What is your Proudest GT5 Accomplishment?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Chqr
  • 161 comments
  • 12,509 views

What is your Proudest GT5 Accomplishment?


  • Total voters
    301
For some reason, all of my favored accomplishments are tied to my X2010+X2011:

800km/h - Drafting a field of 16
9h Tsukuba A-Spec - ~700 laps(?)
~2.45.xxx Nurburgring - Draft on last straight + SFR + No 24h layout
Downforce wheelie - similar to my 800km/h run)
482km/h in a Veyron - Drafting in a SSR7 lounge chasing a X2011
1st Accidental Breakout in SSR7 - Pre v1.5?
0.30.xxx in Top Gear Test Track
Indy 500 in ~3h (4h<3h)
0-60: .985 seconds - X2010 S.Vettel w/ transmission set to 420km/h
4 S.Vettel X2010s : 1 via trade, 1 via Vettel Challenge, 1 via lvl 35 B-Spec, 1 via Free X2010 "Sebastian Vettel's F1 Championship Win Celebratory Car"
 
6x24hr races, the last one done on my own in real time. Never used ingame save.
 
Actually finishing the Formula GT race on Côte d'Azur finishing first too i am useless on this track it is my Achilles’ heel but now i have beat it next is suzuka :nervous:
 
Don´t laugh, but another accomplishment, only that I´m yet to do, is to buy any of the 10 million+ cars. I´ve only own one, the XJ13, but because you get it as a prize.

For some reason, I find it very hard to grind past 5 million, which is the higher amount that I´ve had so far. The sad thing is that I´m a hardcore GT fan since its beginnings in the late 90´s, and own GT5 since release date.
 
When I first learned to drift! I couldn't go quickly round tracks, and catch a slide, but I couldn't hold a powerslide/drift if my life depended on it, but now its fun to go powersliding at the TGTT :D
 
Getting the HKS Silvia '04...A day before it came in the OCD. I love that car.
 
Don´t laugh, but another accomplishment, only that I´m yet to do, is to buy any of the 10 million+ cars. I´ve only own one, the XJ13, but because you get it as a prize.

For some reason, I find it very hard to grind past 5 million, which is the higher amount that I´ve had so far. The sad thing is that I´m a hardcore GT fan since its beginnings in the late 90´s, and own GT5 since release date.

I think I am addicted to buying cars. My proudest accomplishment (so far) is 59 golds on the licenses.
 
Outrunning a Veyron in my RX-7 on Daytona.

And I guess learning to drift and not run into a wall.
 
Won season 2 of probably the fastest GT500 online league.
 
My proudest moment has been getting the Platinum for GT5 using my trusty DualShock 3.

My saddest moment came just a 2 days ago, my GT5 save file went corrupt and 2 out of my 3 previous back-ups went corrupt also. My last back up is months old(still 40/40) but I've lost my replays/all golds on every event and 1000+ cars(still have 1230). It could be worse though, I could have nothing, thankfully that 3rd save file was good.

MAKE MULTIPLE BACK-UPS AT DIFFERENT DAYS/POINTS!
 
My proudest moment has been getting the Platinum for GT5 using my trusty DualShock 3.

My saddest moment came just a 2 days ago, my GT5 save file went corrupt and 2 out of my 3 previous back-ups went corrupt also. My last back up is months old(still 40/40) but I've lost my replays/all golds on every event and 1000+ cars(still have 1230). It could be worse though, I could have nothing, thankfully that 3rd save file was good.

MAKE MULTIPLE BACK-UPS AT DIFFERENT DAYS/POINTS!

Nice! I'd love to get Platinum, that's my goal anyhow...
 
My proudest moment is getting gold with alfa on Eiger special event.
 
Earning the Platinum trophy for me :)
 
My proudest accomplishment?

After 3 months of playing the damn game I finally found my Camaro in the Used Car Dealership, lol, almost gave me nightmares about not being able to find it.
 
Proudest achievement is teaching myself how to drift well enough to consistently place in the top 100 of the drift trials NOT using a Cerbera Speed 12. Now I own a Speed 12, it's mostly top 50s :-). Although I had a look at a few of the online full lap drift rooms the other day, those guys are different gravy. I'll stick to being able to tee up every corner thanks, cap well and truly doffed to those that can drift full lap after full lap without mistakes...

