Wed 20:30-21:30 UK Time - CLOSED - Suspended until further noticePS4 

The team had two sets of silencers with them to meet different noise limits. It sounded fairly quite while testing. Personally I like the cars to be loud, but there are houses very near the track at Brands so they are only allowed a small number of noisy days per year.

I didn't realise, Brands Hatch, had noise, limit to, you probably seen all the cars, at because, they had a round there, HSCC earlier in year.:)

Hello guys!

I'm back from holidays and took to Dubai for some quick practice and testing.

All cars tested in a private session (yes, I'm THAT rich haha!), on default setups with soft tyres (automatic selection) and track temperature around 60ºC :scared:

ZX: absolute beast! Very well balanced on stable setup and ultra quick (around 5 secs per lap faster than the other cars). Glad it was banned because it's so much quicker, but still the most enjoyable ride amidst the tested machinery.

R89: -loose- a bit oversteery on exit but the most balanced drive of all 3 cars. Great throttle control, so the powerskids were controllable. My favourite.
-stable- this setup eliminates the corner exit oversteer, so it's more user friendly. You lose just a fraction due to mid corner understeer, but it's safer for the long run. Just beware of front tyres overheating.

Sauber: -loose- the least enjoyable drive. It has tons of understeer under power and under braking, so it has a massive front tyre wear issue. It's still as quick as the Nissan though (at least in the first laps). Didn't enjoy the gearing, as it was too long. Maybe it could stand out on other tracks, as it had the best straight line speed.
-stable- didn't bother trying this.

Glorified Beetle: -loose- this car has the stiffest and twitchiest suspension, and thus handles kerbs as if they were explosive (remember mines in Carmaggedon?) Still, it's fun to drive, as it has a good bite on entry, balanced mid corner and just a bit of power understeer. It has the best tyre management, and is a wee bit quicker than the Sauber and the Nissan. Just keep off those killer kerbs and you'll get the job done.
-stable- didn't try this and went shooting stuff on Division 2 (after all, tomorrow's a working day and it's best if you do all the shooting the day before).

UPDATE
Jag -loose- understeers almost as badly as the Merc AND kicks the tail out a bit unpredictably under power.
-stable- curiously, everything becomes a bit better with this setup. It still understeers quite heavily, but brakes better, turns in better and exits predictably.
This had me thinking that I should test the stable setups on the other 2 cars but don't have the time right now, sorry.

See you on Wednesday.
Cheers!

Last edited:
I'm back from holidays
Hope you had a good one.

Glorified Beetle:
:D
What, no Jaguar report? Or did your urge to shoot things after driving the Sauber override it? :)

If Sick uses my settings* it will be later in the day so the track will be cooling down slightly as the race progresses, which might help with the softs and grip. Tyre wear might be off too (it was on Monday) so that'll even the cars up some more.

* Instead of the Brno ones. :sly: But at least we got 16 in the race this time. :P 👍

The team had two sets of silencers with them to meet different noise limits. It sounded fairly quite while testing. Personally I like the cars to be loud, but there are houses very near the track at Brands so they are only allowed a small number of noisy days per year.
Damn! Sorry for the lack of Jag report... Holidays tend to fry your brain. I'll try to update the post today :dopey:

I should be racing tonight guys.

Had a thought today, I've always wondered if we could manufacture a British GT style race, although it might be tricky. For those who are unaware, British GT is a Pro/Am championship where each team consists of a Pro Driver and an Amateur Driver (usually a pay-to-race businessman that helps fund the team). Halfway through each race, the drivers have to come in and swap over. Makes for interesting viewing as you see the Pro drivers trying extra hard in the limited time they have in the car to try and give the Amateur on their team as much of a fighting chance as possible. And then you have the spectacle of the amateurs racing (which can get a little fruity) whilst the Pro drivers are anxiously watching in the pits (usually being interviewed whilst the race is on).

It would be a tricky thing to accomplish, but if anyone is interested in it for Mondays or Wednesdays then I could try and figure out a way of running it (on Sick's approval of course).

Results from Dubai

Dubai GP WED.jpg

Hey guys,

I decided to record replays of our races, for me to study and hopefully for you to enjoy :)
Here they are:

Qualifying:

Race: watch me slide round the track after my faulty stop to hard tires :crazy:

I will continue to upload upcoming qualifyings and races, also for the GT3 championship. I will post them on the board, but you can also watch them on my channel suitably called "WiSchmo's Sim Racing Adventure" here: :P
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFwIY8hOxdeO4m2TD8HsJjw

Last edited:
Hey guys,

I decided to record replays of our races, for me to study and hopefully for you to enjoy :)
Here they are:

Qualifying:

Race: watch me slide round the track after my faulty stop to hard tires :crazy:

I will continue to upload upcoming qualifyings and races, also for the GT3 championship. I will post them on the board, but you can also watch them on my channel suitably called "WiSchmo's Sim Racing Adventure" here: :P
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFwIY8hOxdeO4m2TD8HsJjw

Subbed :cheers:

watch me slide round the track after my faulty stop to hard tires
It's just as well I had damage set to "visual only". :)

It's surprising how slippy it looked, although it was set to spring and was cooler it wasn't by any means a cold track. Your tyres were still green too! I think your pit crew fitted dirt tyres, have a word with them. ;)

From my testing I knew the softs would last a little longer but their durability surprised me during the race. Perhaps I should have informed everyone but the host has got to have some secrets. :P

Are we...? In last race not everyone do that I think...
We should. ;)
Don't worry I think Don now knows about the stops. 👍

I think he'll be back today (?) so...
It's probably worth selecting the the compulsory pitstop option in the menu @Sick Cylinder it'll keep track of things - I think.

I just adore this track!
I think most do. I'm probably the only one who's not so keen on it. :scared:

Prior warning this week!
Track temperatures should be a little cooler this evening (from Monday) to help the soft tyres - if Sick uses my settings. :sly:

We've got a road test of this Cobra in the latest issue of Classic Cars magazine (sadly not by me!), which is on sale for about another week if anyone's interested (see cover below). Quite an interesting history actually – it was the demo car that Peter Brock used to take potential customers out in on the roads surrounding Shelby's LA factory, and scare them into putting down deposits. Now rebuilt as a historic racer.

CC sept 2019 small uk.jpg

OT, this game really needs a Cobra.

Last edited:
Back