What's the hardest event in GT history?

• Thread starter SCER
  • 431 comments

Which is hardest?

• Total voters
Driving Missions in GT4.

Hey, no laughing. When I still had my PS2 I was completely unable to finish those '1 Lap Magic' events :C I'd probably be able to do them now that I know a bit more how the cars behave though :lol:

Honestly that one license test in GT5 where you have to stop in the rain without ABS was the only event I've done so far that was too hard for me to gold. I even tried ramming the wall at the end to try and slow down faster but I was still stuck at silver.

I'll try my hand at mission 34 in GT4 later and see if that gives me more problems.

Honestly that one license test in GT5 where you have to stop in the rain without ABS was the only event I've done so far that was too hard for me to gold. I even tried ramming the wall at the end to try and slow down faster but I was still stuck at silver.

I'll try my hand at mission 34 in GT4 later and see if that gives me more problems.

It will, I promise! :lol:

4. Super License, Test 2 - Ford GT40 on Seattle - GT2

Oh crap, I remember this one :). It was a real challenge ... but I think it was in GT3, if I'm not mistaken. Those uphill jumps were the problem for me...

As far as I can say, the Vettel races in GT5 are without the doubt the hardest ones. That new - Lotus in Senna Challenge was nowhere nearly that hard for me.

Also I find this funny:

Cb
Driving the Dodge Viper in GT 3

I reply with my short clip (drivin through first corner with no movement of wheel):
It was a fun car to drive, you just had to manhandle it. I loved it!

Last edited:
The most difficult events in GT's history are without a shadow of a doubt the GT Academy time trials. No, it's not that difficult to get gold on them, far from it, but it is almost impossibly difficult to get the number 1 spot in your country (even harder to get P1 in the world). Getting in the top 10 is insanely hard, while even getting in the top 100 is out of reach for most.

Same goes for the time trials in GT5 Prologue, getting on the leader boards was very hard.

I got 100% in 3,4 and 6 but couldn't even come close in GT5 thanks to that ridiculous Red bull...thankfully the Red bull challenges in GT6 were doable. Having said that, is there any way to add a poll to this thread...it'd be cool to see what the masses think?

Do you guys remember the one you were just making circles around a wall? Was it in GT1 or GT2? Also I remember when I was little I struggled with the ones you were going left and right to avoid the cones or something, I think it was GT2.

Mission 34 was horrible. I struggle on the Nurb at the best of times, but I always came across an AI at the wrong moment. Queue big crash or losing loads of time slamming on the brakes and a 2 minute wait to start again!

I struggled to get Bronze on some of the Vettel challenges in GT5, although I eventually got a gold and two silvers.

One that I really, really struggled with, was the driving mission in GT4 with the Peugeot 206 Rally Car at Opera. It took at least 6 months to do, then a further 2 months after I had to play the game again because my save corrupted!

A Poll would be nice!:D
If you take all the suggestions in this thread, there are'nt more than about 8 different alternatives. Most people seems to agree that its either Mission 34 or Redbull X challenges tho...

Some of the Goodwood events were annoying. Can't remember which car maybe the Mercedes just missing the first corner over and over.

There's also one of the Licenses in GT 2 or 3. I remember driving a rear wheel driven sports car with a lot of horsepower on a wet track with my stick, don't remember the exactly event.
I spend hours and hours every night trying to gold it, but after a while I decided to skip it

I don't remember this mission 34 at all for some reason. I know it was a catch up style event we've now become accustomed to but why was it so tough? Handling of the car? Understeer physics in general? Just had to be so damn fast?

Has to be the S. Vettel X events of GT5. Ridiculously fast car and driving it with stock settings was a pain to drive.

I don't remember this mission 34 at all for some reason. I know it was a catch up style event we've now become accustomed to but why was it so tough? Handling of the car? Understeer physics in general? Just had to be so damn fast?

A 2 minute wait at the start, a car that didn't like the tyres it was using and was also fast and slightly heavy.

Add into the mix that this all took place at the Green Hell then you have one very frustrating cocktail of, wait 2 minutes, start, balls up and restart. Rinse and repeat.

Last edited:
3. Senna challenges in GT6. I've only just started. (people have beaten it with DS3 right? any tips?)

