What did you buy today?

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 6' started by Azure Flare, Dec 26, 2013.

1. eran0004

eran0004

That boxy era of the 1970's and 1980's is known as the folded paper era. Giorgetto Giugiaro designed many of the masterpieces of that time, among others the three I marked with bold in your list :)

HarVee and cjr3559 like this.
  2. cjr3559

cjr3559 Premium

Went on a spree yesterday on my quest to get every car in the game. It's time to accomplish this now that credits are basically free.

And as a result of an hour spent not driving, I own every car under 20,000 credits.

I also see why people might be annoyed with the stockyard. It does seem to take longer to load and save the more cars you store away. Still, I'd rather have the mild stockyard annoyance than having all menus take forever to load like GT5. But that's another topic in another thread.

3. JohnBM01

JohnBM01 Premium

After accumulating enough money clearing the Expert Level Race challenge at Indy's road course, I got myself the 1970 Chaparral 2J. I believe I had this car in Gran Turismo 4. Texas' own (based out of Midland, TX, I believe...) Chaparral is quite an unusual looking car but is still immensely powerful. I bought it because I heard of it being a powerful car to use for the Expert Indy Seasonal. As of this post, I haven't used the 2J in a race, but I do have this car in my collection to take on this race.

SteveEnforcer likes this.
  4. JohnBM01

JohnBM01 Premium

I bought the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance-winning 1952 Abarth 1500 Biposto Bertone B.A.T. 1. The unique three-headlight car is quite beautiful to look at. It isn't, however, very fast. I wanted to see the kind of three headlights all lit. So I used Special Stage Route 5, but only two of the headlights shone. The one in the center wasn't lit up. This is still a most unique car.

5. MrYasser

MrYasser

Louts Evora in Isotope Green

6. JohnBM01

JohnBM01 Premium

I know I could have gotten it for free with progress in the series, but I ended up buying the Red Bull X2014 Fan Car. The reason I bought one was mostly to attempt to compete in that time trial Seasonal around Circuito de Sierra. Another reason was because I doubt I will actually clear the Red Bull X Challenge series. Either way, this car is mine.

7. Blank_Redge

Blank_Redge

Hit the 50 mil cap again recently with the current round of Seasonals, so I bought (or re-bought) a fresh round of Red Bull Fan Cars.

8. CLowndes888

CLowndes888

Audi TT 3.2 Quattro
    Daihatsu Copen Active Top

9. SVPSkins

SVPSkins

This =)
    Autodromo Nazionale Monza_8.jpg

FosterG and Blank_Redge like this.
  10. andre_pt

andre_pt

I went on a Christmas shopping spree:

Aston Martin DB7
    Aston Martin V12 Vantage
    Aston Martin One-77
    Audi R8 LMS Audo Sport Team Phoenix
    Jaguar E-type
    Bugatti Veyron '13

11. Cowboy

Cowboy Premium

My most recent purchases were:
    1. Peugeot 905
    2. Ferrari 250 GTO Berlinetta Passo

12. Ryk

Ryk

I got the Ferrari 250 GT (Not the GTO) and the El Camino (Not a Chevelle) very close in PP scores.... but night and day in price looks and practicality.

I also picked up a Lamborghini Reventon, Fezza FXX and a Pagani Why-Rah ... Had GT6 for how long and only now I buy these cars... what a slacker!

13. CaddyKOP

CaddyKOP

I got a free Ferrari Enzo and McLaren F1 after picking up on some races I never finished in the career mode.

However, what I bought was a Volvo S60 T5 with the intent of making a Polestar replica with :D

14. notsofast

notsofast

Today I brought the McLaren MP4-12C and the Tommy Kaira ZZ-II. I really like the McLaren.

Syracuse - Night_1.jpg

AgentBlackDog likes this.
  15. Eks

Eks Premium

Today, I purchased the Weider HSV-010. This was my go-to car for GT500/700pp Seasonals back in Gran Turismo 5, specifically the A-Spec Challenge #5 (or whichever one had the 700pp Nurburgring event).

[​IMG]

Up until this point, I've used the HSV-010 15th Anniversary Edition (pictured above) for those same GT500/700pp events, as well as 600pp events (if eligible). It's got quite a bit of wear on it now, so with the purchase of the Weider HSV-010, it'll be retired to the Stockyard, where I will probably never use it again because the Stockyard takes a century and a half to load.

