What is your Proudest GT5 Accomplishment?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Chqr
  • 161 comments
  • 12,510 views

What is your Proudest GT5 Accomplishment?


  • Total voters
    301
My greatest accomplishment ?

Still playing this game, that is far away from half the promises made by Kaz and friends.
 
Other - please state below:

I am proud of posting lap times good enough to get a place on the seasonal leaderboards. :dopey:👍

Racing against drivers around the world, challenging myself & be one of the top 256 is really great.


And i was proud about my 60 gold licenses (did it with the old/hard regulars). Now it's patched to a easy rambo fest for 10 year old kids. :drool:
 
My proudest moment was when I first put in the disc and sat down at my cockpit with steering wheel and did a race for the first time. I spent about a month making the cockpit and I had never played with a wheel before. I remember laughing out loud because I was so proud that I did this.

Might sound dumb to some of you, but when I have very little mechanical ability, it is a big deal to me because I did it myself and didn't just go buy one!

p.s. also very proud of myself for taking back nascar the game before I opened it and traded for gt5. I'm still waiting to see how the patch works before I buy that game again...
 
Golding the Sebastian Vettel 'X' Challenges without crossing the pit lane line on the out-lap :sly:

Care to enlighten us on this? :)

Lol yeah sure :). It goes like the video below where you don't cross the pit lane line upon exit of the pit lane. Did it for the lols because GT5 doesn't penalise you after pit-stops if you cross it haha.

 
Getting 1000 cars is my biggest one. I'm at around 970 or so right now and it's getting tough to find new cars I don't already own plus I been working at it for months. I assume I'll get to 1000 soonish cause I'm close now so I already voted for it lol, but it will be a great day when it happens.
 
I'm going to be completely honest...
Even though it was a short GT I had so much pride in me when I seen the first ending movie, I don't know why. The great song combined with the 5 year wait for the game made me so happy I persevered with the game. That was my proudest moment, seeing an ending movie for the game I had waited for for so long.
 
Getting my Green FTO Super Touring car after a wait of 8 years :) Couldn't get it on GT3 and GT4... but finally it is on my garage :dopey:
 
Well, I lack certain accomplishment..

However, one thing that makes me happy is kicking my friends asses online, I've yet to lose to them.
 
Being able to drive reasonably fast, controlling high poweree cars, achieving that GT-R official record trophy without SRF, completing Nurb 4 hours with a competing car, finally driving the Nordschlrife properly...oh, and unlocking the sublime ending movie with that "Day to Live" song which I found so meaningful.

SO MANY THINGS I'VE IMPROVED AT AND THAT I'M PROUD OF!!! :D :D :gtpflag:
 
A clean lap at the nürb with the devilish Caterham, once you do it you can say you have felt each one the the bumps on there.
 
I don't want to sound like I'm bragging, but I did an online race today with some GT Planet members on the Nurburgring, it was a 24 minute race and I won for my class, and to be honest I thought I was gonna lose since a lot of people who join in GTP races are scary good.. So I was very happy.
 
Mine will be the X2010 vettel challenge, once I finally get around to gunning for gold, but until then I guess 60 gold licenses, idk.
 
Obtaining 20 million Cr. Not as bad now thanks to the Seasonals. :D
 
Golding that last rally challenge (Loeb and regular). A while back, but still a good memory.
 
First of all, golding races (A-spec/seasonals) with the worst car possible.

Secondary are:
- my hotlaps
- my museum, as I'm very happy to have found trustly mates to share cards with.
- in the future: completing game, museum, trophies etc withoug cheating, improve this year GT Academy position ;)

About the others:
- 60 Golds in the Licenses: mostly a matter of time, golded in some afternoons.
- Gold in the Red Bull X2010 Challenge: mostly a matter of nerves, not proud at all to have lost 5 days to gold it.
- Full 1000+ Car Garage: a matter of time, not skill.
- 20million Cr.: with seasonals, just a matter of time.
- Level 40 A-Spec: you need no skill to accomplish
- Level 40 B-Spec: you need no skill to accomplish
- A 24 Endurance Race Completed: should be a nice one, IF, you run some stints of a balanced crew. Driving 24h without stops is nothing to be proud.
 
So far it's the 24h Le Mans.
Did it in one day and 6 hours.
Needed some sleep.
 
Golding the Eiger Nordwand time trial from the Grand Tour with the old Dualshock as well as the AMG Academy Intermediate. And the 60 golds in licenses.
 
Golding everything except the 24hour races. Don't plan to do them.
 
Mine was probably leading a 5-lap race at Tsukuba in a poorly prepared (ran out of pre-race time) 350Z Z-Tune which was almost 100pp short of the limit against three other guys until the second to last corner, at which point I braked way too early for the turn because I got nervous. I don't race much online and it really shows, so I was proud to have kept them at bay for so long, without blocking anyone, they just weren't quick enough to pass me on the straight.
 
Making it to the GT Academy finals in Orlando. I came from the pc side of racing and bought GT5 with a week left in round 1. I had no prior experience with the GT series as GT5 was my first GT game. Absolutely astounded I made it that far against some of the best and most experienced GT racers in the country.
 
Golding the Vettel X2010 challenge on Suzuka. The other 2 were nice as well, but you could cheat a good deal in them. Not so on Suzuka, where you'll need 2 breathtaking laps. Although it wasn't much of a challenge in terms of controlling the car, as it's got infinite grip.

Mission 34 in GT4 was still a greater achievement I'd say. It was about getting the fantastic lap AND controlling the car which was a handful.
 
I collected every single birthday ticket, without making ANY myself. :D
 
Mine would be having 11.7million,and not spending it yet!
 
Gold on all the Expert Seasonal Races.
 
Completing Sarthe 24 hours enough times to get from 35 to 40 and then completing Nurb 24 in one day. And at level 33.

Wait what?
 
Finishing in the top 30 in my region in the GT Academy.
 
Beating a bunch of Rally Cars on Eiger K Trail with my 212HP SambaBus. Couldn't save the replay because I was kicked immediately afterwards. :grumpy:
 
Back