What did you buy today?

• Thread starter Azure Flare
  • 1,172 comments
I bought some Inters for my Alpine VGT racer... Stupid rain, Silly Rain Clouds, and the sun... that sunshine lies!

The latest cars I bought in Gran Turismo 6 are as follows:

* Volksagen Sambabus Typ 2 (T1)
In a past post in this thread, I mentioned buying two Volkswagens. I got around to buying only one from that post. But now, I have that other Volkswagen I wanted to get prior to that post- the Sambabus Typ 2 (T1). Let's face it- there is a SERIOUS cool factor in adding a whimsical, oddball bus like this to your GT6 garage. Buy up all the super-fast cars and racing machines you desire, but getting something like this bus is just awesome.

* 2013 Bugatti Veyron 16.4
I bought this car with the intent of not making it suck in cornering. If you remember doing the Super License test with the Bugatti around Ascari Full Track, you know how beautifully this car handles a challenging course like Ascari Full Track. So I ended up buying this car (all 2M Credits of it) to see if I could possibly make it a better handling car instead of a car better suited for Special Stage Route X. When I went to see paint previews of this car, the two-tone design is gone. Part of me actually wanted to make this car more like the one I have in Test Drive Unlimited 2. When I painted over that car in TDU2, the two-tone design is gone. So if I did the same here, I'd want to color it in a nice red color to coincide with my Veyron in TDU2. In case you're wondering, I call my Bugatti "Red Devil" in TDU2.

* Nissan 370Z
I honestly never hated the 370Z. It took me a bit of time to like the 350Z, but the 370Z has been a car I've liked and raced since... maybe the NFS Shift games. And so I got one in GT6 painted in that blue color.

* 1967 Toyota 2000GT
One of my all-time favorite cars, I was pleased to get myself the Toyota 2000GT. I think I actually got to see one in person once at the Houston Auto Show. Its elegance and charm are unmistakable. This car first appeared in Gran Turismo 2 granted you were lucky to see one in Toyota's Used Car lot. It could even be Race Modified in that game. This car is just amazing.

This is like "What Did You Buy Yesterday?" for this post.

Bought the 3,500,000 Abarth BAT1 with the triple headlamps and stumpy tailfins and blistering performance... Thought I'd run it in the latest seasonal but alas it didn't have the beans to do any real damage on track

B.A.T.1 '52 - 300PP - 73bhp - 870kg FR CS

and it comes with traction control and ABS, those Italians so far ahead of the game.

I may get one of the R8's today.

As silly as it sounds, I don't care for too many cars. I mainly like BMW and Audi.

Ever since I got the '07 M3, my desire to drive other vehicles aside from other BMWs has considerably dropped.

My latest big purchase... isn't all that big at all. In fact, I got myself a 1968 FIAT 500 F. Maybe since this was a Premium-type car, I wanted to enjoy a driving experience in such a tiny car. So my Azzurro Acqua Marina 500F was used to enjoy this vintage small car. I once remembered seeing a YouTube video of some Japanese lady taking a 500F around Tokyo Route 246, and somehow was able to tip this car over pounding some curbing or something like that, but that was a GT5 video if I remember. I already rolled over a Ferrari 246 Dino, so I don't want to imagine rolling over something like this FIAT.

Nice car nonetheless.

Last week I bought every Pre-1970 car in the game to compete in the MOTS GZR CAR TT AKA Geezer Club Seasonal TT Challenges. We Geezers compete with each other in a designated GZR car Stock with Oil changed, the car changes each week with increased PP so the rankings reflect our progress. There is an occasional 4th car thrown in. We then finish the ranking period with a car of choice to compete globally as normal.

Currently I am expanding this purchase to include the 1970, 1971 models as there was only a limited selection of higher PP & race cars pre-1970.

Thank You PD for the Deep Forest Race to keep up the bank account.

I added two Italian stallions to my stable.

* The first of those two cars is the 1992 Ferrari F40. While I don't hate the F40, I just never really was crazy about it all that much. I'm one of the few that like the F50 more than the F40. The Ferrari F40 is still a plenty capable car.

* The other stallion to join my stable is the 1984 Ferrari GTO. Just like the Ferrari 246 Dino, I first seen and appreciated the 288 GTO by first playing SEGA's "OutRun 2006: Coast 2 Coast." So I was pleased long ago to learn the 288 GTO would be in GT6. I would say the 288 GTO is one of my favorite '80s cars. Among Ferraris, if GT6 had it, I'd get me a Testarossa along with the 288 GTO. Anyhow, this car is a total marvel.

