• Thread starter Azure Flare
  • 1,172 comments
One of these beauties :)

8000869308_b01d74db92_c.jpg

Nice car Nice picture too
- Remember your Miura's Owner Manual?
- No Matt Monro and No Tunnels...

Questi giorni quando vieni il belle sole

In my recent return to Gran Turismo 6, it was my goal to pick up two cars to add to my collection.

The first car I grabbed was the 2007 Ferrari FXX. The first game I got to use this car in was the PS2 version of "Ferrari Challenge Trofeo Pirelli." This was where I got to appreciate just how awesome this car is. Even though the FXX is NOT street-legal, it is listed as a "Normal Car" in GT6. Ha! This car has wicked performance and speed. I felt the need long ago to get this car maybe because of a Seasonal or something. Anyhow, I was pleased to add this to my collection.

The other car I got was the 2013 Deltawing. I knew I would be on a significant learning curve with this car. I was never a hater of DeltaWing. Even though this car won't dominate sportscar racing, this is one of the most unusual race machines to come along in a long time. I'll need more practice with the DeltaWing, but this thing can very much be as good as any other pure racing machine.

Here's a caveat... I actually got the FXX yesterday. So TECHNICALLY, today I bought the 2013 DeltaWing. Anyhow, that's what I bought *today.*

After having 750+ cars, I've kinda lost my imagination what car do I want next, so I was thinking about buying all those Miata-s.

No problem with credits since I'm maxed almost all the time, but I guess I'll spend a whole day to do a...select a car,select colour,confirm purchase, go back, select next car... x 50+ times ... dang Miatas :lol:

PS: Then I'll have to re-paint every single one to get those nice racing stripes:tup:

Today I bought:

Ford GT40 Race Car
TVR V8S
BMW M3 E46 (2004 I think that's the E46)

Great set of cars I might add
Don't spend 20 million on that Ford it's nice but not worth it. I had 50mill and thought why not

The 2012 Toyota TS030 Hybrid is the latest addition to my garage. I haven't used it, but I last remember using this car [trying] to clear that Time Trial Seasonal at Le Mans with it. One thing I didn't know about this car previously was that it was normally-aspirated. Anyhow, Toyota's first major prototype since the awesome Toyota GT-One (which I plan to get in GT6) is the latest beast in my stable.

I almost forgot... I also picked up the 2008 Volkswagen Scirocco GT24 Base Model and painted the body Rising Blue Metallic and the wheels in one of those GT chrome colors (GT JAPANESE 010-W... a gold chrome color). I still keep thinking the Scirocco is a 4WD car. The racing Scirocco is fun to drive.

Here are all the latest cars I added to my stable since my last post:

* 1999 Toyota GT-One - one of my all-time favorite race cars. Always loved this car. Haven't used it in anything in GT6, but I'll be sure to have this as one of my weapons in the races with the 700PP race car events.

* 2007 Ferrari 430 Scuderia - Great to welcome this Italian stallion to my collection. I love the F430 series.

* 2015 Nissan GT-R LM NISMO - haven't tested it or anything, but I am curious of its performance. So I picked one up and decided to add it to my garage.

* 787B Stealth Model - I decided to be adventurous and get the Stealth 787B rather than the classic orange/green/silver 787B from 1991. This car still does plenty of damage in any race it competes in.

There are still a number of race cars I want to get to my collection. So I'll just keep on going trying to rack up the needed money to get some more cars.

Here are all the latest cars I added to my stable since my last post:

* 1999 Toyota GT-One - one of my all-time favorite race cars. Always loved this car. Haven't used it in anything in GT6, but I'll be sure to have this as one of my weapons in the races with the 700PP race car events.

* 2007 Ferrari 430 Scuderia - Great to welcome this Italian stallion to my collection. I love the F430 series.

* 2015 Nissan GT-R LM NISMO - haven't tested it or anything, but I am curious of its performance. So I picked one up and decided to add it to my garage.

* 787B Stealth Model - I decided to be adventurous and get the Stealth 787B rather than the classic orange/green/silver 787B from 1991. This car still does plenty of damage in any race it competes in.

There are still a number of race cars I want to get to my collection. So I'll just keep on going trying to rack up the needed money to get some more cars.
The F430 and F430 Scuderia are freakin' awesome cars!

Two cars I bought include these...

First, I got the first-ever LMP2 in Gran Turismo history- the 2013 Nissan Zytek Z11SN Greaves Motorsport. I didn't race it, but I got this car to add to my collection.

One car I DID use, however, was the Chevrolet Chaparral 2X Vision Gran Turismo. Using Cape Ring as my test track, dang- this car makes almost any Red Bull look like child's play. I almost wanted to race Special Stage Route 7 to see how fast it can REALLY go. I knew this VGT was crazy, but I didn't know HOW crazy until giving it a test drive. Funny thing is that it could be repainted. So I went ahead and gave it some pearlescent Blue Metallic because blue and gold go great together. I almost didn't want to paint it over, but I was compelled to do so basically.

Besides these two purchases, I decided to try to upgrade my Range Rover Evoque and try to make it a viable racing machine, even if on the oddball side.

• Toyota Vitz RS '02
  • Spoon S2000 Race Car '00
  • Dodge Challenger R/T '70
  • Ford Mustang GT350 '65

Grinding Seasonals gives you a good chance to pick up cars. Here's my latest spending spree:

* Car #100 in my GT6 collection is the 1998 Nissan R390 GT1 Road Car. If you know me here on GTPlanet, you know this was the car that has eluded me in my GT5 experience. So I figured a somewhat poetic way to get my 100th car was to grab the R390 GT1 Road Car. I remember having the R390 GT1 Road Car back in the Gran Turismo 2 days. The car is a great performer, at least from some of my GT2 experiences.

