What is "The Ugliest" car in GT 5???

• Thread starter Hotdoguk
  • 702 comments
I can't bring myself to find a car ugly. All I see is the blood, sweat, and tears somebody put into making their vision into a reality, and all the work and time spent by engineers and craftsmen that helped them get there.

I find the whole idea of calling things ugly kind of primitive in general. It seems like a waste of time to make insults based on your own opinions, knowing that millions of people could potentially disagree with you.

Unfortunately, people designed the Fiat Multipla/Pontiac Aztek/InsertSssangyongHere. Those cars are an eyesore, and as much effort people put into doing it, in the end, it still looks bad and people are free to judge that.
Back on topic: the worst looking car in GT5 for me is the Plymouth Prowler. It's just a pet peeve of mine. I've never liked it for some reason.

Yup, the 8C 's headlamps look like freaking bug eyes ...

I agree that the headlights were a mistake. But the rest of the car looks awesome! Especially the suitcases in the back ;)

1409726_600.jpg

sevillafc43
Easy, the Peugeot 908 HDi FAP... Yuuuuck!

Audi R10 👍
I know this comment was a quarter decade before, but... ¤%@& that, both cars are awesome! :(

There's some Prius hybrid concept thing which has the body covering the rear wheels, it is the only car where I can't see anyone liking it for any reason, it's ugly and boring. At least things like the daihatsu midget can be considered "cute" to some people.

Bibbidibob
There's some Prius hybrid concept thing which has the body covering the rear wheels, it is the only car where I can't see anyone liking it for any reason, it's ugly and boring. At least things like the daihatsu midget can be considered "cute" to some people.

You mean the 1999 Honda Insight?

Not ugly.

If you mean the DLC Prius TC, then that's not ugly either, because racecar.

Hybrids like the premium Insight and Prius look good because of their cut-off Kamm-tail design.

If you want ugly, look at that godawful FWD Pontiac crossover, whatever it's called...

You mean the 1999 Honda Insight?

Not ugly.

If you mean the DLC Prius TC, then that's not ugly either, because racecar.

Hybrids like the premium Insight and Prius look good because of their cut-off Kamm-tail design.

If you want ugly, look at that godawful FWD Pontiac crossover, whatever it's called...

The once I mean is the Prius dlc touring cars, yeh it might be a race car, but it looks so......boring, doesn't look racey, I think it looks like someone went to the 50's and tried designing an image of cars in the future and did a very bad job of it, I'd rather have a new beetle, and I don't like the new beetles.

Yeh, this is my opinion, and I am mainly going on cosmetics, I just can't see anything attractive about this car. My 2 pence thoughts.

Edit: just looked at the Pontiac crossover, looks very neutral, very average car. I'd say its boring, but not ugly, like a fence, some people use them, but no one cares about them.

Last edited:
The once I mean is the Prius dlc touring cars, yeh it might be a race car, but it looks so......boring, doesn't look racey,

Ironically, I must correct you on one thing; every part of that Prius TC was aerodynamically designed. I've studied (amateur) computational fluid dynamics, I see nothing wrong with the design of that Prius TC. The biggest let-down, is the fact that it doesn't shift. Driving a car that doesn't shift is just the weirdest, stupidest feeling... I'm braking, and I'm turning, but I have no idea how fast I'm going. :ouch: :scared:

In my opinion, though, the car looks fine, as far as a purpose-built electric (?) car with no gearbox goes.

The rear wheels are covered to aid in aerodynamics:

images

car_photo_302239_25.jpg

...because when you're down on power already (come on, it's a Prius,) and you've only got 'til the end of your battery life before the car simply comes to a miserable halt, aerodynamics are important. The Jaguar proves that there's logic behind the aerodynamic principle of covering the rear wheels.

Ironically, I must correct you on one thing; every part of that Prius TC was aerodynamically designed. I've studied (amateur) computational fluid dynamics, I see nothing wrong with the design of that Prius TC. The biggest let-down, is the fact that it doesn't shift. Driving a car that doesn't shift is just the weirdest, stupidest feeling... I'm braking, and I'm turning, but I have no idea how fast I'm going. :ouch: :scared:

In my opinion, though, the car looks fine, as far as a purpose-built electric (?) car with no gearbox goes.

The rear wheels are covered to aid in aerodynamics:

images

car_photo_302239_25.jpg

...because when you're down on power already (come on, it's a Prius,) and you've only got 'til the end of your battery life before the car simply comes to a miserable halt, aerodynamics are important. The Jaguar proves that there's logic behind the aerodynamic principle of covering the rear wheels.

I understand that, and I do like the jag, I just don't think the Prius looks like it has any edge to it, the rest of the race cars look mean, and powerful, the Prius looks like its out to hug people if anything.

