What are you Eating/Drinking?

• Thread starter Super-Supra
  • 22,262 comments
Went to the parents' house last night for some smoked pulled turkey sandwiches with Alabama white sauce.

Having a bowl of cereal this morning.

Mixed some stuff again in a blender and it is so delicious that I have a hard time not to eat everything at once.

Yesterday I attempted to make pastrami from a spare corned beef brisket flat I picked up before St Patty's Day. Had it going almost all day but couldn't get it up to the temperature I wanted before I had to leave, so I had to pull it off and put it in the fridge over night and finish it in the oven.

Not the pretty to look at (kind of ballooned up and split apart on the smoker), but it tastes awesome. Will make for some good sandwiches, etc. for lunches this week.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Not much because I don't know what to prepare.

For breakfast, I had the leftover delicious mixture from yesterday.

Last edited:
A quiche and afterwards Kefir with raisins, all sorts of berries and 100% pure, raw cacao powder.

Right now, a Cordon Bleu.

The homemade red cabbage I ate a few minutes ago is :yuck: It was the opposite of delicious.

Dinner was a spectacular "Rajas Poblanas Cremosas con Pollo" (creamy poblano strips with chicken) tortilla casserole that a neighbor brought by, and I dressed some arugula with a coriander-cumin-lime vinaigrette and toasted walnuts while it was heating through.

Currently enjoying a slice of chess pie with a Beefeater bramble.

Vermont and upstate NY make fine, pure maple syrup as well.

I know this as My family taps over 5000 sugar maples each year. (Upstate NY).

I’d never had fake syrup until I joined the Army when I was 18.
Instant boycott!!!! That stuff is pure crap.

Also, I love breakfast for dinner.

2oz Crown Royal Maple
3/4oz fresh lemon juice
3/4oz Grade A Amber maple syrup

Shake vigorously with ice and strain into an empty rocks glass with a lemon peel to garnish. Peel the lemon before squeezing and you'll get a better grip on the fruit so that you're less apt to cut yourself like I nearly did.

I call it a Saskatoon Sour. It's weird.

:lol:

Not bad--not by a long shot--but weird. It needs something, but I'm not sure what.

Homemade asparagus soup. I am a chef soup cook. :P

Wholesome spelt spaghetti with homemade spaghetti sauce. I am not a chef spaghetti sauce cook. :guilty:

Nope. I only drink vodka when mixed with soda ("pop", if you will), but I don't drink soda anymore so it's moot. The only reason I even keep vodka in the house is for cooking.

Shrimp burger with a metric crap-ton of cheese.

Last edited:
Back