Weekly PSC Week 54!

• Thread starter -Fred-
  • 237 comments
oki this is my FIANL ENTRY made some minor changes :D

i just saw that i forgot windshield and some shadowing here and there ....hopu u like it and the interior is from a CLK

the things i did

1: i airbrushed skirt,frontspolier from scratch.the upper part of the rear bumper ..

i added new rims and a CLK interior.a new background and some refletions of the ground on to the airbrushed skirt to make it look more metalic like and new rear lights and a new more clasic color plz comment.:)
060104-Miatafinins.jpg

sry for posting it again i just always seem to find errors LOL i hat it o well..

and je i like the chop man but u need more quality try uploading it at
www.uploadit.org ;)

np mate .maybe change the background;) hehe or make more changes like color and make it a cab instead of a hard top :) go WILD hehe;)

Here's mine. I was looking through the Hall Of Fame and I saw Cano's old winning corvette chop...where he created the car fron to back. Anyways, it inspired me to try and see if I am capable of doing that. So, here's my entry. It could have been done better.

miataonbg.jpg

Looks pretty good 👍 The shading under the car is a bit wrong. I was also thinking of replicating Cano's corvette chop, but it's not that easy to do. I like what you've done. Could've used some different wheels to me though... ;)

Originally posted by donbenni
Looks pretty good 👍 The shading under the car is a bit wrong. I was also thinking of replicating Cano's corvette chop, but it's not that easy to do. I like what you've done. Could've used some different wheels to me though... ;)

I was thinking about changing the wheels. It's also my first itme ever shading like this so bleh. Not my final entry, ill still work on it.

oh, there goes onw of my original ideas. heheh :P
it looks good, ut there are some things that would improve it a lot. first, im gonna give you my technique for adding a shade in those cases. make a layer under ALL your layers, then make a selection of where the shade would be with your lasso tool. make it to look like the car, as if it was completely solid. then fill it with black. now you have a complete blobo of black under your car. deselect, and go to filters. then go to movement blur(or something like that) and add a few pixels, then have it done in a 90° angle. that way the shading will look more real. thatis how I do every shade I use in my chops, and they dont look THAT bad. and indeed change the wheels, they just dont belong there. and move the door to a correct position. other than that, its good, I like it. good attempt at something really difficult. 👍

Cano

Countach, that looks nice, but the roof is a little disporportionate. make it bigger alll around.
Glacius, to hell with you :grumpy:

Originally posted by toyomatt84
Hi all. Just toyo here wanting to say a few things before unveiling my submission. I took advice from just about everyone who had an input here and I gave a ton of new techniques a try out on this next one, please post some thoughts. I really went outside the box on this one.

FINAL ENTRY!!!
WOW_Miata.jpg
I like this one. It gets some major creativity points that's for sure.

Originally posted by suzq044
oh and i dont? :( lol
Your stuff is great too. You show tons of creativity. I just loaded Adobe Photoshop and I will try entering the next competition. I will get smoked beyond beleif but I can try.

:bowdown: Glacius

Originally posted by Cano
oh, there goes onw of my original ideas. heheh :P
it looks good, ut there are some things that would improve it a lot. first, im gonna give you my technique for adding a shade in those cases. make a layer under ALL your layers, then make a selection of where the shade would be with your lasso tool. make it to look like the car, as if it was completely solid. then fill it with black. now you have a complete blobo of black under your car. deselect, and go to filters. then go to movement blur(or something like that) and add a few pixels, then have it done in a 90° angle. that way the shading will look more real. thatis how I do every shade I use in my chops, and they dont look THAT bad. and indeed change the wheels, they just dont belong there. and move the door to a correct position. other than that, its good, I like it. good attempt at something really difficult. 👍

Cano

Thanks for the help Cano! Ill fix that ASAP.

Originally posted by PunkRock
Am i the only one lacking inspiration or what?

I had tons of ideas for this one PunkRock. Try using the McLaren F1 road car as an idea, or maybe try using a pickup and making it a mini truck. Like in the magazines. Just some ideas.

Ok. I know this thing is kinda.... horrid looking to say the least.
It's been 6 weeks without Photoshop for me.. So I have been getting rusty... Suggestions are welcome!

The rear lights, I blacked out *not whited!* the edges. The rims were off a Honda S2000. The top of the car from a 350z, and lots of airbrushing to make it look half decent.. *which I still don't think it does.. considering the level of competition has been increased so many times* The rear window was where 'most' of the work went into. I tried to create a '87 MR2 look alike..but I don't think I did a very good job.

Attachments

• week 54 - miataedit.jpg
    week 54 - miataedit.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 368
nah, you arent the only one punk rock. I donmt know what to do. I was going to try to make a front view again, but 360 beat me to it, so no. Im just... flat. white. zero. and I dont know if I can make what just crossed my mind, but more importantly, I dont know if I want to. bleh. Im just gponna rice it out to hell. that is fun to do.

Cano

Yes I know, but I'm still testing the opportunities ;)

I took the rear bumper from the Pontiac Solstice, doubled the exhaust (only right before), shortened the rear lights, Hamann rims, dropped the car, colored the indicator in the front bumper white and the mirror black (according to the soft top and the mazda stripe).

:)

Hey GentlemanDriver. If you want those reflections and the shadow under the car to look better. Try using the smudge tool in photoshop. It's on the left column and the icon is that of a hand pointing a finger down. It will help smooth out those lumps in the reflection.

For your Mazda sticker, try changing the opacity to about 85% to get it to look like it has the same reflection as the rest of the body. I hope these tips help. Good luck.

Yeah, pretty much. That would help combine the array of colors in your vehicle's paint. It looks "blotchy" right now, meaning not smooth. If you used a blur tool it would smooth out your problem.

Back