What's the worst handling car in GT6?

Thanks :) The hardest part is to keep control of myself of not overdoing the car when braking or throttling out of corner. It demands patience and to know what's the limit that the car / tire can handle, then stay on that thin line. We often expect much higher than what the car can actually do, it's good to imagine/visualize what sort of speed the car could do IRL when fitted with certain tires. When we expect a car to be balanced, well mannered and easy to push at the limit, then we may have forgot that there's no such thing IRL, all cars requires attention, patience and driving time to know it's intricacies, it's weakness and it's forte.

When we drive RR cars, we should respect it and treat it like a car with big weight at the rear end, then make use of the abundant traction it has. Drive a FF car, then make sure don't push the front wheels beyond it's meager limit compared to other layout. The front wheel needs to steer and pull forward, add to that, the front heavy balance :) Some cars prefer earlier braking, some prefer late exit, some can easily be thrown around and be stable ( AWD like GTR )

I have seen a lot of real cars ( stock sports car ) being pushed hard at the track, and they all usually have either understeer or brake fade. Most road cars are designed to understeer to some extent when pushed too hard. Lots of Best Motoring videos with pro drivers commenting on their experience while driving / racing stock or tuned cars at the track often comes to understeer ( entry or exit ), soft chassis, unstable mid corner, brake fade ( deeper pedal ) and transmission issues-clutch slip / tire not hot enough due to cold track temp or just not enough grip due to tire brand/model fitted.

If GT can come to that level, then we are one step closer to real simulator :D

Very interesting post, thanks for sharing these informations :cheers:

even with racing setup and a good driver
as an exemple for the stratos
drove by one of the italian legend rally drivers in a car he drove in the past
see Sandro Munari in action with the stratos

So this guy is a "legendary rally driver"??? He spins out in a simple curve, and has no idea how to make a 3-point turn, and his clutch work lacks some too... OK he might have been a little confused after the spin-around, and this could explain why he takes so long to turn the car around and go on. And people are yelling and laughing around him, so he gets completely psyked..But "in action" he was, indeed....Anyway; I wouldnt let him anywhere near my humble IRL Ford KA :lol:

Last edited:
just look at his name on wiki and you'll apologize to a man who is probably older than your grandady (he is born in 1940)
than it's also a collection car that cost more than 450K$ and if it's a real with competition history (maybe it's own car) .. maybe double the price
(normally that car is in a museum)

i never drove that car nor being able to touch it
but it's a difficult car to drive especially at 68 years old
in tour de France automobile 1973 he lost 7 Kg of body weight

i guess i'll laught till the end of the universe if you drive that car in real
will be a good fun and i'll have to post it on youtube so everyone on earth will joke about your driving style :lol:

just look at his name on wiki and you'll apologize to a man who is probably older than your grandady (he is born in 1940)
than it's also a collection car that cost more than 450K$ and if it's a real with competition history (maybe it's own car) .. maybe double the price

will be a good fun and i'll have to post it on youtube so everyone on earth will joke about your driving style :lol:

And I did find a good excuse for his poor "3-point turn" didn`t I?

But my grandad was born in 1904, and has been dead for decades and decades...

Me driving a Stratos IRL? No idea what it`s like...Guess it`s a lot of fun though...Might even be fun to to watch... :dunce:

Being a collaborative effort between Ferrari and Lancia you can only begin to imagine the parts bill if you stuffed the car in the hedge back when the cars were still in production let alone today :lol:

And I did find a good excuse for his poor "3-point turn" didn`t I?

But my grandad was born in 1904, and has been dead for decades and decades...

Me driving a Stratos IRL? No idea what it`s like...Guess it`s a lot of fun though...Might even be fun to to watch... :dunce:
Imagine fitting a Lotus Elise with the engine from a Ferrari 458 and the suspension from a Range Rover and then drive it flat out down a gravel path while operating the pedals and steering from the passenger seat :lol:

The main problem with the Stratos in game is that it has the same tire width on all corners. Most Stratos in real life are fitted with huge rear wheels (though some are still in GT6's configuration). They're still dangerous however.