:tup:

16. MidnightRun85

MidnightRun85

Bought the Calsonic Impul GT-R for the GT500 seasonals. It's my first Super GT purchase in GT6 and it's a bit of a beast! :)

[​IMG]

Eks likes this.
  17. MidnightRun85

MidnightRun85

I hit 50 mil credits last night, so I went out and bought the Lamborghini Miura and three of the GT300 cars: Subaru Impreza GT300 Base, Lexus IS350 GT300 Base, and Autobacs Garaiya GT300 Base. :)

FosterG likes this.
  18. Thematic

Thematic

I was looking for no specific car but still something less powerful, when the Honda Element caught my attention.

19. NASCARGT

NASCARGT

My two most recent purchases:

Toyota Supra '88
    BMW M5 '08

I purchased the Audi Quattro '82, and the car isn't bad, but the price is a ripoff. Over 90,000 credits? Come on now. I later ended up selling it.

MidnightRun85 likes this.
  20. MidnightRun85

MidnightRun85

That M5 makes a rather tasty drift car...

I went slightly overboard on the purchases over the weekend:

One of each VGT car
    BMW M3 Coupe (a second one to try out some tune/aero fitting options, then sold it)
    Toyota 86 G Sports Concept (for paint purposes, then sold it)

Then I went slightly mad and bought every single piece of racewear you can buy, in the hope it might unlock a trophy or something. FYI, it didn't.

21. Ryk

Ryk

Another TVR V8 S

and a 4th Generation Camaro SS all the way from Canada-da-da-da

DaveMorganJr and MidnightRun85 like this.
  22. greenlightning

greenlightning

Callaway Corvette
    • Slapped on a red "flat paint" and Boyd Coddignton wheels.
    • Racing Brakes
    • Kept the stock sports hard tires.
    Took it to Red Bull Short my favorite "hot lap" track. Even in relative stock form had a lot of fun throwing the car around the track. Enough power to get loose (but very controllable). Had good time using the right amount of throttle and brake and trying to hit the corners just right. Ended up in the #5 slot for my record times i the approx 500 pp range at ~59 second lap time. Seems like a car that would enjoy spending more time in.

23. Jimmy Haight

Jimmy Haight

Most recent is the Hommell Berlinette , awesome at 450-500pp

AgentBlackDog and MidnightRun85 like this.
  24. Aggserp4

Aggserp4

A vitz, then tuned it into the ultimate racing (and tyre burning) machine.

25. davidt33

davidt33

As I had the extra money to spare, took the plunge and bought myself the 20,000,000 Cr Ferrari 330 P4 '67.
    Such an awesome looking car. Can't wait to race it. Hoping a Seasonal Race in which I can use it comes up some time. In the meantime it's added to the garage.

Cowboy, FosterG and MidnightRun85 like this.
  26. XtremeEdward

XtremeEdward (Banned)

I bought a pizza :D

MidnightRun85 and AgentBlackDog like this.
  27. Cowboy

Cowboy Premium

I actually bought the Mark IV '67 a few days ago and I must say it was well worth the purchase. I've already won a bunch of the "endurance" races with it :D. I haven't thought about the Ferrari, since I don't necessarily choose that brand as my first choice. At least you're enjoying it though, 'cause that's what counts :cheers:

davidt33 and lxmmy like this.
  28. Ryk

Ryk

Lamborghini Murceilargo - just to get a paint chip to paint my Gallardo the right colour... (No idea if I have a spelling mistake back there, "I" before "E" except after "C" but it is a Spanish word, so I guess it is an exception.)

eran0004 likes this.
  29. davidt33

davidt33

UPDATE of one week later: Had a chance to race the Ferrari 330 P4 '67 in a couple Career Mode International A races and I must say in addition to its great sleek looks I'm impressed with this car. It's very zippy with its light weight etc and handles very nicely. Wins easily against cars of similar PP and even faster than cars of a higher PP. Very pleased with the purchase. Still hoping some Seasonals come along in which to race it. Such a beaut. Wish I had bought it earlier.
    If you have some extra cash to spare it's well worth it for this prized possession.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 5, 2016
  30. Grippy

Grippy (Banned)

A second Shelby to tune just for the 480p TT seasonal. Added the wing to it for the downforce and snagged a spot in top 200 :crazy: