What are the chances of Gran Turismo 7 being available on PC?

• Thread starter ICEYOU3
  • 262 comments
An argument that could be used for just about any of the titles Sony has already brought to PC (or is planning to), they are bringing God of War to PC in Jan '22 and that's sold over 19million sold since launch in 2018, and as such has been a much bigger flagship and system seller for the Playstation as a platform.

“The strategy as we were developing it when I was there was that we need to go out to where these new customers are, these new fans could be. We need to go to where they are because they’ve decided not to come to my house. So I’ve got to go to their house now, and what’s the best way to go to their house? Why not take one of our top-selling games, which has already blown up the marketplace, already been out there for 18 months, 24 months…and bring that to the personal computer platform? Hopefully, with that, people who are not currently inside the universe of PlayStation get a chance to experience what we’re experiencing”, Layden explained.
God of War,Unchared 4,HZD,Days Gone etc aren't online centric games (yeah Uncharted 4 does have an online but nobody cares since servers were empty after a few months unlike GTS) so they don't need a psplus subscribtion so yeah it's not an argument that can be used with any Sony title otherwise we would have GTS on pc by now...When the majority of users will move to GT7 than maybe they will pubblish GTS on pc to sell some more copies

Last edited:
God of War,Unchared 4,HZD,Days Gone etc aren't online centric games (yeah Uncharted 4 does have an online but nobody cares since servers were empty after a few months unlike GTS) so they don't need a psplus subscribtion so yeah it's not an argument that can be used with any Sony title otherwise we would have GTS on pc by now...When the majority of users will move to GT7 than maybe they will pubblish GTS on pc to sell some more copies
How on earth do you know that they aren't skipping GTS for PC and looking at GT7 in a couple of years, allowing it to potentially hit the Forza reboot, and GT7 has a much bigger single-player focus than GTS.

You also seem to be unaware that Sony has put multiplayer-only exclusives on PC.

Last edited:
How on earth do you know that they aren't skipping GTS for PC and looking at GT7 in a couple of years, allowing it to potentially hit the Forza reboot, and GT7 has a much bigger single-player focus than GTS.

You also seem to be unaware that Sony has put multiplayer-only exclusives on PC.

Ok we will see

Sony try recovering these losses through PS Plus.
And game sales.

Hmmm...

That's actually supporting both of our statements then, the title of the article isn't telling the full story as you can see in the actual article itself. With how late GT is actually coming out in the PS5 life span, and how little availability there is on the consoles right now, it still wouldn't be hurting anything bringing the game to PC. If this was actually such a big hurdle as some are pretending than I'm shocked that Sony is seemingly not seeing the same picture, and bringing their major sellers over to the PC. Seems like a non-existent issue to all those that actually make the games and consoles, compared to those trying to speak for it here.

Exactly they make much money by selling the console,the game throught they store and the ps plus subscription (the latter it's the reason why they still haven't published GTS on pc since it is an online centric game where there are still a lot of people that renew the psplus subscribtion to race in sport mode) . Putting the game on pc they incentivate people to get out their closed ecosystem where they basically make a lot more money then putting the game on pc where people don't need a subsription to play online and they have to share profits with steam or epic games store since they haven't their own store on pc
They haven't published GTS for PC because they didn't make those steps when the game was released. This is a recent thing, that much is extremely obvious to anyone with eyes. It's funny that people seem to think that they're going to be at a loss releasing these things. the vast, vast majority of people on console currently are very likely to stay on console - hell even if someone did decide that they wanted GT on PC after having it on console, they're still very much going to be owning that console and paying that subscription because of the other games people play as well. All this will be doing is opening up to a bigger audience so all of this doom and gloom makes absolutely no sense. It's weird how going to PC has only seemed to actually help brands, rather than the other way around, and yet people are still trying to close their eyes as if it's not already happening.

And yes I know they're mods but they're things that you can expect to have in many other games already (like rain not being a paid mod). Why does it need content manager, sol (whatever that is), csp (again, whatever that is), or why should I want to spend my time learning what they are and what they do to make a game look as good as a game I can buy, download and run (soon™) without the BSing around.

