Update 1.32 (January Update) speculation thread - update released!

• Thread starter Envoxeb
  • 1,675 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a bad feeling that PD is gonna jinx the track selection for this update. Dunno why, i just feel that it's gonna be something no one is gonna want/expect

This is kind of why I suspect that it's going to be Twin Ring Motegi. There are a lot of tracks I'd rather have, but TRM seems more realistic since (1) it's a real circuit and (2) it has different variations.

Last edited:
If the new season of gt sports championship is coming I expect more than cars+track, really hope we’ll se a 2.0 version of the game...

That's what im waiting on as well man. The game needs new life. It's so many things i want to return and some things i would want to see that's never been in a gran turismo game before like muticlass racing for example. It desperately needs it. Even though i can't complain about getting 8-10 free cars and a track every month i do want them to really start adding things into this game. It's been kinda copy and paste with every update just about. How about adding in rain, bringing back shuffle racing, and giving us more wheel options to play around with so we can have that feel that the players are looking for when they race...? It's gonna be disappointing if we gotta wait until the next gt game to get that stuff because gt obviously isn't a game that comes out on a yearly basis (which i wish sports titles can start doing btw).

That's what im waiting on as well man. The game needs new life. It's so many things i want to return and some things i would want to see that's never been in a gran turismo game before like muticlass racing for example. It desperately needs it. Even though i can't complain about getting 8-10 free cars and a track every month i do want them to really start adding things into this game. It's been kinda copy and paste with every update just about. How about adding in rain, bringing back shuffle racing, and giving us more wheel options to play around with so we can have that feel that the players are looking for when they race...? It's gonna be disappointing if we gotta wait until the next gt game to get that stuff because gt obviously isn't a game that comes out on a yearly basis (which i wish sports titles can start doing btw).
New Sport titles every year??? What are you, a sleeper agent sent here by EA to put subliminals in people’s heads??? Next you’ll be asking for progression related items to be locked behind Wilson style Loot Boxes :lol:

I definitely would support a yearly update to the car roster, to add new street cars and race cars for that year to keep GT3 and GT4 grids accurate....but there doesn’t need to be a new game every year.

In the case of GT, the only time there needs to be a new game is if PD has some significant improvements that can be made to the physics engine (and the leap from GT5 to GT6 was not enough to warrant a new game imo).

Aside from physics though, anything new can be added with patches and updates.

I agree with you, a start for PD would be updating their gr3 and gr4 classes, then maybe releasing NEW road cars to the series(gt5/6 returnees are becoming blander by the update), sometimes I feel GTSport is becoming GT6(4k) 2KUpscaled :lol:.

I think the idea of a 2.0 is nonsense. That is the sugar coated opinion. Fixing some bugs and adding needed content are not worth a 2.0 because of a couple reasons. The first is the foundation of an amazing game is already there, sure a tweak here and there would be nice, but that’s what they’ve been doing all along, adding fair content per month and fixing some bugs along the way. No need to tack a 2.0 onto that. A 2.0, to me, someone who’s job is to lead software deployments, is a considerable rework or major evolution. Neither of these things is necessary or indicated by the short history of this game or it’s predecessors. If they did put a 2.0 on the type of progress they’re already providing it’d be a gross cash grab of the type we see from other publishers. This sort of desire is slightly less silly than those posts of people holding their breath for GT 7 to be out before 2022. At best.

Sorry about the terrible formatting. My cursor disappeared.

I think the idea of a 2.0 is nonsense. That is the sugar coated opinion. Fixing some bugs and adding needed content are not worth a 2.0 because of a couple reasons. The first the foundation of an amazing game is there, sure a tweak here and there would be nice, but what they’ve been doing this all along is adding fair content per month and fixing some bugs along the way. A 2.0, to me, some who’s job is to lead software deployments, is a considerable rework or major evolution. Neither of these things is necessary or indicated by short history of this game being out. If they did put a 2.0 on the type of progress they’re already providing it’d be a gross cash grab of the type we see from other publishers. This sort of desire is slightly less silly than those posts of people holding their breath for GT 7 to be out before 2022. At best.

GT7 or rumored as "GT World", "GT World Tour", or "GT World Series" base case scenario to be a PS5 game released in the early 2020's.

New Sport titles every year??? What are you, a sleeper agent sent here by EA to put subliminals in people’s heads??? Next you’ll be asking for progression related items to be locked behind Wilson style Loot Boxes :lol:

I definitely would support a yearly update to the car roster, to add new street cars and race cars for that year to keep GT3 and GT4 grids accurate....but there doesn’t need to be a new game every year.

In the case of GT, the only time there needs to be a new game is if PD has some significant improvements that can be made to the physics engine (and the leap from GT5 to GT6 was not enough to warrant a new game imo).

Aside from physics though, anything new can be added with patches and updates.
What do you mean by this? If the game could have back the time and weather settings, along with some new exciting features in new update, then without a doubt, that would be intriguing. But PD doesn't seem to be mindful yet of that at all.

The only things we seem to be getting until now are just free tracks and cars, along with some new features for online and optimization, too. Aside from that, nothing else seems more special about it, which is why some people here feel disappointed. Just an opinion though.

No need to tack a 2.0 onto that. A 2.0, to me, someone who’s job is to lead software deployments, is a considerable rework or major evolution. Neither of these things is necessary or indicated by the short history of this game or it’s predecessors.

Not sure of the current install size vs launch, but with regular content updates, I think one shouldn't dismiss that a spec 2.0 simply offers people the ability to buy the (much expanded) game now, with content on the Disc, rather than the HDD.

Not sure of the current install size vs launch, but with regular content updates, I think one shouldn't dismiss that a spec 2.0 simply offers people the ability to buy the (much expanded) game now, with content on the Disc, rather than the HDD.

Discs can only hold so much, so in that case, you'd likely have a 2 disc box, with one being an active play disc (plus some other data to be installed), and a 2nd disc purely being for remaining installation content. Hence it would be barely different than having to digitally download the updates.

Plus that idea would also only really work once there is no more content or updates, or else it is fruitless.

Everytime it's brought up as not being destroyed I always think, "didn't they create the Isuzu 4200R from pictures alone?" My poor searching skills don't yield any results but I doubt it'd be impossible to recreate a no longer existing car.
Yeah, didn't PD get documents for the 4200R?

I'm sure it could come back, but it would take a lot more effort on the part of PD to recreate a car that doesn't exist anymore. It was in the franchise up until GT6 so that helps too.

If the Fisker Karma is added to GTS, would it be in Gr.X or the N Classes. Yes it’s electric but it has a separate ICE. When the batteries are fully charged, the ICE is off but when the batteries are almost dead, the ICE kicks in and it starts recharging and powering the batteries/electric motor. The ICE doesn’t send power to the wheels. If the Karma runs out of charge and fuel it’ll act like a normal ICE car. Hmmm

If the Fisker Karma is added to GTS, would it be in Gr.X or the N Classes. Yes it’s electric but it has a separate ICE. When the batteries are fully charged, the ICE is off but when the batteries are almost dead, the ICE kicks in and it starts recharging and powering the batteries/electric motor. The ICE doesn’t send power to the wheels. If the Karma runs out of charge and fuel it’ll act like a normal ICE car. Hmmm
Its complicated but it more or less drives like an electric, so straight to Gr.X it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back