Will Standard Cars be in GT7?Addressed 

• Thread starter KinLM
  • 412 comments
Well, smart alec, I tried googling it because I couldn't remember, and it wasn't coming up. But thank you for being condescending. As always. Rather than trying to have a discussion. Which I was trying to do. You know, furthering discussion, which is supposedly what this place is all about.

So let's get this straight; you tried to correct me on the amount of time it took to model GT1/2 cars. That's furthering discussion. I point out that no, I am still correct, but that's not.

Nice try.

We will have to see, since I'm unaware of you doing any work in video games and are simply offering an opinion with no source references. And I'm well aware of the painted-on features like door handles. I have been a member a few months, you know. But we shall see as with everything.

I'm not offering an opinion; textured body features like painted-on doorhandles, taillights, or even faux-shading (all of which are present on Standards) do require a very different approach to the concept of incorporating a user-based livery editor. That's like suggesting I need a source to tell you that a car's interior in the real world will be different if it has a manual shifter versus an automatic.

Standards don't have the bodykit options the Prems do - for that matter, they don't all have the same features either. But they seem to race pretty well.

Is there an echo in here? I've already conceded Standards will in fact drive around a track in a similar fashion to Premiums. That isn't up for debate. I'm pointing out all the other ways they don't stack up, beside visually.

• That's fine, I like diversity too, and I'd love to see a liveried Spyker. I've never said to keep a hoard of duplicates or cars listed by "unique" paint jobs. But likewise, don't expect their consolidation/removal to drop the car count all that much.
  • Very clever, Blofeld.
  • Where the hell do you get that from??
  • I want a Livery Editor.
  • So you weren't suggesting they work on cars that already have very similar, existing Premium counterparts? Alright then, that wasn't clear.
  • Judging by the sarcasm, I'll assume the guess was accurate (we'll get to that later).
  • The suggestion that PD could get a lot more "Superstandards" completed compared to Premiums.
  • Yet you seem to have no idea what that would mean if PD needs to accommodate the dead assets as well as the Premiums.

I'm not sure if some people here want to enjoy Gran Turismo any more, or just pick at it.

I know I've said this before; but picking at it is done precisely because I want to enjoy it more. It's a cold, lifeless game to me these days, about as far removed from its PS1/PS2 greatness as anything the blue hedgehog has done in the past 20 years.

Say you have GT3 and GT4 next to each other. Please tell me why you would choose to play GT3.

Better physics, for one. Better Formula cars. a Better wet track option. The ease at which we could hybrid (thanks, mk!).

Not that it really matters; you're somehow suggesting cars = gameplay, which is hilarious. GT5's pitiful offline mode was the worst the series had seen since GT1, and even the band-aid Seasonals couldn't do much to expand it. The limitations for races meant a player could go through the game with a handful of cars, instead of the PS1/PS2 days, that really pushed players to explore more of them. Before the OCD was added in via patch, the career was so poorly bottlenecked that you had to hope and pray to get the FGT to show up in your UCD - and have the money and right level to purchase it - or get stuck re-running one of the other races.

Besides, you're looking at those two games in hindsight; one would surely hope GT4 was a big advance over GT3, and in many ways, it was. But not just because of the car count. It's sort of a misdirection, too; we're talking about the potential GT7 on PS4, a new-gen first in the same way GT3 was to GT2. I know the only thing I missed when I got GT3 were a few cars... but I was more than happy to accept the higher quality of everything else in GT3, to see a truly new game with my new console.

If MGS2 would've launched with the Tanker portion of the game how we all saw it, while the rest of the game would've been built to MGS1 graphic standards, well, I wouldn't have cared for it half as much. A consistent level of quality is more important to me than a few peaks separated by valleys.

And how many people bought GT2 or GT4?

Millions less.

As others have said, the Premium car list isn't as much 400-ish cars as it is 300-ish, because of a bunch of race car duplicates. It's also full of a bunch of newer cars I don't really care for, such as the late model Beemers and Benzs which don't really thrill me.

By that same token, Standards are quite a few hundred less...

I happen to prefer cars from the 90s to the early 2000s, because I consider this to be the Golden Age of sports car development, before automakers got caught up in making everything look like a curvy bar of soap.

