What are you Eating/Drinking?

• Thread starter Super-Supra
  • 22,320 comments
lpdf_7913_riz_noir_150g_france.jpg
For anyone wondering, this translates to "The Bread of Flowers." That's right, bread is pain...particularly when you get whacked upside the head with a stale baguette.

Sorry.

Heinz Baby biscotti. I figured that if it’s baby food and it’s free from all preservatives and artificial things then it must be good for me.

heinz-biscotti-banana-b-800x800.jpg

So more-ish.

For anyone wondering, this translates to "The Bread of Flowers." That's right, bread is pain...particularly when you get whacked upside the head with a stale baguette.

Sorry.
Indeed. But do you mean getting wacked with the front end or the rear end of the baguette?

:P

Thanks for making me drool all over my keyboard in jealousy.

Can't get any more West Virginia than that.
You're welcome :sly:. The best part was for all of that, it was only $11. The only thing more more West Virginian would be a pepperoni roll bun for a hotdog with sauce and slaw.

Went to Sickies Garage for ma birfday. Had a Nacho Dipper Burger.
Nacho-Dipper-Burger.jpg

"Signature burger patty piled high with fresh fried nacho dippers, covered with queso cheese, seasoned sour cream and shredded lettuce"

Mine wasn't quite that sloppy. With fries and a Coke.

Having a couple of B-52's.

b-52s_zpsnfyj0myd.jpg

B-52

No not the bombers. Or the musicians.
Shooters.
And now having shot the shooters I'm going to chute the shooters.

Recipe:
1: Pour 1/3 oz Kahlua into a shot glass.

2: With a bar spoon layer 1/3 oz Barleys Original atop the Kahlua

3: Using the same bar spoon layer 1/3 oz Grand Marnier over the Baileys.

Have as you wish. ;)

Having a couple of B-52's.

b-52s_zpsnfyj0myd.jpg

B-52

No not the bombers. Or the musicians.
Shooters.
And now having shot the shooters I'm going to chute the shooters.

Recipe:
1: Pour 1/3 oz Kahlua into a shot glass.

2: With a bar spoon layer 1/3 oz Barleys Original atop the Kahlua

3: Using the same bar spoon layer 1/3 oz Grand Marnier over the Baileys.

Have as you wish. ;)
:bowdown:

Made the BIG mistake of checking this thread before lunch.
Aaarrghh! Now I'm twice as hungry!

B-52's are extremely dangerous. Have 4 in a row in an hour and it's guaranteed to fell you. As a former barkeep I've seen many a patron abuse a B-52 bombing and then be later carried out.

Screw that B-52, I want them shot glasses :drool:

Agree. :drool:

TB
That's the only stein shot glass I've got. My dad gave it to me years ago. He's got the matching full size one. :)

Now my Doctor Who shot glasses don't seem so special anymore. :irked:

TB
I'm sure I have plenty of shot glasses that aren't nearly as cool. :lol:

That glass, though, is special - the perfect shot glass to make a 'Baby Guinness'. And if you can make a B-52 at home, then you already have the ingredients.
I must look for glasses like that - the Baby Guinness is a favourite shot with the ladies around here.

TB
Supper: pressure cooker teriyaki chicken stir fry with rice.

View attachment 728657

Pretty good for a first attempt.

Had a Roast Beef and fried onion sub for lunch.
Still hungry.
It's this dang thread.

Potatoes in a cream sauce with chicken and rice for dinner according to the grapevine.
No news about the liquor of the day - haven't had anything since flying with the 2 B-52s last night. But . . . there's whispers about Double Chocolate. No, not the candy. Or whatever the urban dictionary has as a meaning. Stout.

Now my Doctor Who shot glasses don't seem so special anymore. :irked:
I haven't bought a shot glass in almost 20 years but I was buying them on almost everytrip I took. Relatives started giving me some, too.

These are the more interesting of the bunch (I didn't remember having another stein :P):

20180408_194517.jpg

Note the two Canadian shooters, just for you. :D

And the more generic of the bunch:

20180408_194342.jpg

TB
I haven't bought a shot glass in almost 20 years but I was buying them on almost everytrip I took. Relatives started giving me some, too.

These are the more interesting of the bunch (I didn't remember having another stein :P):

View attachment 728658

Note the two Canadian shooters, just for you. :D

And the more generic of the bunch:

View attachment 728659

I've seen many a collection of shot glasses (my RL peers are mostly middle-aged/older couples and this - if not spoons - seems to be a 'thing' with them) but never one so colourful, pretty, and interesting as your collection. :cheers:
These must be from various parts of the world for sure.

Here's evidence of Young's Double Chocolate being broken into:

doublechoc_zpsjt1rdygf.jpg

I never heard of this combination.
My theory is that the people at Red Lobster had the munchies.

@Law93: Normally it wouldn't fill me up either, but I had a huge dinner the night before. It also comes with a salad, but at $20 (before my employee discount), it's not worth it.

Again with a gin and tonic, now with orange flower and star anise, so it was sweet and refreshing, really good actually. And the gin in question, my god. First it is 60% alchol which is a lot and you can smell it, but it sure doesn't taste like 60% because how floral it is. It's called the Blackwood's 60°, apparently a "vintage" Dry Gin (from 2012) made with herbs from the Shetland islands and a few others and destilled in Portugal.

Screenshot_20180411-221708.jpg

Dinner tonight was air fried boneless pork chops with mashed potatoes. I marinated the pork in Louisiana hot sauce. As they cooked there was a vinegary smell from the hot sauce, so I was a bit worried. But the vinegar must have cooked off because there was no hint of it. Just a nice heat.

ouyTlbp.jpg

These took 14 minutes to cook. If you don't have an air fryer, I would really recommend you take a look at them. I use mine all of the time.

(my RL peers are mostly middle-aged/older couples and this - if not spoons - seems to be a 'thing' with them)
*cough*

...cafe royale spoons...

*whistling, looks away*

Huh? What?

That Young's sure looks tasty! Is it still on shelves where you are? I can't find it or Sam Adams Juniper IPA here anymore.

As they cooked there was a vinegary smell from the hot sauce, so I was a bit worried.
The teriyaki chicken I made had a healthy amount of rice vinegar in it and I was concerned the smell and taste would stay but thankfully it all burned off in the pressure cooker.

Back