What is your Proudest GT5 Accomplishment?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Chqr
  • 161 comments
  • 12,510 views

What is your Proudest GT5 Accomplishment?


  • Total voters
    301
Raising my Bobs to be good drivers :D.
 
Completing the 24H Nur race with a Chaparral 2D '67. ^_^
 
Winning my first ever 100 lap online race at Daytona.

To add on to that, I crossed the line backwards after getting spun out by the guy I drafted with... :P
 
my biggest accomplishment is learning.

I've become a better, faster driver online. I'm more patient in races. I do my best to drive a clean line. If I'm really holding somebody up that has proven to be faster, I'll let them pass. I do my best to stay off slower car's bumpers.

I know alot of hacks say this is just a game. I say this, if you were in a real car, would you drive the same way? If I drive like a hack during a real life track day, I'd get beaten and kicked out of the event. So I respect online racing as if I was sitting in a real car on a real track.
 
At least it was great for me this one moment.. Online race. Starting last. 14 players. Knocked off the track twice but finished 1st :D 4 laps at Grand Valley Speedway :) Muahaha
 
my biggest accomplishment is learning.

I've become a better, faster driver online. I'm more patient in races. I do my best to drive a clean line. If I'm really holding somebody up that has proven to be faster, I'll let them pass. I do my best to stay off slower car's bumpers.

I know alot of hacks say this is just a game. I say this, if you were in a real car, would you drive the same way? If I drive like a hack during a real life track day, I'd get beaten and kicked out of the event. So I respect online racing as if I was sitting in a real car on a real track.

In fact, it's the same for me. I've been able to develop into a... well, not probably good, but decent online racer with manners. I'm still a bit impatient, but I find that it's also an easy-to-dismiss ability.
 
Running a untuned 712 HP Mustang Mach 1 with no aids on Nurburgring cleanly, tires are out of the question :P
 
In a weeks time I'll be able to select either A or B Spec level 40 because I'm gonna be grinding all week. 7 4 hour Nürb endurances to go for A and probably around 8-10 for B spec. I'm gonna be glad when I'm done with that.
 
A-Spec Level 40, this time next week :D

Thank you Seasonal Events. And possibly the 24 hours of Le Mans in the X2010 on Saturday :L
 
6 A-spec 24 hour Endurance races, aswell as being 100% complete before all the glitching and permanent double exp patch came in.
 
I have played every GT game since the word go, but until GT5 I would simply thrash my way round a track, making smoke, kicking up dust, cutting corners etc.
When GT5 was released I bought a DFGT, built a "rig" and learned some real racing techniques. I am turning my usual bronze/silvers into golds in licenses, and only have Suzuka left to gold in Vettel.
I have also been entering online races and found myself keeping pace with some of the dominant drivers, without having to resort to using an overpowered car.

All of this is very different to how I played the game say...4 months ago, and has made me a far more confident player.

I would say that my accomplishment is putting in the time, effort and patience to improve my game, and dramatically. And yes, I'm proud.👍
 
Finding a lexas is200 gt1 racecar and a nissan r390 gt1 road car (I think that's wat its called).
 
Finally got around to doing some license tests yesterday and today (been 40/40 for a couple weeks and procrastinating on doing the licenses).

Yesterday turned these to gold: IA1, 3, 4, and 5.

Today: IC3, 8, and 10!

IC3 took me the longest of any so far. Now dreading the IB slalom. Ugh.
 
Winning the Supercar seasonal Eifel race in a Nissan Primera 2.0 Ti '90
 
there are many moments, on which i'm proud of since i'm playing GT5

the little achievements:
switching from racing with aids to no aids at all ,
switch from AT to MT Transmission,

the bigger achievements:
finish le mans 24h (in a x2010 - remember it with a happy and a sad eye),
filling up the garage with 1000 unique cars,
yesterday i finaly earned the gt-r record trophy - now i love the ring :)

next bigger achievement should be Level 40 (1 to go) and then gold standard, but i hate vettel challenge so its gonna take a long time

hard to say which of these accomplishments are my proudest, lets talk again when i hit Level 40 and finished 24h on Nurburgring.
 
Beating a driver who has just set an F1 record.
 
I know it's pathetic:

winning an online race in a room full of guys who turned out to be on GTP, after being left for dead between P8 and P13 in every race the entire night. That was satisfying :)

I don't know, I rarely win online, I'm just better at time trial.
 
taming a nascar for drifting
 
My greatest accomplishment will be collecting all 71 skylines, and skyline gt-r's in the game
 
It was a 10 lap race of Grand Valley and I was in a Cusco Dunlop Impreza. I was 5.3 seconds down coming on to the final lap in 4th position but made a comeback with two overtakes and I just out-dragged the leader to the line winning by 0.164 seconds!

Beating someone by one-thousandth of a second in a kart race.

Oh, and my first divisional win in WRS where I won by 8 tenths of a second and it got be promoted.
 
1. Learning to drift with nobody teaching me

2. Dissing someone out of a lobby, who was being a complete jerk

3. Collecting all Aston Martins ( Though there are not many sadly :( )

4. Going from level 7 to level 16 in 15 minutes >_O
 
Since I love the Nordschleife ... AMG Academy all gold and GTR Official Record trophy.
 
Beating an S2000 GT1 Turbo online with my maxed out Dodge Ram. I pushed it a little too hard in the last corner (this was Rome) and hit the wall, but I still managed to outpull the (much lighter and still very powerful) GT1. It can also out-turn and out accelerate a tuned GT-R R35 if you drive it correctly.
 
All 60 gold licenses with a DS3 within a month of the game release...

Also: beat the official GT-R lap record by 2 seconds on my 2nd clean lap. (restarted a lot from pushing too hard.) The first clean lap I was off by .2xx seconds. And used a DS3 btw.
 
Struggling to beat the 7:29 on the N'ring to get the trophy

Then last night putting in a 7:31 lap, despite hitting the corner of the pit entrance - of all the corners to mess up.

This then gave me a decent ghost to aim at. And aim at it I did - put in a massive 7:24 to destroy the lap time and get me that trophy
 
unlocking the redbull x2010... phenominal challenge. have yet to gold them but what an adrenaline rush after a few laps.
 
Back