I think they already got there...

toyota_supra_02_1024x768.jpg

10ae.jpg

But honestly, if you try to please everyone, you'll waste your entire life doing it.

An interesting point, since one could say that's primarily the purpose Standards would serve if they're included in GT7.

And what was it I said originally?

I miss the Mazda 6 in Forza because it's a staple of race cars.

That's very nice that you have mad Google skillz. And then of course you spent quite a lot of time focusing on this build of car and saying it wasn't a Mazda 6 anymore. Which fine, it's a gene splice with an RX-8, but the fact of the matter is, people used all manner of Mazdas to race in, like the Mazda 6. And that was my point, that I want to have that Mazda 6 around to race in, and fortunately we have both a Standard and Premium version for just such a purpose.

Your point, that you so helpfully quoted yourself, was that the 6 itself is a staple of race cars. Instead of conceding that's far from true - one carbon-shell on an otherwise unrelated chassis to represent the third-gen (a vehicle that, in either road or race form, isn't in any game yet, to my knowledge), and the admittedly successful first-gen 6 that showed up in Speed's WCTC series for a few years being the only real examples - you argued incessantly. Had you said that the E36 or E46 3-series was a staple of grass roots motorsports, nobody would bat an eye at that; they litter tracks around the world. You could've even stayed with the same make and mentioned one of the most-commonly-tracked cars of modern times; the Miata.

It's kind of hard to find a Mazda which hasn't been used as a race car.

And yet, barring things like the 5 or the Escape-but-not-really Tribute (or any of the CUVs), you focused on the one that probably has the least racing use in Mazda's modern lineup, and certainly so out of their road-going models found in GT.

And ya know what? It's not that important to me to find out and argue about it, because my reason for joining GT Planet is to celebrate and yack about and dream about this series, and what it might be.

"It's not important for me to find out when I make inaccurate claims".

If all the standard cars are made premium for GT7 and you have game play like in GT6 well it is not going to be a good game is it.
No, but the quality of the game will be better. Driving the cars will be more enjoyable; you won't have to worry about silly things like finding a car with an interior view. You won't have to worry about your car looking like crap in photos. You won't have to worry about not being able to fit a wide variety of body parts to it. You won't have to worry about whether you can put number plates on it.

No, but the quality of the game will be better. Driving the cars will be more enjoyable; you won't have to worry about silly things like finding a car with an interior view. You won't have to worry about your car looking like crap in photos. You won't have to worry about not being able to fit a wide variety of body parts to it. You won't have to worry about whether you can put number plates on it.
You can have all the things that you have mention in the game and have a terrible game play like in GT6 and you are going to say this game is awesome ?.

You can have all the things that you have mention in the game and have a terrible game play like in GT6 and you are going to say this game is awesome ?.
No. I think I've mentioned quite a few times now that the quality of the game will improve. I never said the gameplay itself would be any better, but I suspect that without the 1000 + cars marketing point for PD, they will surely try to significantly improve on other things.

"Will standard cars be in GT7"?

Dear God I hope not. And if they are I simply will not be buying GT7.
If there was no standard cars in GT7 and the game play was the same as in GT6 would you still buy it and enjoy it ?

No. I think I've mentioned quite a few times now that the quality of the game will improve. I never said the gameplay itself would be any better, but I suspect that without the 1000 + cars marketing point for PD, they will surely try to significantly improve on other things.
The game play is the most important thing in a game than anything else.

Last edited by a moderator:
If there was no standard cars in GT7 and the game play was the same as in GT6 would you still buy it and enjoy it ?

There's a few other things on my checklist too like the sounds. I've had enough of them making excuses & not really doing anything about this stuff. People have had their fill, stop tweaking the already brilliant physics & churning out new concept cars & start knuckling down on converting theses standards to premiums.

The game play is the most important thing in a game than anything else.

I must say that This post:

Really made me think. On the level of customization and photography, yes, you are right. I'm not saying that THAT part of the game is going to be better. No problem, we can stop there.

But...

