What licence do you currently have??

• Thread starter HABSFAN
  • 79 comments

What licence do u currently have?? (BE HONEST!!)

• S Licence

Votes: 63 84.0%
  • International A

Votes: 8 10.7%
  • Below International A

Votes: 6 8.0%

• Total voters
I got S and did it with 3 kiddies and 2 golds! Now I got the event generator. You know what that is for? When you win all of your preset races and there is nothing left to do. Then use the Generator to make up new races for ya and prizes. :car:
Troy

Originally posted by troylawson
I got S and did it with 3 kiddies and 2 golds! Now I got the event generator. You know what that is for? When you win all of your preset races and there is nothing left to do. Then use the Generator to make up new races for ya and prizes. :car:
Troy

You mean make up actual tracks to race on? Cool :D

Originally posted by troylawson
That's right, Joe! I am not sure it is new tracks, though just new events, series, etc. I am still experimenting. :cool:

Looks like I'll have to finish my S license too, to play with that feature. Post what you find out. :cheers:

Once I own the Viper in GT2 then I will continue on. I have .93% completion, but 95% win percentage. I also beefed up my Supra with a stage 2 turbo and full custom tranny and suspension. It won't be long. I can taste it now. How close are you Joe? You said you need to get your S but what is your win and completion percentages? This is how I defeated (not yet but 45%) GT3. But there are obsticles in my way for GT2. They are the one-race cars.
That won't matter though, I am determined and I do not give up. :D :sleep: :embarrassed: :P

Does anyone else know about the Event Generator? :confused:

I just got my Super License today...finally! :D

The Event Synthesizer isn't as good as I expected. I thought it'd make a championship kinda thing (like the GT300 & 500 championhips), not just one race. :grumpy: I reckon the Polyphony should've put Hi Resolution Mode in instead of the Event Synthesizer.

I've bought GT2 a couple of days ago and i am working on the licenses. But i am trying to get all gold, so i'm not going very fast through the tests. Sofar i got all golds on B and A license. Now i am a little bit stuck on IC4. Just need 0.019 seconds to my next gold.

I am not trying to brag but I have all golds (60) . took a while saved the hardest replays on mem card , all of the rally tests I got gold the first time (ahh , too easy)

I've got all the licenses, but the only golds I have are in the rally test, and the lap time test. I was lucky enough to get those few golds on the first try, since I have an extreme dislike for those test, and only bothered with them so I could race anywere I wanted.

Oh yea, the event generator will NOT allow you to make your own tracks, or races. It only generates random tracks,w/random direction, and mostly normal cars based on your cars hp. The [R]shelby coup is the only race modified car that shows up. The only options you have are the car you wish to use and the difficulty level (easy,hard, etc...)

Oh yea (again), Ya do'nt win any cars for it either :mad:

The Event Synthesizer/Generator (what ever you want to call it :D) isn't the greatest. The only time all be visting there again is when I've done every race including all the events at the car dealers. Done all the rallys, endurance races and all of the Gran Turismo Races. Just got the Special Events to go. Who knows how to get the Tuscan Speed 6 so I can do the event at TVR. I had it before, but once I got the Speed 12, sold it. Can't find it now. :(

Speed 6 is at Pure Sports (lineup 3) at Trial MTN. Got all licenses on one page of my memory card. The last three games I've only bothered to try the golds of the B license. Love my Spoon S2000:D
The best way that I've found to make cash quick at the beginning of the game is to work thru the license tests and then take the S2000 and beat the "muscle" cars at the muscle car cup and sell off the cars. Then go to 80's sport cup, Race at Tahiti rd twice. Sell one of the [R] R30 Skylines and you should have 250,000 cr + the winner's purse for 5 races.

Originally posted by Gil
The best way that I've found to make cash quick at the beginning of the game is to work thru the license tests and then take the S2000 and beat the "muscle" cars at the muscle car cup and sell off the cars. Then go to 80's sport cup, Race at Tahiti rd twice. Sell one of the [R] R30 Skylines and you should have 250,000 cr + the winner's purse for 5 races.