I've spent over an hour on learning this stuff already today and got nowhere so that's an hour too long for me and one I'll never get back. If all this stuff is so fricken' easy why isn't everyone doing it?
Exactly the point, you don't need to. Doesn't take away from anything said though, you not finding interest and not knowing how to do it doesn't mean its a difficult procedure. And just like you, there's others that just seemingly don't care or don't know, that's why everyones not doing it. However, with how much life gets added to the game with these, I'd 100% do it if I had a PC. I'd do it to GT too when/if it comes to PC because theres a lot of things there that people can fix and make better there too.

Last edited:
That's actually supporting both of our statements then, the title of the article isn't telling the full story as you can see in the actual article itself. With how late GT is actually coming out in the PS5 life span, and how little availability there is on the consoles right now, it still wouldn't be hurting anything bringing the game to PC. If this was actually such a big hurdle as some are pretending than I'm shocked that Sony is seemingly not seeing the same picture, and bringing their major sellers over to the PC. Seems like a non-existent issue to all those that actually make the games and consoles, compared to those trying to speak for it here.
I was only bringing that up because not all consoles sell at a loss as your quote seemed to suggest. I did know about the PS4 beforehand but I was very surprised that the PS5 Disc Edition was also not selling at a loss.

Exactly the point, you don't need to.
Not having those things makes the whole point of Assetto Corsa comparisons and it having all these nice things if you mod it kinda redundant then, doesn't it? Because it doesn't if you use the base game and I can run that on my console... nor is their any life added.

The track shown as an example was an 150km track with full dynamic weather and time. Try that without installing mods.
Doesn't take away from anything said though, you not finding interest and not knowing how to do it doesn't mean its a difficult procedure.
For you! An appendectomy isn't a difficult procedure either apparently and yet that too would be hard for me. I mean I could probably go in there and chop it off but I don't like the chances of the person I did it to functioning properly afterwards.

I think where our wires are crossed here is you guys see it as just the drag and drop bit whereas I see it more like a TV install. When I pay to have a TV installed it get's delivered, hung on my wall (with an extra power point if needed), plugged into everything else like the sound bar, connected to the WIFI, updated to the latest version and all channels installed. It's a fully functional TV with nothing else to do.

This doesn't seem to be the case with mods. You only have to look at the AC mods forum and there's people having difficulties on near every page you look at... and they're probably far more PC savvy than me, an old tradie who never used a computer until retirement who even struggles when a forum gets updated.
41bd100f9bbf5fabb52f87b223cecdc249cdb7c426cbdcef8547dd2dd07ae0b9_1.jpg

I’m not computer savvy, but I’d probably get several racing games on pc. IF/when GT is a available on pc, I’d have to get it. For the solo player community ;) it’d be a win. All those mods, so tasty.

I was only bringing that up because not all consoles sell at a loss as your quote seemed to suggest. I did know about the PS4 beforehand but I was very surprised that the PS5 Disc Edition was also not selling at a loss.
Although I never gave a time frame, I'm aware that consoles dont sell at a loss forever. Either way, like I said, it's not disproving what was said.

Not having those things makes the whole point of Assetto Corsa comparisons and it having all these nice things if you mod it kinda redundant then, doesn't it? Because it doesn't if you use the base game and I can run that on my console... nor is their any life added.

The track shown as an example was an 150km track with full dynamic weather and time. Try that without installing mods.
You asked why everyone wasn't doing it. I simply answered that. The answer being, you don't need to. However, with how much it only adds on to games, how much more life it brings, how much better it makes any game, I'm surprised more don't just do it with how easy it seems to be.

For you! An appendectomy isn't a difficult procedure either apparently and yet that too would be hard for me. I mean I could probably go in there and chop it off but I don't like the chances of the person I did it to functioning properly afterwards.
That literally makes no sense here. You need a lot of schooling, training, college, degrees, practice, and a lot more I'm missing to be a damn doctor. How are you even making this comparison? :lol: That's extremely difficult, and is in no way even a remotely logical thing to compare it to. You're trying to hard to make it seem harder than it is.

