Toyota FT1 Vision Gran Turismo - September. Teaser Movie Released.

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 308 comments
Well, there's no confirmation that this isn't just a track car yet.

house-gif.gif

Let's wait and see

They are track cars, and track cars only. They are made for the track.

They are not race cars. They are not made for a racing series.

Track =/= race

But even then, it is not completely useless. If the FT-1 VGT was a real car, it could be used for research and development purposes, like the FXX (and P1 GTR in the future)

Last edited:
hmmm a VGT car that actually seems interesting to me...It looks like a pure racing machine. Can't wait to take it out and blast a few laps around Spa

Didn't WhistleSnap (who has access to the game-code) say the Alfa Romeo VGT is already in the game code?

There was talk of 2 others and yes one was the Alfa...I forget the other

OKAY:

From the pics, the DTM/SGT swan neck rear wing reaches the edge of the body, which means it is the updated GT500 regulations spec aero kit. But has thicker/more sculpted endplates.

Please just have an interior.

I am very interested in this car, honestly it looks much more like a GTE spec car than SuperGT.

Goddammit Toyota, you've done it again! This car looks amazing, and if it's half as good as the FT-1 is, I can't wait to drive that.

I wonder what Toyota's real VGT car's gonna be like...

Also important to note:

Two fixed brackets sitting flush with the main plane, so no DRS as per DTM/SGT regs.

hsv
Also important to note:

Two fixed brackets sitting flush with the main plane, so no DRS as per DTM/SGT regs.
Does DTM/Super GT have DRS or not (sorry, I'm an idiot)?

A racing version of a concept car we already have in the game?

Lame.gif

I thought that the VGT project was for car makers to give us concepts with an original design, not something based on an existing car with big wings and arches.

Thank you for this .gif

A racing version of a concept car we already have in the game?

Lame.gif

I thought that the VGT project was for car makers to give us concepts with an original design, not something based on an existing car with big wings and arches.

I see you already forgot about the Mercedes VGT Racing series, Mitsubishi XR-Phev and the BMW VGT. You sure didn't seem to have a problem with those three despite them being based on previously existing cars.

Hey guys, we forgot to build our VGT car for Gran Turismo, what do we do now? Oh wait, we can build it off of the other car we gave them a few months back, what was it? The FT-1? Oh right the FT-1, let's do this.

*And much rejoicing was had.

Whilst it's lazy, I couldn't think of a more awesome car to come up with.

Back