59/60 Golds in the licenses w/DS3, can I get anywhere near gold time in the FT86 slalom? Can I heck... Going to be a huge roar of relief when it finally gets done (given up on it for a while now)
 
Sorry for reactivating a old thread as I didn't want to make a new one.

But I have to say my proudest moment would have to be after my initial PS3 corrupted and died I had to start all over again. I lost everything, although was only level 25 at the time but didn't play much either as I had other things going on. In addition to that after I had lost all my cars and xp leading to me being unbothered to start again due to frustration. However, a couple of months ago I started GT5 again and now I am level 36. Doesn't sound much but just yesterday I unlocked the Sebastian Vettel challenge and managed to get gold within 4 hours after unlocking it. Probably that's the proudest moment getting gold the same day I unlocked it :)
 
Last edited:
Learning how to drift w/ G27 :D. Thanks to RSM group.

Uhm i really have no accomplishment. I really need to finish aspec and Driver test D:
 
Drive with no aids (including no ABS)
 
Drive with no aids (including no ABS)

The part in parentheses is is redundant, no aids means no aids. I do understand why you would add it though, as a number of people seem to have been attempting to redefine the term for the last couple years. I'm not sure why they feel the need to do so unless they have some sort of ego-related issue with admitting that they use any driving aid(it's nothing to be ashamed of) or they somehow find "ABS 1 only" or "no aids except ABS" to be much more tiring or painful to type than "no aids."

Not picking on you, it's just become a pet peeve of mine both on here and when joining a room titled "no aids" only to find the whole room using at least one aid.

Also, speaking of redundancy, there appear to be two of these threads now active.
 
There should be an option on the Poll for Platinum Trophy, or 100% gameplay completion, for 1 or multiple accounts.
 
I'd have to say my proudest GT5 accomplishment is something you cannot measure
(Prepare for some cheesy lines ;) )

I think the biggest achievement I have made is finding the friends I have online. Incredibly fast and clean, easy to talk to, funny as hell, and easy to learn off of. Many are GTAcademy drivers or drivers that JUST missed the cut. We have so many inside jokes and know each other's driving styles so well that it seems I couldn't have found a better group to be racing with. Not only have they made me a lot faster, but they seem like actual friends at this point and in my opinion, that matters more than any number on a screen. 👍
 
I dunno, finally got the fastest car in the game?
 
My proudest GT5 accomplishment? Tough to say right now but It would have to be my performance in the first seasonal TT that I actually tried: The Kart Space TT with the Go Karts. I would have finished 7th, but 5 people in front of me somehow discovered a glitched setup and were able to demolish the lap times of some super fast karters :ouch:
 
Getting s license. .that was pretty cool.I guess
 
Getting 11 and half hours into the Nurby 24 hour race with no crashes or impacts.

In a Gillet Vertigo
In the wet for 6 and half hours and 5 hours of dry but dark running on (mostly) Race Hards.

No driver aids (Save the tyre wear and fuel guage indicators and the Gillet® "Wheelspin-o-meter" sorry I mean the rev counter.)

Looking forward to the sunrise and the next 12 and half hours of hard running. (Unless I stuff it up and leave the track in a blaze of Carbon fibre and Frites with mayonaise! (Sponsored by McDonalds...)
 
I'd have to say my proudest GT5 accomplishment is something you cannot measure
(Prepare for some cheesy lines ;) )

I think the biggest achievement I have made is finding the friends I have online. Incredibly fast and clean, easy to talk to, funny as hell, and easy to learn off of. Many are GTAcademy drivers or drivers that JUST missed the cut. We have so many inside jokes and know each other's driving styles so well that it seems I couldn't have found a better group to be racing with. Not only have they made me a lot faster, but they seem like actual friends at this point and in my opinion, that matters more than any number on a screen. 👍

I know what you mean. I made a group of friends in project Gotham racing 3 on xbox way back in 2007. We are still great friends to this day. We all have each others cell phones numbers and addresses. We send Christmas cards, birthday presents and get well soon cards. I would consider those 4 guys closer friends than my best real life friends.

My greatest accomplishment was when I ditched the xbox and bought a ps3 with only gt5. I like ps3 way better than xbox and I'm glad I made the switch. So glad about it that I actually ordered an Obutto ozone cockpit, G27 and 24" monitor to heighten the experience.
 
My accomplishment: AMG Academy advanced challenge: Went back to the last event (full circuit) and knocked 30 seconds off from my previous record set 2 years ago. Did that on the first lap. I blew away the gold, too.
 
Back