I think where our wires are crossed here is you guys see it as just the drag and drop bit whereas I see it more like a TV install. When I pay to have a TV installed it get's delivered, hung on my wall (with an extra power point if needed), plugged into everything else like the sound bar, connected to the WIFI, updated to the latest version and all channels installed. It's a fully functional TV with nothing else to do.
TV installs are actually way more difficult too. You need to be able to actually lift a heavy object, you will likely need multiple people in order to get it done correctly, and going off how difficult it seems to be for you to install and drag and drop files, you'll likely need someone to set up the wifi on it too. If you're a person that can follow relatively easy directions then I don't think you'll have as much a problem getting it done.

This doesn't seem to be the case with mods. You only have to look at the AC mods forum and there's people having difficulties on near every page you look at... and they're probably far more PC savvy than me, an old tradie who never used a computer until retirement who even struggles when a forum gets updated.
Probably, probably not. A lot of people have trouble following simple instructions, I'm well aware of that. You're an extreme example of this, but with how much you use a computer for just this forum alone, I'm unsure how this would perplex you to no end. Good thing about this is you seem like a smart person, so like most things, you'd only have to learn how to do it once.

You asked why everyone wasn't doing it. I simply answered that. The answer being, you don't need to. However, with how much it only adds on to games, how much more life it brings, how much better it makes any game, I'm surprised more don't just do it with how easy it seems to be.
Yes you don't need to but no comparison should be used between AC with mods then. If you don't need to then you're running the base game. If you're running the base game then you don't have an 150km track with full dynamic weather and time.

Yes you don't need to but no comparison should be used between AC with mods then. If you don't need to then you're running the base game. If you're running the base game then you don't have an 150km track with full dynamic weather and time.
Take it up with them. I wasn't responding to that.

So your whole conversation about the ease/difficulty in adding mods to me has been based on not adding mods?
My post to you about mods has to do with what you said about mods being hard to install, yes.

Last edited:
My post to you about mods has to do with what you said about mods being hard to install, yes.
And the ''You don't need to" bit?

The whole discussion has revolved around mods, so if you don't need to then you have the base game, which in my particular case installed itself just by putting a disc in the tray.

And the ''You don't need to" bit?

The whole discussion has revolved around mods, so if you don't need to then you have the base game, which in my particular case installed itself just by putting a disc in the tray.
What about it? I fail to see where this is going. It has very little to do with my response to you about your claims of difficulty in installing mods.

What about it? I fail to see where this is going. It has very little to do with my response to you about your claims of difficulty in installing mods.
You replied to one of my comments by saying you don't need to. That comment was...
And yes I know they're mods but they're things that you can expect to have in many other games already (like rain not being a paid mod). Why does it need content manager, sol (whatever that is), csp (again, whatever that is), or why should I want to spend my time learning what they are and what they do to make a game look as good as a game I can buy, download and run (soon™) without the BSing around.
To which you replied...
Exactly the point, you don't need to. Doesn't take away from anything said though, you not finding interest and not knowing how to do it doesn't mean its a difficult procedure. And just like you, there's others that just seemingly don't care or don't know, that's why everyones not doing it. However, with how much life gets added to the game with these, I'd 100% do it if I had a PC. I'd do it to GT too when/if it comes to PC because theres a lot of things there that people can fix and make better there too.
But you do need to if you want the particular game in question to be like in the clip! If you don't install these mods then how do you have things like dynamic weather and rain? You're left with the base game, however difficult or easy they are to each of us edit: to install is irrelevant to this part. Why would I even bother when there's other games that add these elements without modding?

And all but the highlighted bit was irrelevant to that particular train of comments, that's why I snipped it.

Last edited:
Apparently, there's been another Nvidia GeForce leak, this time related to release dates. I'm not going to link it because I'm not sure if it could be trouble. It's already been removed from github, where it originally was, and is only visible now on the WaybackMachine, at least as of the time of this post.

I'm keeping a copy just in case, to see how legit it may be. Because if some of the Playstation Mobile Inc (aka Playstation PC LLC) games listed there, actually get released around the dates listed, we could, potentially, have GT7 within a year of it release, maybe even before/by Christmas next year.

Note: GT7 was not on the list, but there is a big new PS exclusive there, also launching early next year, stated to be out on PC within 7 months of its console release. Hard to believe. But it was hard to believe at one point that Sony would even consider PC, so I don't know anymore.

