What is your Proudest GT5 Accomplishment?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Chqr
  • 161 comments
  • 12,509 views

What is your Proudest GT5 Accomplishment?


  • Total voters
    301
According to the list, I have no accomplishments!

I remember golding the Intermediate Top Gear challenge in the Lotus, finally wrestling it through 2 laps avoiding the moving roadblocks despite the car being fitted with 4 blocks of ice rather than rubber :D

Hats off to you. After trying most everything the game has to offer I put this challenge a t the top as the most frustrating and annoying thing in the game.
 
SoCal Senator
Finally got around to doing some license tests yesterday and today (been 40/40 for a couple weeks and procrastinating on doing the licenses).

Yesterday turned these to gold: IA1, 3, 4, and 5.

Today: IC3, 8, and 10!

IC3 took me the longest of any so far. Now dreading the IB slalom. Ugh.

UPDATE: All 60 licenses gold as of last weekend. That slalom in IB is inhuman.

I can see a speck of light at the end of the proverbial Platinum tunnel now.
 
Wedge598
Hats off to you. After trying most everything the game has to offer I put this challenge a t the top as the most frustrating and annoying thing in the game.

Agree 110%.

Funny thing, yesterday I saw not one but 2 Elise's here in LA. Then I thought of the Top Gear challenge, and threw a big rock at each one of them!
 
golden vettel challenge with ds3, monza before sensitivity patch.
 
obtained the penniless trophy at level 34 :D

Same here! Got the trophy when I was at level 34. Other accomplishments... well, I did bronze the Vettel Challenge with my DS3, got some very rare cars, had so much fun with GT5... but no specific thing to be proud of. Maybe, two things I really love: the Grand Tour at the Special Events was great, did it a few times just because of the great films and atmosphere. Wish PD would had made more of these events!
Second thing, I'm sometimes really proud when I look at the distance I've driven overall. I'm at about 25,000 km. I know that's not that much compared to some other people playing the game, but for me, it's a proof that I enjoy GT5. Imagine driving 25,000 km in real life in a car. Than you know what I mean - you wouldn't do it in a car that you don't like, would you?
 
Snapping the disk in half and mailing it back to PD.
 
60 gold licences was incredibly easy. i was disappointed when i did it, because it seemed to easy.

now, when i noticed the nissan R92C i nthe used car district and realised i needed to make 2 million in 3 game days and managed it (thankyou seasonals), that was good.
 
ELISE conquered! Oh my God the joy floweth over when I passed that leader on the turn after Chicago. After that I was white knuckling it thinking don't screw up or hit a solid red cone!

Changing the brake bias was key on the DFGT--F3 R1. TC 4, steering strong, ABS 3. At least it was somewhat controllable, made all the difference.

Now on to the Grand Tour.
 
Winning 6 time in a row in an online clean races, which is rarely happen to me. :D
 
1500 cars. Every single standard car and multiple copies or almost every race car. Also recently I finally learned how to drive in manual.
 
Learning to love the Ring and le Sarthe, used to hate those in GT:PSP, but now I love both.

Also learning how to rally while in the cockpit and manual shifting.
 
Golding all the x2010 Pre controller sensitivity patch on a DS3 (Possible world first who knows ;).)

O and National finalist at GT Academy :).

^ Probably the greatest achievement on this thread!

Getting bronze in the Vettel challenges with DS3 controller pre-patch is mine. Gold though, that's insane! There is nothing harder in this game.
 
Golding S.Vettel challenge using sixaxis and getting GT5 Platinum trophy.
 
Being the only guy in my friends list to not have any bronze trophies in the license tests and only have silver and gold trophies. Now I just have to turn those silvers into golds. :yuck:
 
Golding Suzuka course in the redbull challenge with the D3S, Hats off to the guys who golded it before prepatch
 
Winning 7 online kart races in a row.
Winning 5 online FGT Indy races in a row.
Winning 7 out of 8 online NASCAR races.
 
It was a tough decision between Golding all licences and Golding the X2010, I was very proud off golding all licences as I was never able to do it when I was younger, but now I have a steering wheel and know how to drive better I was able to do it, and if I'm honest it wasn't too hard, which is why I voted for golding the X2010 challenge.

Golding the X2010 challenge has got to be one of the hardest things I have ever done in a game, my arms flew up in the air and an almighty YESS was shouted :lol:
 
Getting my first Le Mans car-CHECK
Taming my first Le Mans car-CHECK
Getting the X2010-CHECK
Level 40-IN PROGRESS
Golding Vettell Challenge-POSTPONED INDEFINITELY
Buying My First $20,000,000 Car-IN PROGRESS
Clean Lap on The Nurburgring-IN PROGRESS
 
I voted golding the Vettel challenges, with a DS3, twice. Once I win some 24 hour races that'll be my finest moment.
 
For me it is getting all gold in the licence tests. After this it will be the completion of a 24hr race. I will never pass the Vettel Challenges as I cannot stand the X2010 / X2011 as they feel so odd to drive.

Although not an achievement, purchasing the Peugeot 908 HDi FAP is a huge stand-out moment in GT5 for me as it is such an incredible machine and easily my most travelled. Love it!
 
Not really an in game achievement but my proudest thing I've accomplished in GT5 is being considered one of the best drag racers in GT5. I'm not the best but I've been very competitve with the best of the best =P
 
Its a tie between owning 98% of the cars in GT4, and winning 24 hours of nurbürgring in a 89' 300zx on GT5.
 
Getting clean (no tires off track, I love clean replays) round the nordschleife in a stock Yellowbird. I'm still strugling around 8:10, but I'm getting faster and I'm aiming for the 8:05 Yellowbird record.

edit: G27 with h-shifter of course :)
 
Last edited:
I wish I could change my vote from nothing to golds in the X2010. :guilty:
 
I don't really feel like I have accomplished anything in any videotape to be quite honest, but I did feel good after I win some challenging online races.
 
Although the 60 golds in the license test was nice, I found getting the trophy for the official GTR lap record trophy my most proud accomplishment.👍
 
I don´t know... I´m not too competitive. I rather enjoy the game.

But I would say completing 3 clean laps at the nurburgring (24h version), with rain, cockpit view, using DS3 with no assists at all(I use the two sticks, of course), and no ABS. Using a Peugeot 908 with almost 900HP. It was done in the Dream Car Championship, and I won the race, of course.

I know that most will say it´s nothing, but I felt accomplished. Even for experienced DS3 users like me, it´s not easy to get a good lap in this track with this conditions and car type. Plus, add the fact that the 908 has a noticeably poor visibility in cockpit view, and when raining heavily, you can only guess what´s a couple of feet in front of you.
 
I would have to say grinding to get my F1 '10 car. At 10,000,000 credits, it took forever
 
Back