I don't play this game for the livery editor. I play it for events and RACING! Please understand that what you are asking for, while I may look at it and mess with it a bit, doesn't mean a THING to me if I can't easily find an event to run the car in.

Better offline, and maybe a better online, will make the game worth playing. What's the point in having a beautiful car if you can't DRIVE it?

I laugh at this "oh, I'm dying because my car isn't perfect" attitude. It doesn't hurt me. I just want a good, challenging race.

Enjoy your perfection, just don't mind if I don't really worry about it. ;) :)

I just hope that GT introduces Porsche in the upcoming game.. i mean: in terms of roster, is the unique thing they need more.

Then of course, they have many things to set up, and also there are very useless cars (I mean lots of identical cars where the only difference is the year of production... i don't get it)

Yes, game play DOES make the game. And the more CARS, the better the PLAY.

GT4 > GT3
Oh really,

perhaps on the planet sausage but here on earth there is no correlation between the number of cars in a game and the resulting gameplay. If you're so enamoured of GT4 then why not dig it out and go play that - mind you with the amount of time you spend here griping I wonder if you actually have any time left to play any game :)

Depends on what you refer to when you say "gameplay." You see, 99% of my time is spent drifting online or running time trials at Suzuka. 1% is spent grinding the career mode. In my situation, the more cars, the better. I don't care what other people do in GT6.

You most certainly don't realize it, but you just sunk the entire argument about "more cars = better gameplay" right here.

And what was it I said originally?
Something that was still wrong.

That's very nice that you have mad Google skillz.
"Thanks for providing me with the exact type of information that I was asking for in this conversation, dick."

Last edited:
You most certainly don't realize it, but you just sunk your entire argument right here.
No, what am I saying is to him if you have all the standard cars went to premium in GT7 and the gameplay is the same as in GT6 like the career mode would it be and awesome game YES/NO and you will find most players would say NO because of the gameplay. So it does not matter how the standard cars look in a game it is the gameplay got to be very good and not the cars in the game.

Yes, game play DOES make the game. And the more CARS, the better the PLAY.

GT4 > GT3
Sorry guys, but here I will agree with @SuzukaStar. Gran Turismo 3 has the most sales, because if you go back to 2001 we had a new PlayStation console and most of the people just wanted to "throw away" the bad graphics and the content lack of GT1/GT2. I'm very young to talk about a game I've never experienced, but all these years I've never heard a single person talking about how good was GT3. First of all, Gran Turismo 4 had MUCH more cars, MUCH more tracks, MUCH better Career Mode, SMARTER AI, beautiful soundtracks and more modes to use for your progress, like B-Spec. Also, I believe that the sale numbers does NOT always reflect the perfection of a game. If we start comparing GT3 & GT4 based on the features I mentioned above, I don't think we need to remember the 15 millions of GT3 or the 12 millions of GT4, because everyone knows which game was the best.

So: GT4 > All GTs with Gran Turismo 6 in 2nd place

And to go on-topic: The solution is NOT start removing all standards or all dublicated cars. If PD do that, we will lose many iconic cars. If PD's people know that they can turn some standards into premiums, they'll do that. They are not silly. I don't care if GT7 will have standard cars or not. I'm sure that there are reasons why PD didn't do the things that always wanted to do. GT7 is a good point to start...

Last edited:
Sorry guys, but here I will agree with @SuzukaStar. Gran Turismo 3 has the most sales, because if you go back to 2001 we had a new PlayStation console and most of the people just wanted to "throw away" the bad graphics and the content lack of GT1/GT2. I'm very young to talk about a game I've never experienced, but all these years I've never heard a single person talking about how good was GT3. First of all, Gran Turismo 4 had MUCH more cars, MUCH more tracks, MUCH better Career Mode, SMARTER AI, beautiful soundtracks and more modes to use for your progress, like B-Spec. Also, I believe that the sale numbers does NOT always reflect the perfection of a game. If we start comparing GT3 & GT4 based on the features I mentioned above, I don't think we need to remember the 15 millions of GT3 or the 11 millions of GT4, because everyone knows which game was the best.

