Toyota FT1 Vision Gran Turismo - September. Teaser Movie Released.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 308 comments
  • 34,305 views
That looks sweet. Pictures and specially GT6 don't do the FT-1 justice, it is a fantastic looking car. I wasn't sure about the styling until I saw it in person at the NY Auto Show. It's mouth watering. :drool:
 
For comparison, this is the leaked pitcure from the another thread.
attachment.php
Thats just the same FT-1 with a bodykit and wing. The vision ft-1 has reworked body panels that appear wider, have louver panels on top of the front fenders, also has a huge front splitter thats a lot different, an exhaust located above the rear diffuser, a totally different rear wing etc. The picture above seems like some bodykit options we should have in 'gt auto'.
 
There's the possibility that its some of the first initial sketches of the VGT car. Obviously, they don't always turn out how the initial sketches were at first.
 
My point is its not the same car. Dont care if its a drawing or actual model, nothing wrong with that. But it looks way different. Sort of like how people in the other FT-1 thread call it a "Nurburgring Edition". I think that seems closer especially with the Nurburgring to the left of it in the picture :lol: Getting both would be great.
 
I wasn't disputing that it looks different, again the cars don't always turn out as initially sketched (some for the better and some for the worse). I'm just offering up a possible theory of what that sketch is and given how it was seen way before this VGt was revealed, that it quite possibly could have started from that sketch.
 
If this gets released on my birthday...! :O
 
I find it funny when a new VGT is announced and people start hating on PD when the car is designed by the manufacturer with no influence from PD.

PD just models the car and puts it in the game.
 
Oh, it better come in something close to a castrol livery. Or else. :p
 
Or matte-ish black, which I suspect that's what it is in the trailer.
 
I wasn't disputing that it looks different, again the cars don't always turn out as initially sketched (some for the better and some for the worse). I'm just offering up a possible theory of what that sketch is and given how it was seen way before this VGt was revealed, that it quite possibly could have started from that sketch.
Your point is noted. Im saying thats probably just a body kitted ft-1 while this is entirely different. I dont think thats even a sketch, looks like an actual in game model of a modified ft-1. This vision ft-1 of course is based off the original ft, but looks like a total redo vs that picture. It really doesnt matter either way. I would like to have both.
 
and honestly, this one looks so amazing, please PoDi give us this livery :drool:
Unfortunately the TOM's RC F GT500's are KeePer and Petronas badged. So not likely youll get castrol.
 
I find it funny when a new VGT is announced and people start hating on PD when the car is designed by the manufacturer with no influence from PD.

PD just models the car and puts it in the game.
Yeah. I send my hate to Toyota though.
 
No wonder why the FT-1 looks like the Toyota VGT teaser image!!!!
 
Unfortunately the TOM's RC F GT500's are KeePer and Petronas badged. So not likely youll get castrol.
And DENSO Kobelco, Eneos, ZENT and WedsSport. Any would be nice (not going to happen though).
 
I find it funny when a new VGT is announced and people start hating on PD when the car is designed by the manufacturer with no influence from PD.

PD just models the car and puts it in the game.
You mean like how the Aston Martin had a fully designed interior that isn't in the game? There are definitely reasons to "hate" on PD.
 
Last edited:
You mean like how the Aston Martin had a fully designed interior that isn't in the game? There are definitely reasons to hate on PD.
There are never reasons to "hate on" anything. Constructive, valid criticism yes; mindless hating? No.
 
The Toyota FT-1 Vision GT is like the works-converted version of the FT-1, and I hope it makes 600-800HP if that's the case. I hope this one is tuneable, with the ability to buy engine and weight upgrades, because all the other Vision GT's can't have that.
 
Last edited:
hsv
There are never reasons to "hate on" anything. Constructive, valid criticism yes; mindless hating? No.
Maybe hating is the wrong word here, I just used Azure's choice of words. But my point still stands, it is not 100% down to the manufacturer, PD also plays a large role in the VGTs.
 
I find it funny when a new VGT is announced and people start hating on PD when the car is designed by the manufacturer with no influence from PD.

PD just models the car and puts it in the game.
Where are people "hating" on PD? I just see a shedload of crap directed at Toyota.

Anyone who uses "hate", "hater", or "hating" in a sentence is a child.
 
If this is simply a racing specification FT1 and not a Super GT homologated model (as it may appear to be) then it's practically useless, I'm sorry to say...

As all VGT cars are. But hopefully iy will be fun to drive.
 
I find it funny when a new VGT is announced and people start hating on PD when the car is designed by the manufacturer with no influence from PD.

PD just models the car and puts it in the game.
Toyota's design choices have nothing to do with PD, they just get a guy to build the model for the game.
 
I feel like automotive news organizations are even more excited about these cars than we are. I love the new cars, but every time one comes out, Car&Driver, Road&Track, Motor Trend, and other sites are posting them all over facebook like they are flagship concept cars at Geneva.
 
I feel like automotive news organizations are even more excited about these cars than we are. I love the new cars, but every time one comes out, Car&Driver, Road&Track, Motor Trend, and other sites are posting them all over facebook like they are flagship concept cars at Geneva.

They do it for the same reason these youtube game channels that are smaller then Gamespot and IGN spam post the hell out of a recent trailer: View count.
 
Back