VW GOLF Vision GT

• Thread starter monildan
  • 789 comments
May is turning into the best month for GT. The VisionGTI could be a RWD 500BHP monster!

Let's hope the Vision Gran Turismo floodgates have been opened.
Well the Mitsubish VGT (while not official) has been uncovered in the game code. Now we're having the VW VGT coming this month, and we already got the BMW VGT out of the blue. Three VGT in one month? Let's hope this trend continues! :D

That video was just painful.... "Which GTi should I use to beat you next?", given the selection of GTi's in the game :lol:

Interesting to see though, good news they're finally gettnig things rolling :D

What did the boss say in the video, "you two goof offs forget about the Gran Turismo Vision car we promised for Sony?"....No!.... "Well then get on with it!....
The better question would have been "You two goofs think that Sony forgot about the car we promised to them?" :D

I hope there are more VGT's to come shortly.

What did the boss say in the video, "you two goof offs forget about the Gran Turismo Vision car we promised for Sony?"....No!.... "Well then get on with it!....

This is the conversation:

"Guys, I've got an idea - how about you build yourself a new one?"
-
"Ehm, for Gran Turismo?"
-
"Yes, or do you want me to decline Sony['s request]?"
-
"No"
-
"Well, go ahead, then."

What I actually find most surprising is that they used the actual ingame car sounds for this video.
Considering how much they differ from the actual cars, in a rather bad way...

took some screencaps as well

Slightly wilder sketches look like an already shown concept. Similar wheels, similar side profiling, similar side indicator placement.

volkswagen-design-vision-gti-racing-concept_100426730_l.jpg

Similar-ish sketches?

28939.jpg

But the CAD shows a slightly different design from the shown concept, now comes with wing. Maybe it will be a racing-er version of the Concept?

2zznkfc.jpg

not a concept anymore. it's the Golf R 400,so I doubt it that. how ever wouldn't mind seeing a racing version of the R400.....

as a VW owner I would be ecstatic for another VW to add to my collection..

What I actually find most surprising is that they used the actual ingame car sounds for this video.
Considering how much they differ from the actual cars, in a rather bad way...
And standards no?

'May' day, 'May' day, PD are on a roll this month. :dopey:
No offense, but delivering on content you promised 6 months ago is not "on a roll", it's what you're expected to do. When they start delivering content they promised on a regular basis and major, useful stuff that we don't expect, then you can reasonably say they are on a roll.

Looks radical! 👍 Not sure why people are praising PD though :confused: It's the manufacturers creating and releasing this cars not PD. PD just takes the 3D model, maybe make some minor tweaks and add it to the game without interior.

I mean sure - it was Kaz's idea but that's about it. You guys are wording it as if PD did some "push" or started to work to release this cars.

I want this cars with interiors along sound and AI fixed otherwise all additional content lasts the TTs I need to unlock it.

"This pasta have no meatballs"

*adds more pasta*

When PD say "have fun with this car" I ask how ? Where ? In career ? In Arcade ? Surely not. Just doing never ending hot laps ? With this sound even hot lapping is limited fun and there only 10 slots for recording the times.

Looks radical! 👍 Not sure why people are praising PD though :confused: It's the manufacturers creating and releasing this cars not PD. PD just takes the 3D model, maybe make some minor tweaks and add it to the game without interior.

I'm fairly sure it's PD who do the all the 3D modelling. It's just designed to the specification laid out by the design teams at BMW/VW/Merc etc.

Last edited:
No offense, but delivering on content you promised 6 months ago is not "on a roll", it's what you're expected to do. When they start delivering content they promised on a regular basis and major, useful stuff that we don't expect, then you can reasonably say they are on a roll.
Considering that it takes time for car manufacturers to design a concept car, and to implement those cars into the game along with the release of Senna content and GT Academy events this month, I would say that they are on a roll.

Oh okay, maybe they shouldn't deliver it at all. Maybe we should just pretend we aren't getting the content. They are on a roll in the context of having little to no content for months and they finally deliver. No offence. I wasn't praising PD, so don't worry, they still suck:rolleyes:.

I think it will look really cool and hope it's RWD or maybe MR, that would be interesting. And after sudden BMW VGT and Mitsubishi VGT code found it is unusual to announce one more VGT, but I think it is because of near Worthersee meet(28.5) and maybe they could reveal real VW VGT :D , anyway happy that PD has finnaly started expanding the game

Oh okay, maybe they shouldn't deliver it at all. Maybe we should just pretend we aren't getting the content. They are on a roll in the context of having little to no content for months and they finally deliver. No offence. I wasn't praising PD, so don't worry, they still suck:rolleyes:.
Are you new to discussions with adults?

The only cars that probably will have na interior are the open cars (if there's going to be any) like the anike and the Honda, just because you can see the interior from the outsider.

the problem is that PD are the ones delivering the game and content

its not like i can rationally blame BMW for the holdup... its not their game... and besides, PD and Kaz have become a punching bag for GTP

Back