So: GT4 > All GTs with Gran Turismo 6 in 2nd place

And to go on-topic: The solution is NOT start removing all standards or all dublicated cars. If PD do that, we will lose many iconic cars. If PD's people know that they can turn some standards into premiums, they'll do that. They are not silly. I don't care if GT7 will have standard cars or not. I'm sure that there are reasons why PD didn't do the things that always wanted to do. GT7 is a good point to start...

The reason why we're comparing GT3 to GT7 is because it's like with like. New game on a new console, new direction with a new approach.

You can't compare GT4 to GT7 because GT4 came about later in the PS2's life and after devs knew what they could do with the console and what content was best to place.

The PS3 era was a bigger hurdle for PD, I rate it gave them a wake up call. I'd rather GT7 start afresh like what GT3 did and expand like it did on GT4.

That's why there's emphasis on GT3 instead of 4 from our side and let's not forget also that GT4 wouldn't be what it is now if it wasn't for the refreshment from GT3.

Less is more.

@TayeezSA

Well, we're just going to have to differ on how splendid the car selection will be with a few hundred Premium cars. People like to bring up GT3 and how wonderfully it sold, but forget that SONY milked it to death with bundles and sales across the planet. It was still for sale, new, on store shelves when GT5 came out, for pete's sake. And people are also shy about bringing up Forza 5, which has about as many cars, arguably more varied, arguably not, as GT3, tracks too. And ignore the disdain fans of the series gave to it, especially the low track count. The Premium track list in GT6 isn't all that big, and the much loved Nurburgring is kind of straddling the fence, understandably, considering the dozens of square miles of terrain and track that had to be upgraded for GT5. The additional Course Maker courses PD provided in GT5 to add to the track variety got mixed reviews here. So I wouldn't consider an all Premium GT7 to be the awesome game everyone here thinks it would be. I got really tired of Forza 2 with its limited courses we ran over and over and OVER again. I got sick of both their desert "Snake" tracks and Tsukuba real fast, and I expect I'd have a similar reaction to Forza 5.

It remains to be seen how well received a GT7 will be with Standard content, but from the way gamers gobbled up GT5, it seems that only the diehards here and on a few other net sites really hate the Standards and car sounds. GT6 is currently the top selling PS3 racer on Amazon at #29 currently, surrounded by shooters, adventure and sports games. GT5 is still trucking in second place at 66. GRID didn't even crack the top 100. In fact, no racing game did, so Gran Turismo is the only racer to make the Top 100 List. So even with all that awful backwards content we're probably getting in GT7, I guess we're all just mindless pawns. Either that, or to most gamers, the Standard stuff is no big deal.

@SlipZtrEm

Concerning the lengthy of time to make cars in GT1 and 2, pardon me for not having just the right google phrase to get that info up, dude, call me a liar some more, please.

On the Standards versus Premium issues you brought up, I could have phrased things a bit better but I'd just awakened. What I meant to say was not all Prems have the same bodykit options. A few can't even be painted, though most of those are Vision GTs.

I figured me mentioning the "painted on door handles" would have sufficed. Obviously except to you, Tor, Penso... You carry on with this matter as if the Standards can't have high resolution textures painted on them. Standards provide a surface to be skinned. If they were reduced to a cube, as you sarcastically asked in one post, you act like they could only have one huge pixel painting each face. T10 imported Forza 1 assets into Forza 2 and their livery painter worked fine. Some cars even had the same unfixed body issues through three games, most of us just dealt with it because it was either that or not play Forza. Maybe we won't get to have any of the same fun with Standards as we do Premiums in GT7. I'm sure you'd say, "Then complain about it." Yeah, we will. I complained about my ten or fifteen grumps about GT5, but nothing was done about them. Like the paint chip deal which you needed to paint a car, that got old quick. But I kept playing. And I didn't drag a bag of poo all over the forums every day over it, or pretend that I was SO OUTRAGED that I hated Kaz, everyone at PD and had thrown my game into the sales bin.