Gil,

Assuming you've got the Spoon S2000 B-Gold prize car and the original $10,000 starting cash, it's easy enough to win $1,000,000 in *3* races:

1) Take the Spoon to '80s Sports Cup/Tahiti and win. If you have trouble here, use a bit of your $10,000 starting capital to hot up the Spoon a touch.

2) Take the [R] R30 Skyline Silhouette prize car, and win the GT Super Stars/Red Rock twice, selling off the Speed-12 prize car each time. If you haven't raced the R30 at Red Rock much you might want to run a few practice laps first - there are a couple of corners where it *really* wants to swap ends. If you have a lot of trouble try setting up the R30 with super soft slicks (they're included) and being a bit less agressive with the throttle in the particularly nasty corners. You'll finish this set with a touch in excess of $1,100,000.

I've done this several times - it's quite do-able. Try it yourself and let me know how you do...

GKP

Thread bumping, Parnelli?

But seriously, about 73.97% of us who voted at this moment do. I have almost all gold, too, except for the Viper GTS-R Oreca at Laguna Seca and the final exam.

I think pretty much anyone who have played the game this long SHOULD have the Super license. I mean, if you've played this game this many years and you still can't pass the test, I don't know what to say :scared:. I've gotten all golds myself, but I'm yearning for more challenge now *sigh*.

I know. I like bumping threads if I feel they deserve it, call me crazy. I'm just trying to see how many people here are S-license material. Not everyone who stops by here made it that far, ya know.

Last edited:
I know. I like bumping threads if i feel they deserve it, call me crazy. I'm just trying to see how many people here are S-license material. Not eveyone who stops by here made it that far, ya know.

Yup, like me :indiff: Despite all my races I do, Ive never got round to doing the S lisence. Then again, I havent done it yet since i came back to GT2 about a year ago, I think Id have a decent shot at it now. In the old days, I was the worst kind of GT player...the dreaded OVERKILLER :crazy: Now I think I could do it. Its funny, I never went for gold on all the lisence tests, I just found them a pain in the arse - I just passed them and moved on. I prefer racing against other cars, not the clock 💡

Good one. And sometimes, it can be a tougher opponent.

I think the fact that the S License cannot be used for anything (other than the Event Generator, I believe) would be the real reason anybody doesn't have it. That was solved with the introduction of F1 cars in GT3, but more problems arose from that.

Last edited:
S License for me. I remember the first time through the game, I was really happy after I got my I-A license, thinking "Finally, I'm finished." Then I saw that little yellow arrow....

Years and years later, I've golded them all. Only have about 11 silvers overall and no bronzes IIRC.

Well don't feel bad. I got all licenses but I only golded B thru I-B. I only golded a handful of I-A licenses. :(

As for the S licenses, I found them easier than I-A because I was so used to driving full courses all the time anyways. The only one I never golded was the Alfa Romeo 155 TC at Rome Nite, and since I wasn't very experienced with Rome Nite, I hit a wall. The wall of shame! :banghead:

. For me to finally gold this one, I would have had to buy the 155, and do plenty of practice runs. But SOMEDAY I'll do it! 💡

Last edited:
My main motive for golding the tests was that I've run out of competitive races to enter. "If the AI is too easy for you, then it's time to beat the clock." was my thought back then. So I did, but now I'm really left challenge-less. I dreamt GT2 had online capabilities but it looks like my dream will just have to be a dream. Now that I think of it, it's better if I haven't golded some of the tests. That way, I'll always have a challenge to look forward to everytime I fire up GT2.

Well if you've run out of challenges, MAKE a challenge....do what me and Parnelli do, and enter races in ridiculously outclassed cars and somehow win :) OR, what I like doing, is recreating the 1 lap magic competition from GT4, enter in an OVERKILLER car, but give the field an enourmous head start - works well if you use the 155 touring car in the 155/156 meeting and give them a decent head start, I cant remember how much off the top of my head though.

Back