Turbo's Realistic Courses Thread | New Track 7/24

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 117 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice looking tracks, I see you go for flatter tracks. I use a lot of camber in my turns for high powered race cars, challenging people to take them in a gear higher than suggested. I am willing to share all my tracks. just add me- psn is the same as my sn- freshseth83

if this outage of PSN is up in the next day or so, I'd love to drive your tracks, and see how you feel about some of mine.

Nice looking tracks, I see you go for flatter tracks. I use a lot of camber in my turns for high powered race cars, challenging people to take them in a gear higher than suggested...

I do like the flatter tracks as they seem more realistic to me. I don't mind hills, but the way the game places the track over them most of the time makes them un-driveable. I do have another track that I haven't posted video of that has a Laguna Seca Cork-Screw like turn that is pretty fun.

The last 1 you put up is more like the ones I create. The biggest difference is track width. I make mine wide for races with different lines and approaches for turns. If I can make a video, I will show you. I specifically make it for LMP cars or SuperGT or GT1/2 type.

I hardly ever drive those kinds of cars, so the width will vary depending on the track. I'll usually vary the width from track to track so they don't all feel the same. Plus tighter tracks promote slower speeds, and since most of my tracks are relatively high speed, it's nice to have one that takes a little more patience.

I would totally race that track! When we get PSN back you should share it 👍

I make deceiving tracks, you think they're flat out, but there's decreasing radius turns in most of them, so you may enter fast, but you'll either have to brake half way through or coast. I'll try to put videos up if I can. I have about 15 or so tracks. I spent some time making them as well. I never just leave things randomly, I always try to customize it as much as possible.

I never just leave things randomly, I always try to customize it as much as possible.

Oh I'm the same way, you're not going to find any of my tracks by just hitting the the next button.

Would love to see your tracks. Maybe make your own thread?

I hardly ever drive those kinds of cars, so the width will vary depending on the track. I'll usually vary the width from track to track so they don't all feel the same. Plus tighter tracks promote slower speeds, and since most of my tracks are relatively high speed, it's nice to have one that takes a little more patience.

As I've previously stated I like a wider track (but not wider than 3, usually 2) because that allows passing at any point. I also find that a wider track makes the "perfect" line less obvious. Narrow tracks limit your lines (but braking points and corner speeds are very critical) while a wider track allows many possible lines. Finding the best line through each section adds it's own challenge. I love the feeling of hugging the side of the track as I approach a turn, diving down to the apex, and sweeping back out to the edge as I exit full throttle.

A wider track may be more forgiving of mistakes as far as staying on pavement, but a mistake will still blow your lap.

The main reason I like narrow tracks is that it tightens them up and makes you go slower. Most tracks generated from the game don't have really tight enough corners. Narrow tracks force you to slow down a bit more.

I used to use a width of 2-3 for all sections of a track, since I like to use my tracks with friends/online. Now I've changed it up some and use narrower track (no less than -1 though) for the tight sections, since it allows me to make those sections slower, and give me more variation in cornering speeds. All 70-80 mph turns are boring.

You can add my GTP PSN account.

Gilles Villeneuve Circuit would be an awesome track to have if PD would add some new Nascars to make it realistic. Infineon or even a new oval track would be very interesting. I think Pd should try and add some new terrains to the track editor too, to give it more choice and all, along with making it more advanced.

Sorry, forgot about this. :D

I'll get the video up tonight. And it is a Kart track, but I built it for cars. It could certainly work good for Karts though...

I just saw this, sorry. I still have the request but haven't accepted it because I didn't know who you were or why you were sending it. Now I know. :dopey:

great thank you so much

if you still are friens with GTP_Senninha you can just delete it cause it was me before my ps3 died:)

Haven't been able to get a video up of the Kart track, but I have it shared right now so those on my friends list can download it.

New track! WITH video! :D

Just created this one yesterday. Fairly high speed, but still technical enough to offer a challenge. Below you'll find the track map I created along with a demo video. If you would like to have this track, just send me a friend request. Please make sure to tell me why you are sending the friend request, because if the message is blank and I do not recognize the name, I won't accept the request.

I named is BurgenstraBe (pronounced Burgenstrasse) which is German for "Castle Road". I picked this name because the Eifel Castle is up on the hill outside turn 1.

burgenstrabe_map.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back