EDIT: Edited for grammar errors.

Last edited:
I mean, if you even have the game on PC in the first place presumably you've had to download and install Steam, create a user account, then purchase and install the game. You've done all the steps that you'd have to do with Content Manager with a different program already. It's not complicated, and if anything at this point I think you're just getting inside your own head and making yourself believe that it's complicated.

It feels like someone saying "well, I made fried bacon, eggs and toast for breakfast, but I couldn't possibly make french toast". It's the same stuff, just dunk your bread in some eggs and stick it in the pan. Don't overthink it. It's a computer, not a hydrogen bomb. Download Content Manager, double click to install it, Bob's your aunty's live in pool boy.

Apparently, there's been another Nvidia GeForce leak, this time related to release dates. I'm not going to link it because I'm not sure if it could be trouble. It's already been removed from github, where it originally was, and is only visible now on the WaybackMachine, at least as of the time of this post.

I'm keeping a copy just in case, to see how legit it may be. Because if some of the Playstation Mobile Inc (aka Playstation PC LLC) games listed there, actually get released around the dates listed, we could, potentially, have GT7 within a year of it release, maybe even before/by Christmas next year.

Note: GT7 was not on the list, but there is a big new PS exclusive there, also launching early next year, stated to be out on PC within 7 months of its console release. Hard to believe. But it was hard to believe at one point that Sony would even consider PC, so I don't know anymore.

EDIT: Edited for grammar errors.

Adding to what you said. How's console vs PC today?

On one hand, we have $499 consoles.

On another, we have GPUs costing almost double that price.

And, in the middle, we have tons and tons of GTX 960/970/1050/1060/1070 deciding what they upgrade to this gen. Those who waited too much became less and less likely to stay on PC. Sony knows most of the PC market is stuck with these 5 year old cards, which get comprehensibly beaten by PS5 in power.

Furthermore, most people who buy PlayStation couldn't care less about the PC. When Horizon first came out and Days Gone followed, it was written on the wall: more would come, maybe all of them. Yet the PS5 has beaten PS4 numbers amid a shortage in supply as well as a far better showing from Xbox than in 2013.

Even in Microsoft's side, their main weapon to get more Game Pass subscribers isn't Windows or even the cloud. It's Xbox Series S. There's no Steam in Xbox Series S.

The only thing with remote potential to kill consoles is apps on Smart TVs. But, when they arrive, they kill everything: consoles, GPUs and handhelds.

Last edited:
I mean, if you even have the game on PC in the first place presumably you've had to download and install Steam, create a user account, then purchase and install the game. You've done all the steps that you'd have to do with Content Manager with a different program already. It's not complicated, and if anything at this point I think you're just getting inside your own head and making yourself believe that it's complicated.

It feels like someone saying "well, I made fried bacon, eggs and toast for breakfast, but I couldn't possibly make french toast". It's the same stuff, just dunk your bread in some eggs and stick it in the pan. Don't overthink it. It's a computer, not a hydrogen bomb. Download Content Manager, double click to install it, Bob's your aunty's live in pool boy.
So, download content manager and all the mods magically appear on my PC, install and run correctly, right? Nah, didn't think so... :sly:

It's the whole process not just adding one little piece of the puzzle like CM. Otherwise the game in question, the game that I first spoke of, just doesn't hold up to other games that already have this stuff. It's still good but it's bare bones, unless you're willing to put the time in searching for and sifting through all the different mods and making it all work correctly.

Think KISS and you might understand where I'm at.

You replied to one of my comments by saying you don't need to. That comment was...

To which you replied...

But you do need to if you want the particular game in question to be like in the clip! If you don't install these mods then how do you have things like dynamic weather and rain? You're left with the base game, however difficult or easy they are to each of us edit: to install is irrelevant to this part. Why would I even bother when there's other games that add these elements without modding?

And all but the highlighted bit was irrelevant to that particular train of comments, that's why I snipped it.
Yes, but you literally just said you don't care about any of that. You said you don't care to do any of that because you just want to plug in play, and if that's the case, then just don't. Of course, it absolutely goes with out saying that if you want it to look like that, then, yes take the minimal amount of effort to get the mods installed and do it. However, that is in no way a justification of it being as difficult as you're pretending it is. That seems to be the point you're failing to understand. That's what the post was about - a point that I've already elaborated after that fact.