Imagine an army racing, everyone looking cutthroat and bloodthirsty, and then there's A big teddy bear at the end called Prius. Again, I am not going on technical specifications, I'm purely giving my opinion on what I think the ugliest car is.

I understand that, and I do like the jag, I just don't think the Prius looks like it has any edge to it, the rest of the race cars look mean, and powerful, the Prius looks like its out to hug people if anything.

Imagine an army racing, everyone looking cutthroat and bloodthirsty, and then there's A big teddy bear at the end called Prius. Again, I am not going on technical specifications, I'm purely giving my opinion on what I think the ugliest car is.

Fair enough. Good analogy by the way :P

In my honest opinion no race cars can be considered "ugly" since they have been designed that way to be as fast or efficient as possible. When you're dealing with road cars, these tend to have been deliberately styled that way for aesthetic reasons.

For me, the ugliest car would be the stock VW Sambabus '62. But when blinged out with amazing mags, it becomes attractive. In short, any ugly car with amazing mags becomes like that but not all of them do.

Also add the Tank Car, the only crap that I think is pure of ugliness, lol. And by historic car designs, one of the worst looking is the Ford Mark IV '67 racing car. The front end of that car looks funny; it's like a bug with a disability. I just don't know if I'm the only one who says that the Mark IV looks ugly.

Last edited:
In my honest opinion no race cars can be considered "ugly" since they have been designed that way to be as fast or efficient as possible. When you're dealing with road cars, these tend to have been deliberately styled that way for aesthetic reasons.

I wouldn't say that, either. The appearance of some/most street cars is highly influenced by a single purpose: form through function.

Everyone's going to have different tastes, surely. But, a lot of cars can be almost uniquely seen as "good-looking" by simply not being strange-looking, but not boring, either.

LEXUS-IS-200--2001-2005-.jpg

A completely stock Lexus IS200 looks nice, in most cases, because it's simple, and well-proportioned. Nothing looks out of place.

A lot of the design is for comfort (4 doors, luxurious interior, etc.) or fuel efficiency (no random bits sticking out, creating drag.)

It's okay to say that a car can look boring, but, the truly ugly cars, in my opinion, will always be the ones that took years to style, but still look incorrectly proportioned and wrong.

01129291990002-480.jpg

Amazing, really, how this car's attempts to do something "new" and "exciting" didn't really work out, at all. The three spoke rims are wrong, the bumper is wrong, the grills are wrong, the headlights look to be taken off of a Chrysler Crossfire (pooping dog car) with some ridiculous turn signals sticking way out.

ITCC_Andrew
Amazing, really, how this car's attempts to do something "new" and "exciting" didn't really work out, at all. The three spoke rims are wrong, the bumper is wrong, the grills are wrong, the headlights look to be taken off of a Chrysler Crossfire (pooping dog car) with some ridiculous turn signals sticking way out.

And what the heck of a car is that? If I'm not mistaken, is it a Pontiac?

I agree the car is ugly, however in terms of what it was actually trying to do it was way ahead of its time. It was really the first true "crossover SUV" in the way we think of them now. Pretty much a Ford Edge, Mazda CX-7, Toyota Venza (which is one of the ugliest cars ever made, too), or Chevy Equinox, but produced a decade before any of those were ever dreamed up. Had the car been released 3 years ago with body-colored bumpers and less ridiculous wheels, it likely would have been received well.

As it was, it actually sold very well and the owners all loved them. Probably because they were on the inside looking out, instead of the rest of us who had to look at it as they drove by.

Anyway, my vote for ugliest car in the game goes to the Prius (which is actually kind of like a mini-Aztek).

Nissan R35 GT-R TC.
This paintjob is too freaky IMO.
Agree, also the R33 TC livery looks off too. The R32 TC and R34 TC aren't much better, but at least the livery looks more like a professional race team and not like a 8 year old designed it.

Custom878
Tank car.

It's a giant metal- wait, I can't say that....

Seriously...

Thats engineering at it finest. You try to put a tank engine in a car and see how much room you got.

My opinion... The Sicons, Nissan Cube, Mazda Domino, and every other car that looks like a midget box. And barely 100 hp fully upgraded. o_0

Last edited:
Seriously...

Thats Hot Rodding at it finest. You try put a tank engine in a car and see how much room you got.

My opinion... The sicons, nissan cube, mazda domino, and every other car that looks like a midget box. And barely 100 hp fully upgraded. o_0

👍 fixed

Seriously...

Thats enineering at it finest. You try put a tank engine in a car and see how much room you got.

My opinion... The sicons, nissan cube, mazda domino, and every other car that looks like a midget box. And barely 100 hp fully upgraded. o_0

That's grammar at it's finest.

Back