On car styling, do you really not see any difference between Beemers of the 90s through the early 2000s? I don't like hotlinking images, but surely you can google them up and notice how wonderfully different various models of those cars were until we got into 2005 and beyond, and how they were just a little more curvier. Did you go blind before you read my bit about Lamborghini, and how each new model is just a slightly different looking stealthy clamshell? Do you really see no difference between the Countach and the Reventon and Aventador? Ferrari is at least still daring in their designs not to milk one very much. Admittedly the 550 and 575 Maranello and 360 Modena were much too similar, even considering the Maranellos were front engined as their 5 series designation indicates, though I do like the Maranellos. However, you can't accuse Ferrari of being samey samey between the F355, F40, F50 and Enzo. Likewise, I don't consider the Supra MkIV, 300ZX, S2000, Celica ST205, any WRX you care to mention, and several other sports cars from that age to be samey, boring designs. Now if you want a soap dish, that would be the F50. I'm about as fond of that as I am the Toyota FT-1. My car nut associates, mostly friends of my nephew but I hang with them, have lamented this very thing for years, and crave the more different, daring designs of the past, and much prefer the FT-86 prototype to the much tamer, curvier production car. I guess we're all liars too and just don't know it. ;)

Now, for the rest of it, sorry, have life stuff. Consider yourself a huge intranet debate winner.

For my money,

For GT7, PD would wipe all standards from the game. They would choose a few from that list and make them full premiums. The few they chose would be based upon the historical and gameplay importance of those cars.

Because consistency is important to me, I'd much prefer that PD brought all the cars up to a similar visual quality to allow the ability to "personalise" cars equally--among other things. It assists me in relation to immersion to have similar level cars on the track.

Hopefully, this would provide PD with some time and assets to improve other aspects of the game, and--with only one model system to work on--allow easier future upgrades and reworkings.

What PD decides in relation to standard cars is likely to influence whether or not I buy a PS4 and GT7. If a two visual quality car system remains in GT7, I am very unlikely to buy a special edition version and am much more likely to buy GT7 and a PS4 at a later date and on sale.

Last edited:
Well, we're just going to have to differ on how splendid the car selection will be with a few hundred Premium cars. People like to bring up GT3 and how wonderfully it sold, but forget that SONY milked it to death with bundles and sales across the planet. It was still for sale, new, on store shelves when GT5 came out, for pete's sake.
It wouldn' t have been on store shelves when GT5 came out if it wasn't selling. See how that works?

And people are also shy about bringing up Forza 5, which has about as many cars, arguably more varied, arguably not, as GT3, tracks too. And ignore the disdain fans of the series gave to it, especially the low track count
I'll gladly bring up Forza 5. It's the third best selling game on the XBone, ahead of Battlefield, Watchdogs, FIFA, Assassin's Creed and dozens of other games. Given all the anti-hype surrounding the game and it's "issues" with car and track selection, you've still got a racing game that's not arcade is the third best selling game on the system. Sounds like success to me.

The Premium track list in GT6 isn't all that big, and the much loved Nurburgring is kind of straddling the fence, understandably, considering the dozens of square miles of terrain and track that had to be upgraded for GT5.
Which console game has more premium tracks?

It remains to be seen how well received a GT7 will be with Standard content, but from the way gamers gobbled up GT5, it seems that only the diehards here and on a few other net sites really hate the Standards and car sounds. GT6 is currently the top selling PS3 racer on Amazon at #29 currently, surrounded by shooters, adventure and sports games. GT5 is still trucking in second place at 66. GRID didn't even crack the top 100. In fact, no racing game did, so Gran Turismo is the only racer to make the Top 100 List. So even with all that awful backwards content we're probably getting in GT7, I guess we're all just mindless pawns. Either that, or to most gamers, the Standard stuff is no big deal.
What's the number for "no big deal"? We don't have official numbers for GT6 sales but every version of the game sold 10 million units+ so I daresay PD wouldn't expect anything much lower than that for GT6. How low can the sales go for this game, when we get official figures, for standards and poor sounds to be considered, "no big deal"?

Yeah. And at the same time, I wonder how programming for the PS3 is preventing some of this from happening. We shall see.

And, no, I don't think it's really THAT much of a hindrance. Just some.

@SlipZtrEm

Concerning the lengthy of time to make cars in GT1 and 2, pardon me for not having just the right google phrase to get that info up, dude, call me a liar some more, please.