Why bother? Because when it comes to PC you have so much freedom - and that will continue if and when GT comes too, because the same exact things are going to happen, and people are only going to improve upon the things that PD fails to do on their own. That is nothing but a bonus. If all you want to do is play on console, then fine, don't worry about any of this because absolutely none of it will affect you in any way. Which makes it all the more odd that you're trying to put it down for some reason when you have the simple option of not using it or caring.

Like I said, I wasn't talking about whatever you decided with someone else. It wasn't irrelevant, because I wasn't talking about what you were talking about with someone else. That's your discussion with them, not me. That's why I snipped it(see how that works?)

So, download content manager and all the mods magically appear on my PC, install and run correctly, right? Nah, didn't think so... :sly:

It's the whole process not just adding one little piece of the puzzle like CM. Otherwise the game in question, the game that I first spoke of, just doesn't hold up to other games that already have this stuff. It's still good but it's bare bones, unless you're willing to put the time in searching for and sifting through all the different mods and making it all work correctly.

Think KISS and you might understand where I'm at.
I'm surprised you're managing to navigate anything on consoles or a computer if this is seemingly that difficult to understand. It's not a puzzle, and I'm sure with someone as smart as you, if you actually attempted it once you'd probably find out how easy it actually is. That time put into searching is absolutely negligible, you've spent vastly more time arguing against the option than it would have took to find the things you were looking for. You've been here days now doing this, and you're complaining about time and how you're wasting it by having to look up things.

I find it even more odd, do you literally not look up anything about any game ever? You never search the internet for information on something in a game before it releases or after it releases? You don't browse through a forum endlessly about what's going on in a game and try to talk about it? Going off your activity, it seems like you do all these things, converse with people about it, and even get into discussions about things like that. All that time, you're saying you don't have to do this, you're already doing these exact things. Nothing would be really changing for you, at least not as much as you're trying to make it out to be.

Last edited:
Yes, but you literally just said you don't care about any of that. You said you don't care to do any of that because you just want to plug in play, and if that's the case, then just don't. Of course, it absolutely goes with out saying that if you want it to look like that, then, yes take the minimal amount of effort to get the mods installed and do it. However, that is in no way a justification of it being as difficult as you're pretending it is. That seems to be the point you're failing to understand. That's what the post was about - a point that I've already elaborated after that fact.

Why bother? Because when it comes to PC you have so much freedom - and that will continue if and when GT comes too, because the same exact things are going to happen, and people are only going to improve upon the things that PD fails to do on their own. That is nothing but a bonus. If all you want to do is play on console, then fine, don't worry about any of this because absolutely none of it will affect you in any way. Which makes it all the more odd that you're trying to put it down for some reason when you have the simple option of not using it or caring.

Like I said, I wasn't talking about whatever you decided with someone else. It wasn't irrelevant, because I wasn't talking about what you were talking about with someone else. That's your discussion with them, not me. That's why I snipped it(see how that works?)

I'm surprised you're managing to navigate anything on consoles or a computer if this is seemingly that difficult to understand. It's not a puzzle, and I'm sure with someone as smart as you, if you actually attempted it once you'd probably find out how easy it actually is. That time put into searching is absolutely negligible, you've spent vastly more time arguing against the option than it would have took to find the things you were looking for. You've been here days now doing this, and you're complaining about time and how you're wasting it by having to look up things.

I find it even more odd, do you literally not look up anything about any game ever? You never search the internet for information on something in a game before it releases or after it releases? You don't browse through a forum endlessly about what's going on in a game and try to talk about it? Going off your activity, it seems like you do all these things, converse with people about it, and even get into discussions about things like that. All that time, you're saying you don't have to do this, you're already doing these exact things. Nothing would be really changing for you, at least not as much as you're trying to make it out to be.
Seeing as you seem intent on missing my point that to me (whether rightly or wrongly) installing mods is the whole process of installing mods including making everything function correctly (a la my TV analogy and my appendectomy analogy which you totally missed my point on, deliberately I feel) I'll no longer keep going with this, because as you say (and I've said previously) I've wasted far too much time on this.

