What licence do you currently have??

• Thread starter HABSFAN
  • 79 comments

What licence do u currently have?? (BE HONEST!!)

• S Licence

Votes: 63 84.0%
  • International A

Votes: 8 10.7%
  • Below International A

Votes: 6 8.0%

• Total voters
Well if you've run out of challenges, MAKE a challenge....do what me and Parnelli do, and enter races in ridiculously outclassed cars and somehow win :) OR, what I like doing, is recreating the 1 lap magic competition from GT4, enter in an OVERKILLER car, but give the field an enourmous head start - works well if you use the 155 touring car in the 155/156 meeting and give them a decent head start, I cant remember how much off the top of my head though.

:) hee hee, you dont gotta tell LeGeNd-1 all this; he's proven himself plenty. :) Right LeGeNd-1? :cheers:

I just fired up GT2 again for the first time in forever, and looked at the tests I still need to gold.

The list:
A-2, 3, 4, 9 (possibly 'cause it won't load... OLD disc), 10 (ditto)
I-C- 4, 5, 8, 9, 10
I-A- 3 (my personal M34; have never even gotten close)

Last edited:
I did do insane races in underpowered cars:
- Kei vs muscles
- Rally cars vs GT All-Stars/GT World Cup crowd
- GT300 vs GT500 cars
- Doing manufacturers races completely stock
- Non Cultus/Escudo cars vs Cultus/Escudo at Pikes Peak
- Trying to win Enduroes with muscle cars (if opponent is non-RM) or with BP Trueno (if opponent is RMed)
- 1 lap arcade races giving the opponent 40 secs headstart
- Trying to get around every track in under a minute

But even all this starts to get boring after sometime. I want to race against a competitive human being, not some deadpan computer programmed AI :mad:. Maybe I should get PS2 and GT3 & GT4, but I'm afraid it'll interfere with my studies.

ty00123: That's a long list you need to get through there. Good luck with those:tup:. You'll get them all one day :).

Last time I restarted my game I got all the licenses as well, and gold in about half the tests before I got tired of it and went back to racing. The rest were silver and 3 or 4 bronze as well.

Gonna bump this.

I'm only just going through it again after years.

IC-4 is absolutely ****ing evil!

The Camaro and the blind turns thing. No problems passing the thing, but I cannot get Gold no matter how many times I try and copy the demonstration. Closest I've ever been is 20.204, and when I got that I was ready to through my trusty PS1 out of the window.

It's been driving me crazy for what....9 years now?

EDIT - WOW, ****ing hell I did it. 20.097, no idea how I managed it but it was the perfect license test.

Now to see IC-9. Even more ****ing evil, cannot get anywhere near gold. Need 20.150, can only get 20.206...no idea where I can go faster.

Last edited:
Gonna bump this.

The Camaro and the blind turns thing. No problems passing the thing, but I cannot get Gold no matter how many times I try and copy the demonstration. Closest I've ever been is 20.204, and when I got that I was ready to through my trusty PS1 out of the window.

EDIT - WOW, ****ing hell I did it. 20.097, no idea how I managed it but it was the perfect license test.

Now to see IC-9. Even more ****ing evil, cannot get anywhere near gold. Need 20.150, can only get 20.206...no idea where I can go faster.

Yup, that's a toughie. :guilty:

Gonna bump this.

You're not alone,matey
I get half of my licenses in silver.I usually get the gold in things that i hate a lot(rally & slalom normally),how weird...
Do someone have this thing happened,once?

License S, all gold (for the prize cars) It took my brother and me 1 month of gaming to finish all 6 licenses on gold
Matherto, the Camaro test was a very pathetic experiece too........
But worst of all was the NSX test in the international A license.. We started with the I A license (because we figured there would be an awesome car awaiting us at the end), so we did all the tests except the Apricot Hill NSX run. Aftere that we completed all licenses and finally finished the Apricot.....

I just started playing GT2 again on my PS3. It took me about 3 hours to get all the licenses. Not all golds, but still fast.

Update on IC-9.

20.150 to get gold.

I've just got 20.159...

I'm gonna kill someone or something in a minute.

EDIT - ARGH! Dead on 20.150 = Silver!?? WTF!?
EDIT2 - **** YES! 20.131.....now I'm going lying down for a bit...****ing Alfa 156...

Last edited:
Update on IC-9.

20.150 to get gold.

I've just got 20.159...

EDIT2 - **** YES! 20.131.....now I'm going lying down for a bit...****ing Alfa 156...

..easy there big boy........:lol:

Matherto said

Update on IC-9.

20.150 to get gold.

I've just got 20.159...

Hi I was around when GT2 was the current version
That's a great time for IC-9
When I was doing these licences "wallriding" was OK, but maybe it isn't now.
Anyway, with "wallriding", I had a time of 19.494

John Rose

MOst of the members who show up here nowadays frown on wall-riding. We're a bunch of car nuts and whatnot here, lol.

Parnelli Bone said

MOst of the members who show up here nowadays frown on wall-riding. We're a bunch of car nuts and whatnot here, lol.

I think about 10 of the GT2 Licence times are faster with wallriding.

There was plenty of discussion about it before - but it was OK on racine-line.
But when GT3 came out, there was a vote and wallriding was banned

John

Parnelli Bone said

I think about 10 of the GT2 Licence times are faster with wallriding.

There was plenty of discussion about it before - but it was OK on racine-line.
But when GT3 came out, there was a vote and wallriding was banned

John

It's a matter of sticking to reality versus whatever reality the game offers. Personally, I and most others here (I think I can speak for most others who regularly post here, anyways) look down on wall-riding. Yes, this is a videogame, and yes PD doesn't simulate damage so it's possible to wall-ride, bang other cars off-course, etc. But if you're trying to get a semi-realistic replay, or trying to perfect your driving via proper racing lines, you're using more skill than you are if you drive badly.

Interesting discussion, this is...

Last edited:
Bronzed most of them, silvered some, and golded a few on a quick run through all the way to the super. Im having trouble saving with the ps2 so Ill be doing this exercise again sometime soon. :rolleyes:

Wallriding is not cool. Would you wallride in your daily driver?

Back