I got both of these cars because they are in the lineup often times during the latest Seasonal around Deep Forest with the Race of Turbo Sports. I haven't yet used either car in this Seasonal, but I may try the 288 GTO among my two latest purchases.

Went on a shopping spree.

'69 Isuzu Bellett 1600 GT-R
'73 BMW 2002 Turbo
'76 Volkswagen Golf GTI
'79 Nissan Bluebird Hardtop 1800SS (910)
'81 Isuzu Piazza XE
'82 Audi Quattro
'83 Mitsubishi Lancer EX 1800GSR IC Turbo
'90 Fiat Panda Super i.e.
'98 Mercedes-Benz SL600 (129)

Been getting into boxy styled cars lately, and the older cars commonly have that style.

I bought a couple of cars today, the Bugatti Veyron '13 is one of them. I'm not so pleased with my purchase, I should've bought me another LMP car instead. The car drives like a tank, there's not much of a joy throwing the car around corners. It is plenty fast on a straight line though, but that's to be expected for the world's fastest production car.

It is nothing real exciting if someone says they have another Skyline/GT-R to their collection, because they are seemingly a dime a dozen in the GT realm. However, I got myself another GT-R. My latest purchase is the 2012 Nissan GT-R Black edition. The reason I got one is because I normally see a GT-R high in the running order with the 550PP Race of Turbo Sports Seasonal at Deep Forest. So I decided to get myself a GT-R and see if it is any better than most of the other cars I've used previously. I gave it the Driver Number treatment while also keeping it in its Aurora Flare Blue Pearl (2P) paint. I haven't yet tested or used this car as of this post. I am pretty sure that rather than "bringing a knife to a gun fight," I brought a grenade launcher to a gun fight.

It is nothing real exciting if someone says they have another Skyline/GT-R to their collection, because they are seemingly a dime a dozen in the GT realm. However, I got myself another GT-R. My latest purchase is the 2012 Nissan GT-R Black edition. The reason I got one is because I normally see a GT-R high in the running order with the 550PP Race of Turbo Sports Seasonal at Deep Forest. So I decided to get myself a GT-R and see if it is any better than most of the other cars I've used previously. I gave it the Driver Number treatment while also keeping it in its Aurora Flare Blue Pearl (2P) paint. I haven't yet tested or used this car as of this post. I am pretty sure that rather than "bringing a knife to a gun fight," I brought a grenade launcher to a gun fight.

Did the same, different colors though. It is a very reliable winner in that event. I then became curious about the NISSAN R390 GT1 Road Car '98. which can be seen finishing mid pack in a lot of grids. I liked the lines. I tossed a generic tune into it, dressed it in Chameleon Blue, and went to grinding. The R390 is my best car in this event to date with consistent times under 5:40. I have yet to crack 5:30 but getting in range @ 5:31.351. As a bonus it is a road car.

Either car is a fine addition to your garage.

Well, I have both Nissans you mentioned. The R390 GT1 Road Car is fairly capable. All I did with that one was give it Stage 3 Engine and limit its power.

I deleted my GT6 game file to have a fresh new start of GT6.

Also anyone feel that the the intro where you drive brands hatch that it looks really nice than when you drive it in a race or is that just me?

I deleted my GT6 game file to have a fresh new start of GT6.

Also anyone feel that the the intro where you drive brands hatch that it looks really nice than when you drive it in a race or is that just me?

I think I know what you mean about Brands Hatch. Incidentally I ran the full Sierra circuit again after a month or so, and the details in the distant scenery seem more defined than I recall. Could be placebo after running the course creator Andalusia tracks for a while. Who knows...

My latest purchases were about a half dozen Skyline GT-Rs (R33's mainly) to complete my collection of all the Skylines in the game.

My most recent purchases:
  • Suzuki Escudo Pikes Peak
  • Dodge Viper GTS '02
  • Lotus Europa '68
  • Jay Leno Oldsmobile Toronado
  • RUF CTR2

I decided to give the Blue Lion some love with my two latest purchases...

* First off, I got myself a car I always thought was just a fabulous looking car since first seeing it- the 2010 Peugeot RCZ. I first recall it as a car in a License Test around London. My RCZ is in Tuanake Blue. I may go for a brighter blue in a re-paint of it.

* The other Peugeot I got was the 2010 Peugeot 908 HDi FAP Base Model. This is one of Peugeot's Le Mans-winning cars. Going with the Base Model grants me the chance to make my own custom race car with my own number and paint. Of course, I go with the number I use in a number of games- 25. A car like the 908 HDI FAP is powerful under acceleration, so you need to be careful going out of corners with it. It was a car I enjoyed using in GT5 along with the Audi R10 TDI.

