Toyota GR Supra Nurburgring Livery Gr.4 Now Available in GT Sport

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPorsche, Dec 16, 2019.

1. breeminator

breeminator

What BB were you using? With tyre wear on, it was a bit of a battle with front tyre wear. To save the front tyres, I moved BB to the rear a little, but then it was tending to slide the back end while trail braking. Perhaps I just have a strong preference for MR cars now, after one season with Honda and another with Citroen.

2. tankuroded

tankuroded

Doesn't the decision to make the car exclusive to survey fillers (for now) break Manufacturer's Cup? Unless, they change their minds and release it for everyone else.

Calmlity likes this.
  3. silverman_GT

silverman_GT

Considering that this car won't appear on the Brand Central and the fact that all Manufacturer Cup participants are locked to one specific "Borrowed Car" per category, I doubt the Supra will appear on the Gr.4 Manufacturer Cup races.

On the other hand, it *might* send the Gr.4 Nations Cup races off balance, but I could be wrong.

dimassa19 likes this.
  4. Kuraudo

Kuraudo

Still ugly.

5. theschledy

theschledy

Glad that it's finally here. But also weird that they picked this week to do 2 dailies featuring N series cars, seems like a missed opportunity there.
    I wonder if you can even choose it if you select Toyota? It's not in Brand central, so my guess is it would be selectable once a universal version of the car is available.

TurboPriest likes this.
  6. breeminator

breeminator

You can't use it for manufacturers, but you can use it for daily races and nations. Time will tell if it turns out to be OP for some particular race. From my testing, it stands most chance for races with 2x or lower fuel use, or where fuel use at 3x or higher isn't a problem, e.g. shorter races. It's nothing special for speed at the end of the long straight on Monza No Chicane, probably most chance of doing well on more handling oriented tracks. Tyre wear seems pretty average, so again it might do better for daily races that have no tyre wear, or nations races where tyre wear isn't much of a factor.

7. Stephan

Stephan Premium

Car is not available for use in the Manufacturer Series (it's not even available as a choice for Gr.4 when choosing Toyota as a manufacturer) so I wouldn't really worry about it appearing in there but as someone mentioned, this can create issues for Gr.4 Nations and daily races.

TurboPriest likes this.
  8. tankuroded

tankuroded

"Breaking" the manufacturer's cup as in it excludes a Gr.4 car from being eligible for Manufacturer's Cup (remember, when you sign up with a manufacturer, you can select your car if they offer multiple cars).

9. theschledy

theschledy

It wouldn't be the first time. Bugatti is no longer part of the Manu series, but the Gr.3 & Gr.4 cars are still available in the game.

Once the car is universally available, it should make an appearance in Manu. With Toyota being an official sponsor, I doubt they'd want to exclude it.

TurboPriest and silverman_GT like this.
  10. LeytonHouseF1

LeytonHouseF1 Premium

Bugatti never had a Gr.3 so it never was in Manu.

11. tankuroded

tankuroded

Except Bugatti was never part of Manufacturer's series because they never had a Gr.3 car to begin with.
    EDIT: Tree'd.

12. AKps3

AKps3

Ho Ho Ho:cool:

13. theschledy

theschledy

I thought it was, but the only reference I found to it was here https://ca.ign.com/wikis/gran-turismo-sport/Gr_3.

But in any event that just more aligns with what I'm saying, It's not the first Gr.4 car to be excluded from the series.

14. LR-MR-Cole

LR-MR-Cole (Banned)

A road car interior? Lazy lazy PD. Maybe they should stick to police cars.

GTFan24, VXR, Clean Racer and 7 others like this.
  15. Trone_Colby

Trone_Colby

Has anyone actually tested it out to see if its not available for Manu? I’m with Toyota and I can’t test it until this season ends.

16. Skygrasper550

Skygrasper550 Premium

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/news/00_5654479.html

"Please note that while it is possible to ‘sell’ this car in-game, it will not be possible to reacquire it should you do so."

LOL really? One of their many programmers couldn't be bothered to disable the Sell button for this car? Or at least put a prompt that says the car can't be sold? Unbelievable.

17. Pururut

Pururut

I am curious. People who didnt completed the survey wont able to get the car?

18. FoRiZon

FoRiZon

Likely be available to purchase on next update.

19. dimassa19

dimassa19

It's not a good thing to complain about Christmas gifts... ;)

20. theschledy

theschledy

The bigger question would be why anyone would want to sell this car? Basically all they're saying is "here's a free, limited edition car, don't get rid of it".

Unless there's other cars that can't be 'sold' in this game, it doesn't make sense to add the code for this one car. More code, more problems.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
    sirjim73, Nuschel01 and silverman_GT like this.
  21. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

Ever think they're doing that on purpose? Or do we need something else to complain about?

IngRobNy, JEverettL and theschledy like this.
  22. LeytonHouseF1

LeytonHouseF1 Premium

So it can only be used in the Nations Cup not in the Manufacturers Series. And obviously in Sport Mode and everything else. The 86 era hasn’t ended. At least, not until it becomes less exclusive.

23. Skygrasper550

Skygrasper550 Premium

I'm quite sure that's easy to pull off. Instead of the game pulling out the Gr.4 Supra's price tag when you hit the Sell button, it pulls out a message instead. That functionality wouldn't take a day to implement and a week to polish, and the numerous translations wouldn't take a month to do so.

I just don't want to see someone clamoring that they accidentally/"accidentally" sold the limited edition car for whatever reason. We already have endless complaints for the game, and this potential Murphy's law example won't help.

24. zzz_pt

zzz_pt

Is this really exclusive to who participated in the survey? What a bummer. I want this car but I'm not able to play GT atm.

Well, I hope the car gets included in a DLC soon.

25. TurboPriest

TurboPriest

Wel I have mine, got it around 2am. Only thing is I'm seing reviews about the "player split" vehicle and rumours of no one will have it but, clearly they're not reading properly.
    Eh hmm, Its going to come as 1 to buy. Thank u. Lol

26. MisterWaffles

MisterWaffles Premium

I missed out on pretty much every special edition or exclusive car during the PS3 era of Gran Turismo, so in a way it feels nice to finally be able to flex in some lobbies with my road Supra that’s disguised as a race car. I specifically remember wanting that Edge Camaro so bad back in GT5.

Pure speculation, but I bet PD will release the actual Supra GT4, complete with roll cage, by the next FIA season.

TurboPriest likes this.
  27. Betty blue

Betty blue

So if someone didn't do that survey for some reason he isn't ever going to get the Supra Gr4?

Nuschel01 likes this.
  28. Nuschel01

Nuschel01

At least not this particular one

29. Calmlity

Calmlity

I don't like this. All cars must be available for everyone.

Boxout and bigluke791 like this.
  30. theschledy

theschledy

You're assuming a lot here. But even if that is the case, is it worth doing it for 1 car? Selling a car accidentally seems like a pretty hard thing to do.