What are you Eating/Drinking?

• Thread starter Super-Supra
  • 22,315 comments
I'm weirdly fascinated by food cultures. I look forward to seeing Christmas dinner pictures from around the world.

What is traditional for you and your family? What must always be served?

We have a traditional Christmas Day dinner. A beef roast, potatoes, green beans, fruit salad, rolls. But our Christmas Eve dinner is a bit odd, but something I have done for over 40 years and have continued the tradition my mother started, now with my family.
That night we all sit around the coffee table in the living room and build our own subs. (Roast beef, turkey, ham and 3 types of cheese) , chips and dip, olives, pickles and deviled eggs. (Those are a must!)
It's a rather casual affair before the busy next day.

May your holidays be memorable.
:cheers:,
Boston

Copy/paste from the GTPremium section from yesterday:

For the last 3 years, we've had the "Traditional Holiday Pizza" - a Chicago-Style Stuffed from Papa Murphy's. :D

c6589e248eef9feb53705cad851bc324.jpg

I'm weirdly fascinated by food cultures. I look forward to seeing Christmas dinner pictures from around the world.

We have a traditional Christmas Day dinner. A beef roast, potatoes, green beans, fruit salad, rolls. But our Christmas Eve dinner is a bit odd, but something I have done for over 40 years and have continued the tradition my mother started, now with my family.
That night we all sit around the coffee table in the living room and build our own subs. (Roast beef, turkey, ham and 3 types of cheese) , chips and dip, olives, pickles and deviled eggs. (Those are a must!)
It's a rather casual affair before the busy next day.

May your holidays be memorable.
:cheers:,
Boston

My familiy's eve dinner os usually cooked dried and salted codfish with egg, potatoes and cabbage. On the 25th we have roasted lamb and octapus. We have also lots of wine.

My familiy's eve dinner os usually cooked dried and salted codfish with egg, potatoes and cabbage. On the 25th we have roasted lamb and octapus. We have also lots of wine.
No offense buy I think I'll stick with my pizza and eggnog. :lol:

Stuffed a KFC spicy bucket for lunch, my first taste of a traditional Japanese Christmas meal. Loved it, but now I can't move because my gut is filled with several kilos of the colonel's fried chicken.

Fridge is chilling beer as I post and in a short time I'll be getting my Christmas alcohol fix which will be a lot less than usual because I'm alone today and a case of beers and half a bottle of vodka rounded off with a few BJs (usual Christmas intake) is a bit overkill without company.

This is what is left of 2 pounds of ground buffalo meat and and 2 ounces of cure and seasoning, squeezed out of a jerky gun into sticks and dehydrated.

While I made this for gifts, I gotta say this is by far the best jerky I have ever made. The bison flavor is awesome.

If you have ever had a bison burger, you know how much more flavor it has than beef.

I'm going to stop by the store Monday and get another pound of bison, to make me some.

CAM00232_zpsoafjwxjo.jpg

Leftover pizza and a white chocolate raspberry daiquiri.

2016-12-25 18.18.56.jpg

Actually, that's my second one... :P

Yesterday:

J9yQtlP.jpg

Wtss1HQ.jpg

Te9vtYR.jpg

160 lbs of pig on the water. Havana Club verticals (including pre-embargo saved for post-Castro) and cuban cigars all around. An amazing night overall. We're all going shooting tomorrow too.

Today:

jEjXVne.jpg

K1qPQeF.jpg

Ten pound rib roast. Brushed with whipped egg whites and crusted with salt pepper and rosemary. 5 hours in the oven at 200 F, then a ten minute blast at 550F to finish.

So much to celebrate this year. Steve got a heart, my dad won his (hopefully last) battle with cancer, cousin began residency, another tyrant bit the dust. So much to celebrate, so many people to remember too.

Gonna be eating leftovers for the rest of the year. :lol:

Christmas Eve: Roast pheasant
Christmas Day: Roast goose
Boxing Day: Roast turkey

That's me roasted out for at least a month. That was hard work. :ill:

I just buttered a bagel, put it in the microwave for 50 seconds. Came out nice and soft. :D Most underrated way of eating a bagel.

TB
I bought a small deep fryer yesterday
Yeah, be careful with that.

I bought a small deep fryer once. After gaining about 30 pounds, I dumped out the oil, and threw it in a closet.

Not had goose before, was it good?
We have it every Christmas day and is more traditional in Britain that the turkey most people usually have (bloody Yank invaders coming over here with their silk stockings, chewing gum and fat chickens! :P)

I love it, but it doesn't give up as much meat as a turkey and does need a little more looking after otherwise it can be a bit dry. If you think of a turkey as a large chicken then a goose cooks more like a large duck. It can be expensive, especially as you'd be lucky to get 6 servings out of one, but it does make Christmas day a bit more special, especially as you can have turkey any day throughout the year if you wanted to.

Pot-luck at work today.

Sloppy Joe
Pulled pork sandwich
Homemade baked beans
Potato salad
Meatballs
Two different buffalo chicken dips
Salmon dip
French onion dip
Potato chips, tortilla chips and crackers for said dips
Homemade bread - Honey-oatmeal and garlic (my contribution (that's two different loaves, btw))
Apple pie
Cheesecake

It's been 4 hours and I'm still absolutely stuffed. :drool:

Back