This is a pretty serious accusation, since the only time "liar" appears on this page is... from you. This isn't even the first time you've made false accusations like this, either, but since you're apparently incapable of learning any other sort of approach, I'll make this very clear: drop the persecution complex that drives you to make insults up instead of just accepting you were wrong about something. It isn't optional.

On the Standards versus Premium issues you brought up, I could have phrased things a bit better but I'd just awakened. What I meant to say was not all Prems have the same bodykit options. A few can't even be painted, though most of those are Vision GTs.

That's still intentionally missing my point; Standards, if included in GT7, can't have the sorts of bodykit options Premiums can.

I figured me mentioning the "painted on door handles" would have sufficed. Obviously except to you, Tor, Penso... You carry on with this matter as if the Standards can't have high resolution textures painted on them. Standards provide a surface to be skinned. If they were reduced to a cube, as you sarcastically asked in one post, you act like they could only have one huge pixel painting each face. T10 imported Forza 1 assets into Forza 2 and their livery painter worked fine. Some cars even had the same unfixed body issues through three games, most of us just dealt with it because it was either that or not play Forza. Maybe we won't get to have any of the same fun with Standards as we do Premiums in GT7. I'm sure you'd say, "Then complain about it." Yeah, we will. I complained about my ten or fifteen grumps about GT5, but nothing was done about them. Like the paint chip deal which you needed to paint a car, that got old quick. But I kept playing. And I didn't drag a bag of poo all over the forums every day over it, or pretend that I was SO OUTRAGED that I hated Kaz, everyone at PD and had thrown my game into the sales bin.

You really are just ignoring parts of my posts that don't line up with what you want them to say, huh? Yes, Standards could get higher-resolution textures applied to them. Do I expect that to happen to the vast amount of Standards that still haven't received any updates since GT4? How many Standards were brought up to RUF-levels of quality, a few dozen? Under a hundred, surely - not counting the body-duping that is the NA Miatas, at any rate. So that was roughly 1/8 of the Standards updated, over three years. To think every Standard will have a high-res update is a flight of fancy, unless you'd like GT7 in late 2017 or so.

As for that last bit - what does that have to do with anything? If people want to pretend they hate Kaz, let them be silly. Provided they don't break the AUP, there is no requirement that they have to like the guy, or want to paint a portrait of him. I met him last year and loved it - I still want to see improvements to the series.

On car styling, do you really not see any difference between Beemers of the 90s through the early 2000s? I don't like hotlinking images, but surely you can google them up and notice how wonderfully different various models of those cars were until we got into 2005 and beyond, and how they were just a little more curvier. Did you go blind before you read my bit about Lamborghini, and how each new model is just a slightly different looking stealthy clamshell? Do you really see no difference between the Countach and the Reventon and Aventador? Ferrari is at least still daring in their designs not to milk one very much. Admittedly the 550 and 575 Maranello and 360 Modena were much too similar, even considering the Maranellos were front engined as their 5 series designation indicates, though I do like the Maranellos. However, you can't accuse Ferrari of being samey samey between the F355, F40, F50 and Enzo. Likewise, I don't consider the Supra MkIV, 300ZX, S2000, Celica ST205, any WRX you care to mention, and several other sports cars from that age to be samey, boring designs. Now if you want a soap dish, that would be the F50. I'm about as fond of that as I am the Toyota FT-1. My car nut associates, mostly friends of my nephew but I hang with them, have lamented this very thing for years, and crave the more different, daring designs of the past, and much prefer the FT-86 prototype to the much tamer, curvier production car. I guess we're all liars too and just don't know it. ;)

You're actually going to bring up '90's BMW's as a model of diversity? The company that made the "different lengths of the same sausage" saying a thing? I won't link images either, so you'll have to Google them too, but just looking at the core 3/5/7-series line through the 80's and 90's, I again have to ask: seriously? Look at the E30, then look at the E34, then finally, E32. There's one generation. Next, compare the E36, E39, and E38 - another sausage party, really. And if you think they're curvier than what came later - you know, the oft-maligned Bangle years - I'm at a loss for words.