There you go. Thanks for reading.

A car that blew my mind when I used it in GT5 is one of my latest purchases. I got myself the GT by Citroen Concept Car. It is just one of those machines where you just marvel in its awesome appeal. Crazy machine!

My latest purchases tapped into my inner Group B Rally fan. My Group B loving was fulfilled with two cars from one company. The cars I bought recently were the 1988 Audi Sport quattro S1 Rally Car and the 1987 Audi Sport quattro S1 Pikes Peak. I've been wanting to get these Audis for the longest. My initial intent was to do the Super Lap at Autumn Ring for race cars 1980 or later with these machines. However, I learned of some other car and basically bought these two Audis for the heck of it. I used the 1987 Audi S1 quattro Pikes Peak initially in that Super Lap. I gave up eventually as I found no conceivable way to land a time better than 64 seconds at that time around Autumn Ring using a beastly Group B car. Even still, I was glad I finally bought of these rally beasts.

This American went European with these latest purchases.

* The 1954 Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Coupe was a must-have because this is one of my all-time favorite cars. It is just a gorgeous automobile I've always loved.

* I never got to acquire the 1989 Mercedes-Benz Sauber Mercedes C9 in Gran Turismo 4. She's mine now in GT6. This thing is crazy powerful and fast for what I know. How much so I don't know.

* I have always liked the modern 2008 Ferrari California. I used it in "Test Drive Unlimited 2" to dominate one certain class of racing in that game. The California is a fine machine.

* After seeing this car several times in the GT6 demo around Circuito de Madrid, I have myself the 1973 Lancia Stratos. Lancia has made some not-so-lovely vehicles, but this is one of their hits style-wise.

* I got this car only because it drove like a dream. That car was the 1957 BMW 507 in Metallblau Metallic. This car is very lovely to look at, but I was most impressed at how easily I drove this car doing the Goodwood Festival of Speed event with it. I think I nailed Gold in my first try when I used this car. So I went ahead and bought one with the money I had in GT6.

* Finally, I got a car I loved in Gran Turismo 5 and consider it an absolutely lovely car. I added the 2009 Lotus Evora to my stable. This was a fun car to drive in GT5. While I haven't used it in GT6, I do expect to enjoy this car in this game as much as I did in GT5.

* Finally to close this post, I got a Lotus I never really liked but got anyways- the 2002 Lotus Esprit V8. The Esprit just never really interested me all that much. It isn't like I hate the car in any capacity. Just never really liked it. However, I will surely use it for any number of races should I want to send it into racing battle.

These six cars put my car count at 138. This is perfectly fine, because I felt like going crazy trying to do the 1K cars Trophy in GT5.

Besides painting my 2012 Nissan GT-R Black Edition an actual black color (Matte Black), I got myself the 2008 Lamborghini Reventon. With a little left over Credits, I got myself also the Mazda RX-7 Touring Car. I then painted it Gran Turismo Blau. After doing one more race with the 550PP Race of Turbo Sports, I then went ahead and bought the 2000 TVR Tuscan Speed 6 just to get Reflex Spice as a color.

I just got my self a freakin MIURA!!! I painted it Wien Blue (incredibly bright blue) with matching calipers. Fitted some +1" matte black torq thrusts on it and I've got my self a beautiful classic 500pp KILLER.

It really is a gorgeous machine.

Lancia Delta! Hatches doesn't get much hotter than this. Great fun on twisting course maker roads :D

delta_1.jpg

* The other stallion to join my stable is the 1984 Ferrari GTO. Just like the Ferrari 246 Dino, I first seen and appreciated the 288 GTO by first playing SEGA's "OutRun 2006: Coast 2 Coast." So I was pleased long ago to learn the 288 GTO would be in GT6. I would say the 288 GTO is one of my favorite '80s cars. Among Ferraris, if GT6 had it, I'd get me a Testarossa along with the 288 GTO. Anyhow, this car is a total marvel.

Did you gold the Sierra Time Rally event? You should have done that instead of buying it. ;)

I've wanted to get the 288 GTO for the longest. I think I got Silver in my only run with the first of the Sierra Time Trial events.

Between this post and my previous one, I bought some extra cars. I'll be back to talk about those in a future post.

The modern art masterpiece that is the BMW Z4

Now let me wash my eyes with acetone...

Public Health Warning
DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME

Please don't buy a Z4 - it will hurt your eyesight

Back