Why is there no spilt times at Fuji Speedway 2005?

• Thread starter dustwave
  • 19 comments
My guess is that with all the World Circuits, the split sectors are fairly accuratley base don where thy are in real life.

Fuji 2005 has no split times because a the time of the game's release, the track wasn't actually finished.

But perhaps more importantly: what's the point of all the tarmac run-off areas?! I consatntly miss the apexs of the first half of the track and the last two corners, purely becuase I can't see them!

Do you race?
Fuji 2005 has no split times because a the time of the game's release, the track wasn't actually finished.

That's what I think too. You notice that there are also no shut down markers and other drivers aides that are always present in every other track. I believe it is only in the game because Japan hopes to draw the F1 back to Fuji and is using the game as a kind of showcase.

Ever notice there are two versions of the 2005 track? So far I've only seen the 2nd version in the 2nd to last Extreme Hall event. It eliminates the first really sharp corner after the circular "straight".

Do you race?
what's the point of all the tarmac run-off areas?!
Wide open runoff areas are for safety and, I believe, are requirements of the F1 series for new tracks. Another indication that they are looking to get F1 back.

bigjoe
Ever notice there are two versions of the 2005 track? So far I've only seen the 2nd version in the 2nd to last Extreme Hall event. It eliminates the first really sharp corner after the circular "straight".

The "GT" version I believe is used (or will be used) for JGTC races and the like, wheras the normal version, with the chicane at the end of the back stretch, is aimed at F1, giving them an overtaking zone that they wouldn't have with just a kink.

bigjoe
ThWide open runoff areas are for safety and, I believe, are requirements of the F1 series for new tracks. Another indication that they are looking to get F1 back.
I'm aware of that, but why make them tarmac instead of the usual kitty-litter? Isn't the point of a run-off area to slow the cars down? I suppose they're they so that if you do go off, you can catch yourself and keep going without losing too much sped and/or road position, but you're far more likely to hit the armco at speed when they're tarmac.

Plus, the make it bloody difficult to see the apex of each corner! I've lost count of how many times I've overshot the first hairpin, gone off at the second and thrid corners, and run wide on the final two turns because I can't see the turn in point - all I can see is tarmac and I have no idea where the edge of the track is.

what i don't understand is; are they trying to get two races in japan? or to people want to knock sazuka off the schedule?
if its the latter, i'd be highly dissapointed... sazuka is one of my favorite tracks... both for motorcycles and cars.

where IMO fuji '05 and tsakuba could only be fun on a bike.

I hadn't noticed there wasn't a split time, but come to think of it, that is very odd. And I agree, the track is horrible :yuck: As for the runoff sections, I thought that they were parts of different versions of the track? Thinking about it now, I'm pretty sure that's not the case for most of it, in which case it is very odd that it's not kitty litter. Maybe they have it like that to ease rearrangement if they want to?

Dr_Watson
what i don't understand is; are they trying to get two races in japan? or to people want to knock sazuka off the schedule?
if its the latter, i'd be highly dissapointed... sazuka is one of my favorite tracks... both for motorcycles and cars.

where IMO fuji '05 and tsakuba could only be fun on a bike.
The Fuji circuit is owned by Toyota; Suzuka and Motegi by Honda. As Suzuka and Motegi both play host to two different championship (F1 at Suzuka, MotoGP at Motegi), Honda basically has control, and Toyota wants to try and take the F1s away from them with the new Fuji (though if ever F1 were to leave Suzuka, they'd be better off going to Twin Ring Motegi ... maybe if we could have a combination Road and Oval race a la the old Monza? Jump on the Oval after that right-hander after the third sector/start of the East Short Course, do a lap of the Oval, then go back ontot he Road track. Could also be done at the other crossover).

Do you race?
I'm aware of that, but why make them tarmac instead of the usual kitty-litter? Isn't the point of a run-off area to slow the cars down?

Tarmac is a much better and safer runoff than kitty litter. A spinning car will lose far more energy skidding across pavement than it will skidding through gravel. Also, F1 cars have a skid plate underneath the car, which acts as a surfboard when going across a gravel trap, so the car doesn't lose speed. Also, if the tires dig into gravel, it can flip the car.

kylehnat
Tarmac is a much better and safer runoff than kitty litter. A spinning car will lose far more energy skidding across pavement than it will skidding through gravel. Also, F1 cars have a skid plate underneath the car, which acts as a surfboard when going across a gravel trap, so the car doesn't lose speed. Also, if the tires dig into gravel, it can flip the car.
All valid points, but surely they'd either paint it or use concrete so we don't mistake the thing that's supposed to be catching us as the thing we're supposed to be racing on?

I agree. It's very confusing until you get used to it, and know where all the turns are supposed to be.

dustwave
topic says it all :dunce:
Because the GT4 we all have is a beta. 💡

Let's hope that the Greatest Hits version includes many bug-fixes and some added/missing/promised content.

I also agree with the earlier comment that the track designer has made one too many in his career and let us all hope he never gets a chance to ruin another good track.

Cheers,

MasterGT

kylehnat
The "GT" version I believe is used (or will be used) for JGTC races and the like, wheras the normal version, with the chicane at the end of the back stretch, is aimed at F1, giving them an overtaking zone that they wouldn't have with just a kink.

OT:
This season the SuperGT visits both versions of Fuji05 ;)

MasterGT
Because the GT4 we all have is a beta. 💡

Let's hope that the Greatest Hits version includes many bug-fixes and some added/missing/promised content.

Do you really believe that they are going to launch a 1.1 version of GT4 under the "Greatest Hits" label? Have it ever been done before with another title (bug corrections?).

I believe that the next GT we are going to see will be in PS3... :ill:

ppucci
Do you really believe that they are going to launch a 1.1 version of GT4 under the "Greatest Hits" label? Have it ever been done before with another title (bug corrections?).

I believe that the next GT we are going to see will be in PS3... :ill:

i would assume gt4.5 would be on the ps3 for release...
probably just gt4 with a larger grid of cars, high poly models, and bug fixes... ala the movie they showed at e3.
then gt5 much later.

edit: oh, and GT2 did have a 1.1 and 1.2 versions that fixed *some* of the more severe bugs that were causing crashes and data erasing.

MasterGT

Somehow i dont think that they will release another version (bug corrections or not). Especially since the PS3 release is just over a year away.

Latest Posts

Back