT500-y.

Back