Imagine fitting a Lotus Elise with the engine from a Ferrari 458 and the suspension from a Range Rover and then drive it flat out down a gravel path while operating the pedals and steering from the passenger seat :lol:[/QUOTE]

I caqn do that... Stuffing my mouth with laqruish at the same time...
Fun aside... If that Stratos Rally thing won numourous victories in it`s hey-days, it must have been a good car. So this "beasty-reputation" sticking to it, must be over-over exaggerated, just like anything else in the world, including the "will overtake You" rear end of the Porsche 911... As I stated earlier here, this 911 reputation is referred to as "bar stool nonsense" by a man, who knows everything there is to know about a 911.

I`m guessing that some rally driver in the past might have mentioned something including the word "beasty" about the Stratos a long time ago, and from there it grew...The rest of it is "bar stooling" I presume... Like with the 911...

Oh something went wrong with my reply. Sorry. This is a reply to mr DolHaus...

Imagine fitting a Lotus Elise with the engine from a Ferrari 458 and the suspension from a Range Rover and then drive it flat out down a gravel path while operating the pedals and steering from the passenger seat :lol:

I caqn do that... Stuffing my mouth with laqruish at the same time...
Fun aside... If that Stratos Rally thing won numourous victories in it`s hey-days, it must have been a good car. So this "beasty-reputation" sticking to it, must be over-over exaggerated, just like anything else in the world, including the "will overtake You" rear end of the Porsche 911... As I stated earlier here, this 911 reputation is referred to as "bar stool nonsense" by a man, who knows everything there is to know about a 911.

I`m guessing that some rally driver in the past might have mentioned something including the word "beasty" about the Stratos a long time ago, and from there it grew...The rest of it is "bar stooling" I presume... Like with the 911...

Oh something went wrong with my reply. Sorry. This is a reply to mr DolHaus...[/QUOTE]
The important phrase there is "Rally Driver", numerous great racing cars have been all but un-driveable unless the driver is of the very highest calibre. The speed of the car wouldn't be of much concern these days but the way the car changes direction and the lack of grip would make it dangerous unless you were very competent at handling the constant balance of under/oversteer that you get with MR vehicles. The short, wide design of the car combined with soft suspension and a heavy rear makes the vehicle inherently unstable. If you have the skill and concentration to stay in control whilst constantly on the edge you can go as fast as you want, if not then you're going to have a very expensive accident.

...............Stratos may be a legendary car IRL, but in GT6, it's shockingly bad untuned, end of.
Still, it's not as bad as a million credit Ford GT Concept, which happens to be a standard, to add insult to injury....

No, it's no bad. I find it to be a very good car in stock form. Remind that a good car is not necessarily easy to tame, and that an easy car might not have that much potential. Few drivers can even keep straight the best players' setups in the game.

I checked and didnt see another thread for this topic which suprised me. Its been a year since GT6 has rhit shelves I believe majority of uo are atleast 50% finished and our car collections have grown t a few hundred. So I have been going through my roughly 700 car collection and have gone back through career mode and even test drove some which made me wonder what cars stock nontuned cars have come to find hard to drive? I know the F40 is mentioned and MR cars in geneal but since going bac through I have come across a few that suprisex me.
1. Lexus IS F Racing Concept '08
2. RX-8 Type S '07
3. X-Bow R '12
4. V16T '94
5. Mustang V8 GT Coupe Premium '09
6. C8 Laviolette '01
7. F40 '92
8. Tuscan Speed 6 '00 along with Touring model
9. Garaiya GT300 Base Model '08
10. IS F CC-R '11 tied with S2000 GT1 Turbo tied with FXX '07
i have a few more but tried to stick to about 10 and see what comes from this and since I have pretty much no friends to discuss stuff like this so I thought GTPlanet would be a good start.

..............Pretty much the usual suspects, then: Stratos, R8 GT3, Diablos, Ford GT Concept, Cizeta.....most of "handful" cars are all mid-engined. So, avoid those if you don't possess cojones of steel. Or quick fingers.

@wudy201 - Great thread! :cheers:

I'm gonna have to compile a list & go try out some of the ones I've missed.

