Who would want to do the gran turismo 7 world series next year with me and a friend we are DR D and sportmanship S?

• Thread starter SimRacer19
  • 9 comments
We need help with setups.
If you want to compete in the World Series and you're DR D then you're going to have to learn how to drive faster. A setup is not the magic bullet you seem to think it is.

We need help with setups.
You basically need to have Max DR (A+/100k), to even have a chance at making live World Series event. I spent over 4k hours/300k km trying on GT Sport, and never even really got close. Those top guys are FAST!!

IMG_2955.jpeg

IMG_2956.jpeg

IMG_2957.jpeg

Last edited:
If you want to compete in the World Series and you're DR D then you're going to have to learn how to drive faster. A setup is not the magic bullet you seem to think it is.
Isnt BoP enforced in most if not all of the events?

It's a thought, but I'd be looking for drivers who could commit to practice several times and also every single race. We might not be on stage in the finals, but we could still finish well in online play if we're willing to work for it, then attend the finals as a group of spectators.
Coming from someone who has placed well in worldwide video game rankings, I'ma say one, I was fairly surprised when the awards showed up at my door, and two, I absolutely lived in a couple of the games I'd played. In November and December 2001 I placed 23rd and 17th in the Westwood Online ladder. A few years later I set several unofficial high score records on some classic games. Competition was so tight it would've cut off circulation. It was great fun, but the days just melted away.

It's a thought, but I'd be looking for drivers who could commit to practice several times and also every single race. We might not be on stage in the finals, but we could still finish well in online play if we're willing to work for it, then attend the finals as a group of spectators.
Coming from someone who has placed well in worldwide video game rankings, I'ma say one, I was fairly surprised when the awards showed up at my door, and two, I absolutely lived in a couple of the games I'd played. In November and December 2001 I placed 23rd and 17th in the Westwood Online ladder. A few years later I set several unofficial high score records on some classic games. Competition was so tight it would've cut off circulation. It was great fun, but the days just melted away.

When I was “Try Harding” GT sport, I was spending around 3-4 hours on a weeknight, and 8-10 hours on weekend days, sometimes more, trying to catch the fast guys. I got as far as making a few live Top 16 NA races, just to finish 30-45 seconds behind the race winners. I think me best finish in a T16 race was P10. Like I said, those too guys are FAST, and they pretty much live and breath GT. So unless one is supremely skilled to start with, making a live event is near impossible, unless you quit your job and race 8-12 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Last edited:
When I was “Try Harding” GT sport, I was spending around 3-4 hours on a weeknight, and 8-10 hours on weekend days, sometimes more, trying to catch the fast guys. I got as far as making a few live Top 16 NA races, just to finish 30-45 seconds behind the race winners. I think me best finish in a T16 race was P10. Like I said, those too guys are FAST, and they pretty much live and breath GT. So unless one is supremely skilled to start with, making alive event is near impossible, unless you quit your job and race 8-12 hours a day, 7 days a week.
It is almost impossibly tough to be fast if you don't spend a lot of time racing. I usually race 2-3 hours a day on weekends and I doubt if I could even make it to DR A if I started running daily's again, I have not tried daily's for at least 3 years because the racing/penalties got so bad. If I put my nose grind stone I can silver all and gold some of the time trials.

Back