Where did I say I don't see a difference between the Countach and... okay, that's an odd pairing to stick the super-limited Reventon into, where a Diablo would make way more sense - and an Aventador? I'd certainly hope there's a difference between two cars' styling when they have nearly 40 years between them.

Ferrari: "5-series" doesn't indicate front-engine, FWIW. You're all over the map, though; you're comparing the 550/575 to the 360 and accusing them of samey looks, which is to be expected when they were part of the same decade. Just take a look at the current crop; they all feature the same frightened, pulled-back headlights and grinning grille. But then you point out the middle trio of their top-tier supercars, and even more bizarrely, stick the F355 in there too. Of course designs look a lot different in the 15 years between the F40's introduction and the Enzo's, and of course the entry level model of the mid-90's looks different from them all.

Yes, let's lament the daring designs of the past, like the 80's:

xnblCit.jpg

I care quite a lot about car design - so if you want to continue that particular portion of our discussion (and it'd be interesting, no doubt), let's move over here.

Or just go to PM's and stop filling up a PUBLIC board with a private discussion, shall we? Hmm.... Mr. MOD? ;)
I think it belongs here. It's mostly about standards and car modeling which is relevant to the topic at hand. I think it's important that we all understand what's involved and what's at stake when it comes to including 10 year old cars in the game and their possible upgrade to "semi-premium" quality.

Welp, I'm back and had a bit of GT Soul Searching with Standards. I tried out some touched up and standards and I'd say they're pretty good, mostly because they're on their way to being premium. With the complications like Livery Editors and the latter, I think it just won't be viable to keep Standards for the PS4. Then the whining about Standards not having livery options and other stuff will ensue.

@TayeezSA

Well, we're just going to have to differ on how splendid the car selection will be with a few hundred Premium cars. People like to bring up GT3 and how wonderfully it sold, but forget that SONY milked it to death with bundles and sales across the planet. It was still for sale, new, on store shelves when GT5 came out, for pete's sake. And people are also shy about bringing up Forza 5, which has about as many cars, arguably more varied, arguably not, as GT3, tracks too. And ignore the disdain fans of the series gave to it, especially the low track count. The Premium track list in GT6 isn't all that big, and the much loved Nurburgring is kind of straddling the fence, understandably, considering the dozens of square miles of terrain and track that had to be upgraded for GT5. The additional Course Maker courses PD provided in GT5 to add to the track variety got mixed reviews here. So I wouldn't consider an all Premium GT7 to be the awesome game everyone here thinks it would be. I got really tired of Forza 2 with its limited courses we ran over and over and OVER again. I got sick of both their desert "Snake" tracks and Tsukuba real fast, and I expect I'd have a similar reaction to Forza 5.

Mr D, you're behaving like the Premium cars in GT6 are the only ones you'll see in GT7 if Standards are chucked. There's gonna be more and hopefully there will be a balance with the added premium cars that will come out. The Suggestions Sub Forum gave a really good indication of the type of cars players want and even ones that are wanted to turn Premium. We know that Kaz looks at this forum so there's no way he wouldn't have looked at that part of the forum and thought ,"Hmmmm maybe it's time". As far as GT3 goes, what it ever it did, it performed the quality over quantity aspect too well. In terms of GT3's tracks, there were 19 different locations as opposed to Forza 5's 13 but Forza 5 has things like Short and Full Layouts and you say that Forza 5 is more varied despite it being arguable ? Yeah sure with different layouts but I've not heard complaints about GT3's track roster. In terms of cars I'd say the the same with being varied.

I'm only hearing this whole jazz now about Standard and Premium tracks so please explain to me fully what defines a Standard and Premium Track?

I wouldn't really compare GT3 to Forza 5 though because they're 2 different series. Forza 5 I felt was rushed hence some things that had to be cut back. The low track count (I'd say in locations though but there's different variations.) is actually really bad. However I feel that Forza always nails it when it comes to Car Roster Balance. Even though Forza 5's car list is low, it has a great balance of cars. I haven't really brought up Forza in my posts because I haven't played Forza very much. Plus I don't want to bring Forza up because right now this is GT's battle.

I believe GT7 will be well received when it comes to all Premium. My question to you is, would buy a PS4 for PS2 assets?

Last edited:
Back