* That was 100, so what's 101? I got the 2012 Lexus LFA Nürburgring Package in Matte Black. I basically bought it so I could have a proper Matte color to choose from. I do still remember actually seeing a Lexus LFA in person at the Houston Auto Show once. It is an amazing car. Any car designed to take on the brutal Nürburgring surely is worth a look-see.

* The 2001 Suzuki GSX-R/4 can surprise people when maxed out. I bought myself one to add to my collection of cars based on my past successes with this car in GT4.

* Everyone can use a 2002 Caterham Seven Fireblade in their lives. Okay, maybe not. But you still can't deny how cool this car is and its performance characteristics. Mine was painted in Caterham Racing Metallic.

* Because I wanted another beast off-roader, I decided to give the 2011 Monster Sport SX4 Base Model a chance. It does perform very well, just not as legendary (if I may use that word) as the 1998 Suzuki Escudo Pikes Peak.

* Finally... yes. I went there- I bought the Toyota PRIUS Touring Car. I then painted it Shoreline Drive Blue. This is not a car I would consider fun to drive. In fact, going through some of the corners can feel like a chore. Trial Mountain was my test course I used for this car.

So that is the latest list of cars I've bought, from #100 to #105.

Three race cars are now in my stable. Get to know them:

* I first bought the Honda CR-Z Touring Car. I always loved the Honda CR-Z for its performance and its looks. So I felt the need to get this race car after having bought the Toyota Prius Touring Car. I haven't tested the CR-Z Touring Car as of this post, but I am sure it will perform much better than the Prius Touring Car. I painted it with the beautiful Europablau Pearlescent color and painted the wheels Yellow Mica Metallic. After all, blue and gold are the official colors of a lot of my material.

* The next car I bought was the 2012 Audi R8 LMS ultra (Audi Sport Team Phoenix). This was actually a car I had previously but sold. I had a tough time trying to keep that thing on the track and handling properly. Being a second chance person, I welcomed it back to my collection of cars. I may even run it in the Suzuka Seasonal for GT3-spec cars.

* Finally, I picked up the 1985 Lotus 97T. I was two years old when the late great Ayrton Senna won his first race with this car. Heck... most of us here on GTPlanet probably weren't even born when A. Senna won with this car. I could have got the car for free by clearing that Ayrton Senna Tribute event, but since my skills aren't that good, I just ended up paying the 3M Credits to get this car from the Dealership. All I do know is that this car goes like a bat out of Hell. Incredible power and speed with this thing. There is no denying the awesomeness this car provides.

Three different race cars, three different styles, three different levels of performance, all awesome.

Today I bought a HPA Motorsport Golf, a fun car with a lot of turbo lag! I first bought this car back in GT4 and I instantly thought it was amazing for no apparent reason probably because it's a 550hp Golf

* Finally, I picked up the 1985 Lotus 97T. I was two years old when the late great Ayrton Senna won his first race with this car. Heck... most of us here on GTPlanet probably weren't even born when A. Senna won with this car. I could have got the car for free by clearing that Ayrton Senna Tribute event, but since my skills aren't that good, I just ended up paying the 3M Credits to get this car from the Dealership. All I do know is that this car goes like a bat out of Hell. Incredible power and speed with this thing. There is no denying the awesomeness this car provides.

Three different race cars, three different styles, three different levels of performance, all awesome.

Once of my fave car to drive with my G27. such an amazing feel to it once set up right.

These are more like recent purchases instead of what I got "today."

* I purchased a car that I somehow have seen as quite beautiful, and it's a Vision Gran Turismo car- the Lexus LF-LC GT "Vision Gran Turismo." Maybe I was attracted to this car with the holographic brush stroke detail on the car. I went ahead and painted the car Gran Turismo Blau. At one point, I considered painting it Matte Black. It actually does look good (to me) in either Gran Turismo Blau or Matte Black. The latter would be what most people would go for. The car emits a beautiful bluish whitecolor from its lights. If this were a proper GT car, the lights would likely be amber lights instead of its clear lights. It handles pretty well and has quite good accleration. My test track was Special Stage Route 5.

* A car that I would love to see in person is the new Honda NSX. But until the proper version comes out, I'll enjoy the 2013 Honda NSX Concept. I then painted it in Cayenne Red Metallic.

* Some people who are taken or married like to say they "married their best friend." Well, I bought my favorite-ever car in two different flavors- the 1994 McLaren F1 and the 1995 McLaren F1 GTR Race Car Base Model. I actually had the McLaren GTR Race Car previously but sold it. Repaint jobs with the GTR Race Car Base Model is a Shoreline Drive Blue body, and the wheels are Yellow Mica Metallic. The road-going McLaren F1 remains in the Base Silver I bought it in.

* Now for a trip back in time. The 1966 Shelby Cobra 427 joined my stable. I don't care if it's AC or Shelby- the Cobra is one of my all-time favorite cars.

* Finally for this post, I got an old favorite- the Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo. Infamously in Gran Turismo 5, this was the car I never thought would get me to score over 10K Drift Points in a drift event, until I got the Trophy in GT5 for 10K Drift Points or more... using this car! I now have this car for any sort of tuner car events.

That's all.

For some reason, I wanted to buy two classic Volkswagens. Since I had the 1942 VW Schwimmwagen Typ 166 in my stable, I bought the 1944 Volkswagen Kübelwagen Typ 82 to try to see what kind of performance potential it had. I remember having to race either or one of the World War II machines in those Top Gear events in Gran Turismo 5. The Kübelwagen Typ 82 handles surprisingly well when I used it around Autumn Ring Mini. Modern Kei cars and certain other mini cars would probably run circles around the Kübelwagen Typ 82, but it has very good performance. You shouldn't be looked at funny if you call this thing "fun to drive," but it really is.

Back