Check the AC mods thread, every page has people having issues with track installs, broken wipers, etc. Obviously it's dead simple :rolleyes:

Seeing as you seem intent on missing my point that to me (whether rightly or wrongly) installing mods is the whole process of installing mods including making everything function correctly (a la my TV analogy and my appendectomy analogy which you totally missed my point on, deliberately I feel) I'll no longer keep going with this, because as you say (and I've said previously) I've wasted far too much time on this.

Check the AC mods thread, every page has people having issues with track installs, broken wipers, etc. Obviously it's dead simple :rolleyes:
It seems pretty unfair to say that when you're intentionally or unintentionally missing mine :rolleyes:. The whole process itself isn't a difficult one you just keep pretending it is - Exactly like you did when you compared it to being a doctor operating on people. If I'm missing your point, it's not deliberate, it's just that it's not making much sense to me, and when you make as big a grasp as you tried with the TV and Doctor analogy, it seems dishonest. Ironic that the act of wasting time looking up mods is unheard of, but here you are days later still talking about the act itself. Like I said, in that time frame you would have found many, many, many sources of information that would have helped you do what you're making out to be a monumental task. Also, this is a Gran Turismo forum first and foremost, so it would make sense that all the information for something else would likely be better found on a forum or place dedicated to the said game. Just like it's very easy to find information about GT here, as it will have every single thing covered from front to back. Kind of how Communities work I think.

Have a good day.

Last edited:
There's no difficulty in installing mods.

Curating your collection, however, is annoying.

You go on an install spree, eventually you have tons of mods and don't enjoy any because you spend too much time fiddling.

If you like a game enough to install mods, you're part of the dedicated fanbase, which isn't the majority.

It's nice to have mods in Assetto but what's interesting to see is Kunos' take on each car. Not many mods are professional level.

Last edited:
It seems pretty unfair to say that when you're intentionally or unintentionally missing mine :rolleyes:. The whole process itself isn't a difficult one you just keep pretending it is - Exactly like you did when you compared it to being a doctor operating on people. If I'm missing your point, it's not deliberate, it's just that it's not making much sense to me, and when you make as big a grasp as you tried with the TV and Doctor analogy, it seems dishonest. Ironic that the act of wasting time looking up mods is unheard of, but here you are days later still talking about the act itself. Like I said, in that time frame you would have found many, many, many sources of information that would have helped you do what you're making out to be a monumental task. Also, this is a Gran Turismo forum first and foremost, so it would make sense that all the information for something else would likely be better found on a forum or place dedicated to the said game. Just like it's very easy to find information about GT here, as it will have every single thing covered from front to back. Kind of how Communities work I think.

Have a good day.
Re appendectomy: Replace Doctor with someone PC savvy and replace patient with PC and the rest was self explanatory IE. Simple for someone that knows their way around something.

Re TV: It just describes what as I see as the whole process, including making it run correctly in comparison to you guys saying it's just drag and drop. Just as an FYI, No it doesn't require multiple people to install a TV until you get to 75'' and above (some 75'' TV's, while awkward can still be done by one person depending on the mounting hardware and mounting height). Don't make it sound harder than it is ;)

Last edited:
Re appendectomy: Replace Doctor with someone OPC savvy and replace patient with PC and the rest was self explanatory IE. Simple for someone that knows their way around something.

Re TV: It just describes what as I see as the whole process, including making it run correctly in comparison to you guys saying it's just drag and drop. Just as an FYI, No it doesn't require multiple people to install a TV until you get to 75'' and above (some 75'' TV's, while awkward can still be done by one person depending on the mounting hardware and mounting height). Don't make it sound harder than it is ;)
Still doesn't fit. One takes an extreme amount of time to dedicate their life to learning how to do something, requiring licenses, PHD's, many years of schooling. Installing mods takes you putting files in folders, in a very simplified form. There is no way that being a doctor is going to be similarly as hard as installing mods, making it even more difficult to compare when you add in surgery. It's not a simple tasks, because of the amount of actual effort, time, money, and the vast amounts of knowledge you'd have to have. You don't need anything close to that to learn how to install mods.