👍

I checked and didnt see another thread for this topic which suprised me. Its been a year since GT6 has rhit shelves I believe majority of uo are atleast 50% finished and our car collections have grown t a few hundred. So I have been going through my roughly 700 car collection and have gone back through career mode and even test drove some which made me wonder what cars stock nontuned cars have come to find hard to drive? I know the F40 is mentioned and MR cars in geneal but since going bac through I have come across a few that suprisex me.
1. Lexus IS F Racing Concept '08
2. RX-8 Type S '07
3. X-Bow R '12
4. V16T '94
5. Mustang V8 GT Coupe Premium '09
6. C8 Laviolette '01
7. F40 '92
8. Tuscan Speed 6 '00 along with Touring model
9. Garaiya GT300 Base Model '08
10. IS F CC-R '11 tied with S2000 GT1 Turbo tied with FXX '07
i have a few more but tried to stick to about 10 and see what comes from this and since I have pretty much no friends to discuss stuff like this so I thought GTPlanet would be a good start.

I guess you play the game with a controller? If yes, what you use to steer and for gas-brake pedal controls? Analog sticks or buttons and D-pad? I just ask because you put RX8 in the difficult cars when it is a great handling one on or over the limit.

RUF CTR, Cizeta, Stratos, C8 are the first ones that come to my mind easily. F40 isn't so bad (much fun instead when being focused and especially when using a wheel and pedals).

Lancia Stratos easily

RUF Yellow bird is quite difficult as well.

and the Caterham Fireblade.
The Stratos isn't that hard anymore now that they've updated the physics.

As far as my pick is concerned, I'd definitely go with the Formula GT. No grip, way too much power, and a complete lack of feel make it hideous to drive.

I am surprised that every time I see one of these threads someone always says the Yellow Bird. All I can say is try the RUF BTR. The Yellow Bird is tame by comparison ;)

The V16T may well be the overall worst driving car in any game.
I do not know what the changes may have did to the BTR but that thing was so tail happy you could not get it around the track without either heavily tuning it or a lot of practice.

My first impression of the Ford Shelby ALASKAN BULL WORM GT500 is pretty nasty, but it's manageable.

The Veyron is death on GT Arena.

The GT40P Mk. 1 makes most hard to drive MR cars look soft.

The RS200 is the opposite of the Veyron. It can turn TOO much for a 4WD.

The Reventon is disgusting to handle, but a pretty car.

The Toronado makes more smoke in 20 seconds than a chain smoker in his whole life.

The FXX is too unprepared for what it can do when you get it.

I guess you play the game with a controller? If yes, what you use to steer and for gas-brake pedal controls? Analog sticks or buttons and D-pad? I just ask because you put RX8 in the difficult cars when it is a great handling one on or over the limit.

RUF CTR, Cizeta, Stratos, C8 are the first ones that come to my mind easily. F40 isn't so bad (much fun instead when being focused and especially when using a wheel and pedals).
I am a ds3 user and use triggers for gas/brake and the joystick to steer. Ill recheck but I know a while back I bought an RX-8 and had a horrible time keeping the rear end under control I have other RX 8's mabey I confused it with a different one. I just thought I remembered having an interior when I drove it. Ill reserve my judgement for now and goback through them I could just be confusing 2 of them. As for F40 I could of put something else instad I got better witb it I just hav a hard time putting down fast lap times down consistantly

Lamborghini Diablo GT2.

The car feels too heavy to drive plus it dosen't give any chance for you to recover. No wonder why this car falls around 10-16th place in the mini-enduros.

car_image.png
The 1937 Audi Auto Union V16 Type C Streamline '37. You have to put a ton of steering input before it starts actually turning. It was made to be a land speed car, so I can't seriously complain about it.
304.jpg

From my experience it only understeers when traveling at a low speed. Otherwise I've had a pretty good experience with it.

There are a few that really surprised me how bad they handled. Shifter cart of course, nothing like the real thing. A couple of Ferrari's disappointed and the tank car shouldn't even be in the game. Imo.

Lancia Stratos easily

RUF Yellow bird is quite difficult as well.

and the Caterham Fireblade.
What are you talking about!? TheCaterham Fireblade in it's stock form is one of the most fun cars to drive in this game! (IMO)

I say the diablo gt2. It's great in everyway except that when you turn the whole car just slides. good if you want to drift it, but bad if you want to set good lap times.

Back