I've quoted a couple of very useful posts from there, but the track map hasn't copied so you may want to check this thread out for tips on driving the Lotus 👍.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/cant-get-silver-on-senna-brands-hatch.310376/

Not trying to offend at all, but to get a silver or gold time in this car you do need to work on your driving. To get a halfway decent time on Brands out of the Lotus you need to;

Keep the revs in the mid range in corners - A good example, in turn 2/Druids, a good exit and launch into Graham Hill Bend at the bottom of the hill is crucial, but dropping into 2nd gear leaves the car in the peaky rev range and more prone to wheelspin on exit. Keeping the car in 3rd means that at the apex speed you're in a decent part of the rev range and the turbo lag means that when you do get on the throttle there is enough of a gap between gaining speed and REALLY gaining speed that you lessen the wheelspin.Don't underestimate the cornering ability - the Lotus is a little bit clumsy at slow speed in it's Senna Time Trial setup, but that fades away as the downforce builds up. Graham Hill Bend is a full throttle bend, Hawthorns can be taken at 125mph+, and if you're smooth enough and work out the best turn-in points, Westfield and Dingle Dell/Sheene curves are 90+mph too.Brakes - Remember you can't dive into every corner, it upsets the car and with 1000 turbo-laggy horsepowers behind you, upsetting the car's balance is not what you want to do. Surtees is the best example. It's a very long corner that comes right after you've hit 180mph+ on the short straight after Graham Hill Bend. I brake before the first brake marker on the right hand side, where in other cars I might trail brake much later into the corner. The Lotus doesn't like that and you then waste time wrestling the car rather than hitting an earlier apex and getting it straightened up and on full throttle. The faster you are out of this corner, the faster you are down the hill and the more downforce you carry when turning into Hawthorns etc etc. It's a chain reaction.Concentrate on the slow corners first - That is where most of your time is hiding, especially in a turbo car like this. There's a lot to be found in the faster stuff as well, but that's more easily attained than the time you can find in Druids, Surtees, Stirlings and even Clark Curve.

Paddock Hill - Position the car in the middle of the track and brake down to around 115-120 mph and downshift to 4th gear (tried 3rd at first, but I think 4th works better here), coast through, half throttle from the apex until you straighten out the car and full throttle just before you hit the exit curbs.

Druids - Brake just before the shadow that crosses the track, down to 2nd and hold halfish throttle through the corner trying to keep as tight a line as possible. Tighten your exit to set yourself up for G.Hill.

Graham Hill Bend - Don't lift. Power through.

Surtees - Brake down to 3rd gear and start your entry into the corner into the middle of the track, tightening your line to take a late apex and then open things up for the exit. Full throttle as soon as the car is straight.

Hawthorn - Brake and downshift to 4th, coast for a second or so and then immediately full throttle about half way through the corner. Your speed shouldn't drop below 135-140 mph in this corner. The downforce will keep the car planted on exit.

Westfield - Another 4th gear corner. Brake exactly halfway between the two white braking signs, half throttle as you run your inside wheel over the curbs and then immedaite full power as you come off the curb. This is another corner where the downforce will help with your exit if you commit.

Sheene's - Another 4th gear corner. Just brake hard starting about halfway between the two white markers, turn in and ease in the throttle as you straighten the car on exit.

Stirling's - Brake down to third at the last white braking sign, run the car at about 80% throttle through the corner, full throttle as you straighten the car out. Important to kiss the inside curbs with an early apex.

Clearways/Clark - Brake at the end of the shadow, down to third and let the car run to the apex with minimal throttle imput, then full throttle. The front will get light, but that's ok, you can control it. Don't get lazy and keep steering the car through the curved straight.

The problem with the rally challeges are really the less than realistic physics where unlike reality, you really need to keep sliding to an absolute minimum. That's what I remember anyway.

The problem with the rally challeges are really the less than realistic physics where unlike reality, you really need to keep sliding to an absolute minimum. That's what I remember anyway.

I never keep my sliding to a minimum while rally racing. I always get better times sliding around. Only place i don't slide around is on a straight, if im turning im probably slidding

As many have mentioned the driving mission 34, is what that stands out for me. Probably because I spent countless of hours on trying to gold it. Never did :nervous: A 1,5 second behind was the closest.

I don't remember so much from GT1 - GT3, but was missig gold on two lisences from GT3. Don't remember which ones.

In GT5 I didn't do any of the Redbulls. Tried the first one and thought: no way...

No, only real prerequisite was to know entire layout of Nordschelife perfectly and utilise the car in appropriate way. People were mainly in trouble because they didn't actually know Nurburgring.

If many would try it today once they know the track, it would be much, much easier.

No, only real prerequisite was to know entire layout of Nordschelife perfectly and utilise the car in appropriate way. People were mainly in trouble because they didn't actually know Nurburgring.

If many would try it today once they know the track, it would be much, much easier.

Disagree, the car was equipped with bald tires and loose lugnuts. It was virtually impossible, but alas I'll pull out my PS2 and give it another try. It's been a while since my last frustration episode...

Back