TV doesn't fit either, because even though it's vastly easier than being a doctor, it also very likely requires help from multiple people simultaneously and actually requires physical effort on your part, physically lifting heavy objects is not something you just learn. Some people are literally incapable for many reasons. If it didn't need multiple people, why would you use it as a comparison in saying how you need to call people to have it installed? Seems like a bit of a backtrack. As a personal example. I have a 55" TV that required to be held in place, elevated, while someone screws on the mounts to the TV - Something that was fairly difficult to do alone because of the physical exertion as well as the lack of hands. Similarly, mounting on a wall would require the same thing.

However, reading up a small tutorial on how to install mods, is vastly easier to learn in almost every aspect. Will some fail? Yes, but lot's of people fail at some of the most simplest things very often. Like @HyperSpeeder mentions, the hardest part is the curation when you just go willy nilly on installing things.

However, here you are, someone that complained about the time wasted and time it takes to get this accomplished using way more time to talk about how hard it is than it actually takes to get it done.

Last edited:
Still doesn't fit. One takes an extreme amount of time to dedicate their life to learning how to do something, requiring licenses, PHD's, many years of schooling. Installing mods takes you putting files in folders, in a very simplified form. There is no way that being a doctor is going to be similarly as hard as installing mods, making it even more difficult to compare when you add in surgery. It's not a simple tasks, because of the amount of actual effort, time, money, and the vast amounts of knowledge you'd have to have. You don't need anything close to that to learn how to install mods.

TV doesn't fit either, because even though it's vastly easier than being a doctor, it also very likely requires help from multiple people simultaneously and actually requires physical effort on your part, physically lifting heavy objects is not something you just learn. Some people are literally incapable for many reasons. If it didn't need multiple people, why would you use it as a comparison in saying how you need to call people to have it installed? Seems like a bit of a backtrack. As a personal example. I have a 55" TV that required to be held in place, elevated, while someone screws on the mounts to the TV - Something that was fairly difficult to do alone because of the physical exertion as well as the lack of hands. Similarly, mounting on a wall would require the same thing.

However, reading up a small tutorial on how to install mods, is vastly easier to learn in almost every aspect. Will some fail? Yes, but lot's of people fail at some of the most simplest things very often. Like @HyperSpeeder mentions, the hardest part is the curation when you just go willy nilly on installing things.

However, here you are, someone that complained about the time wasted and time it takes to get this accomplished using way more time to talk about how hard it is than it actually takes to get it done.
They're loose analogies, they don't have to match perfectly :crazy:

Re TV again :rolleyes:: Nowhere did I say people
And if it took multiple people to put together as 55'' TV then you got the wrong people. I've mounted a 50'' TV from a goddamn wheelchair, and a 46'' TV high on a wall while standing on one leg. It's not that difficult! Edit: The 75'' was out of my reach so I had it installed.

See how that works. I'm a tradie, this stuff is second nature to me, not PC's. I didn't grow up with PC's so it's far more difficult for me, just as tiling a bathroom (I was a tiler in my later years) or mounting a TV would probably be for you.

Last edited:
They're loose analogies, they don't have to match perfectly :crazy:

Re TV again :rolleyes:: Nowhere did I say people

And if it took multiple people to put together as 55'' TV then you got the wrong people. I've mounted a 50'' TV from a goddamn wheelchair, and a 46'' TV high on a wall while standing on one leg. It's not that difficult! Edit: The 75'' was out of my reach so I had it installed.

See how that works. I'm a tradie, this stuff is second nature to me, not PC's. I didn't grow up with PC's so it's far more difficult for me, just as tiling a bathroom (I was a tiler in my later years) or mounting a TV would probably be for you.
They don't match perfectly sure, they also don't match at all. They don't make sense to compare.

If you're paying for a TV install, than you're paying people to come and install it.. Either you're misconstruing something or you're backtracking. That's People, more than one, being called to accomplish a job that you called them to do because you are incapable in some way or another.

It didn't take multiple people. Go back and re-read what was said. However, if you can go so far as to actually install a TV yourself in a god damn wheel chair, than none of this should be hard for you as everything needed to be done takes literally less effort than any of that. The mounting of the TV wasn't hard itself, it was the lack of extra hands available that made the job harder than it needs to be.

The good thing about technology advancement is the ease of looking up the extremely simple information to get it done. It doesn't take much more time or effort than looking for a tv you'd prefer, ordering it, and getting it delivered to your house. It's hard to use age as a reason to not being able to learn things when you didn't let a disability stop you from accomplish something like that.

I'm honestly shocked that this is what you're comparing to being a doctor, that this is considered hard:
1636134877766.png

I've had harder instructions just to change an email signature. This took all but 5 minutes to find.

Last edited:
They don't match perfectly sure, they also don't match at all. They don't make sense to compare.

If you're paying for a TV install, than you're paying people to come and install it.. Either you're misconstruing something or you're backtracking. That's People, more than one, being called to accomplish a job that you called them to do because you are incapable in some way or another.

It didn't take multiple people. Go back and re-read what was said. However, if you can go so far as to actually install a TV yourself in a god damn wheel chair, than none of this should be hard for you as everything needed to be done takes literally less effort than any of that.

The good thing about technology advancement is the ease of looking up the extremely simple information to get it done. It doesn't take much more time or effort than looking for a tv you'd prefer, ordering it, and getting it delivered to your house. It's hard to use age as a reason to not being able to learn things when you didn't let a disability stop you from accomplish something like that.

I'm honestly shocked that this is what you're comparing to being a doctor, that this is considered hard:
View attachment 1092001

I've had harder instructions just to change an email signature. This took all but 5 minutes to find.
What the **** is C:\Program files (x86) blah blah blah :confused:

Edit: You do realize it's possible to call one person to install a TV don't you?

Last edited:
What the **** is C:\Program files (x86) blah blah blah :confused:

Edit: You do realize it's possible to call one person to install a TV don't you?
You did read it right? It literally says its a folder on your computer in one of the very first sentences. You don't know how to open any folder, or see what a folder name is called? I see your issue now, it's not that the instructions are difficult, or the task is difficult, you're failing due to a lack of reading the actual instructions - That's a common occurrence with a lot of people actually, and why most tend to fail relatively simple tasks.

I'm amazed you're even able to turn on your computer, or get past the boot screen at this point. You're right, this isn't for you - You're probably actually the very most extreme example, on the complete end of the spectrum actively fighting being able to learn something extremely simple with the many facets of help around and the very simplified instructions. It's the typical old man trope hating technology advancement and not wanting to take the simple steps to learn it, so instead, just damn it all. It's obvious you have no intent on having an honest discussion here so I suppose this is where we can end it.

Again, have a good day.

Last edited:
You did read it right? It literally says its a folder on your computer in one of the very first sentences. You don't know how to open any folder, or see what a folder name is called? I see your issue now, it's not that the instructions are difficult, or the task is difficult, you're failing due to a lack of reading the actual instructions - That's a common occurrence with a lot of people actually, and why most tend to fail relatively simple tasks.

I'm amazed you're even able to turn on your computer, or get past the boot screen at this point. You're right, this isn't for you - You're probably actually the very most extreme example, on the complete end of the spectrum actively fighting being able to learn something extremely simple with the many facets of help around and the very simplified instructions. It's the typical old man trope hating technology advancement and not wanting to take the simple steps to learn it, so instead, just damn it all. It's obvious you have no intent on having an honest discussion here so I suppose this is where we can end it.

Again, have a good day.
I tried to tell you I'm not PC savvy but you refused to listen. These days people are brought up using a PC every day of their life and were probably taught them in school. Me, we didn't even have calculators and we did one week of typing in the whole of my schooling on a mechanical typewriter. I'm trying to learn this stuff but it's far more difficult when you're older. I don't know why you can't understand this?

To me it's no different to someone not being able to tile a bathroom (edit: or put up a 55'' TV by themselves for that matter). Would most people find it difficult (and I mean to do it properly)? I think so, simply because they don't know what they don't know, but it's easy if they google it, right? (Hint: No, it isn't, but it's easy for me) :rolleyes:

Please take this as it is, remembering people with possibly 20+ years experience on PC is equivalent to my time tiling. It's a fair comparison.

Last edited:
Back