will you continue to play/buy/support ?

• Thread starter Alss
  • 164 comments

Will you still continue with a GT title if project cars turns out to be the game your hoping for ?

• Yes

Votes: 163 57.0%
  • No

Votes: 123 43.0%

• Total voters
I expect a passionate reply from you Tenacious D. Your sounding more & more like a fanboy with each post đź‘Ž. How do you manage to type with both hands on your hips? :lol:
Hilarious :lol: I don't think TenD even sees the hypocrisy of abandoning one game in favour of the next one, if that is indeed what is happening, even if only partially. Juxtapose that potential outcome with dozens upon dozens of posts about Japanese loyalty, honour, integrity, doing it for the fans, Kaz loves us..etc. etc. etc. You'd have to be the world's biggest fanboy to simply forget all that and say, "Yeah I want GT7 and it's going to be great and Kaz is great and PD is great"

I've already said I won't buy GT7P and won't buy GT7 when it's released, I'll wait for reviews. But if they did abandon or it appears they abandoned GT6 for GT7, I would probably wait until a used copy hits the bargain bin for $20 or so...so maybe 3 months post-release:D I'd rather give the money to EBGames as opposed to Sony/PD.

All I know is what I read. Never bought or owned XBox. If I'm going to shell out $1000+ for a new system, game and wheel, I'd rather just get a gaming PC and make the switch to PC. I'll wait and see how things play out this year with PS4, DriveClub, PCars.

I was just going to say that. The cost is a hit in the pocketbook no doubt. There is a reason that FM5 has been rated 9/10. Luckily, I'm not the only gamer in the house. So far it has been a wise investment. And yes, PC options are a good alternative too.

All I know is what I read. Never bought or owned XBox. If I'm going to shell out $1000+ for a new system, game and wheel, I'd rather just get a gaming PC and make the switch to PC. I'll wait and see how things play out this year with PS4, DriveClub, PCars.

I was just going to say that. The cost is a hit in the pocketbook no doubt. There is a reason that FM5 has been rated 9/10. Luckily, I'm not the only gamer in the house. So far it has been a wise investment. And yes, PC options are a good alternative too.

You guys might laugh, but last year I found a PC copy of NFS:U2 online and its 1080p resolution was comparable to early NFS titles on PS3. I have full faith in PC racing sims for the future, and project cars seems to actually care what its player base wants, so I may devote money for a gaming rig instead of PS4. The only drawback is that most hardware will be obsolete within a year or two.

As opposed to console hardware that is mid range at best on release and will be obsolete within 3 months and you have no option to upgrade?
That's true, yet PS4/XB1 managed to sneak in DDR5 RAM before it became mainstream in PCs, so the consoles are slowly getting better in terms of new tech. Still disappointed that they didn't have a solid-state option, but it may be in the future.

To OP: No, not going on GT series after pCARS, if PD is not showing something really good, not promises, but real stuff instead of empty promises.

Some people only seem to care about engine sounds. Or damage. Or racing rules.
;)
If by engine sounds, damage and racing rules you mean core elements of making it a true simluation and not a video game, yes it should have that.

I want a wide variety of cars to experience, and modify, and race. P CARS is going to have about as many cars as GT3 did, which was pretty skimpy compared to the rest of the series. Supposedly you can modify the street cars and apply liveries to them, but it's evidently still a long way from release. And that car list is still pretty small.
Compare the car lists of GT3 and PCars and it's like comparing a Vitz to a McLaren F1. Also, what were the sales of GT3? Yeah..

I expect a passionate reply from you Tenacious D. Your sounding more & more like a fanboy with each post đź‘Ž. How do you manage to type with both hands on your hips? :lol:
How can you see your monitor to type with your nose aimed square at the ceiling?

I'm not the only one happy with this game as it is, so you'd better get a bigger flyswatter, chum. ;)

As opposed to console hardware that is mid range at best on release and will be obsolete within 3 months and you have no option to upgrade?
PC gamers say this regularly, but they ignore how console developers work the hardware and give us better games as if the hardware got an upgrade. Meanwhile, PC developers produce barely optimised code, which they can't do much more because of how PC hardware is all over the map. But every couple of years they start over with the latest CPUs and graphics cards in mind, and force us to upgrade. Well, you guys. I've only bought a couple of shooters the past few years because console games are way more fun, so my PC is about five years old.

Compare the car lists of GT3 and PCars and it's like comparing a Vitz to a McLaren F1. Also, what were the sales of GT3? Yeah..
What were the sales of "the worst Gran Turismo (GT5) in history?"

You guys bringing up GT3 are acting like it was just another Gran Turismo game on a system that's been there forever. Instead, like GT5, it was the first next gen GT game and fans were getting hungry for this taste of "the future." And the reason it sold so long is because SONY kept producing it, and for whatever reason, people kept grabbing copies. I saw a new copy for sale on a rack when GT5 had been out for a few months. And nostalgia aside, very few who go back and play it are impressed, save for the jump in quality over GT2. Being able to throw a Lotus Esprit around a track like it was a front engined car was fun, but not too realistic.

And of course, people were so ravenous for a Gran Turismo game on PS3 that Prologue was a platinum seller just from pre-orders. And this carried through to GT5 because the fanbase wanted a lot more. In spite of how wonky it was, it sold at typical 10 million GT numbers but faster than GT4.

Now if P CARS is so incredible, why don't you tell us what its sales are going to be?

Last edited:
How can you see your monitor to type with your nose aimed square at the ceiling?

I'm not the only one happy with this game as it is, so you'd better get a bigger flyswatter, chum. ;)

What were the sales of "the worst Gran Turismo (GT5) in history?"

You guys bringing up GT3 are acting like it was just another Gran Turismo game on a system that's been there forever. Instead, like GT5, it was the first next gen GT game and fans were getting hungry for this taste of "the future." And the reason it sold so long is because SONY kept producing it, and for whatever reason, people kept grabbing copies. I saw a new copy for sale on a rack when GT5 had been out for a few months. And nostalgia aside, very few who go back and play it are impressed, save for the jump in quality over GT2. Being able to throw a Lotus Esprit around a track like it was a front engined car was fun, but not too realistic.

And of course, people were so ravenous for a Gran Turismo game on PS3 that Prologue was a platinum seller just from pre-orders. And this carried through to GT5 because the fanbase wanted a lot more. In spite of how wonky it was, it sold at typical 10 million GT numbers but faster than GT4.

Now if P CARS is so incredible, why don't you tell us what its sales are going to be?

You arent the only one, but dont respond to the nonsense and shots taken at you man. Its a never-ending story. The question in the poll is loaded and you aren't gonna win. Misery enjoys company.

Nice try. It was you that introduced GT3 into the discussion remember?

I want a wide variety of cars to experience, and modify, and race. P CARS is going to have about as many cars as GT3 did, which was pretty skimpy compared to the rest of the series. Supposedly you can modify the street cars and apply liveries to them, but it's evidently still a long way from release. And that car list is still pretty small.

And since you're so fond of relying on sales figures to prove how good something is, I just figured I'd torpedo your issue of PCars not having enough cars and how bad that is by using the GT3 example you brought up. Car count is important, but a high quality, historically significant, popular car count is much more important. GT3 proves you don't need a massive car count to be successful, there is much more to it than that.

Some people would rather have 1000 cars even though dozens upon dozens are duplicates and hundreds are 10 years old and still look it. Others would be more than happy to start with 100-150 exceptional quality cars without a lemon in the bunch. To simply dismiss the car count due to raw numbers and nothing else is silly and short sighted.

PC gamers say this regularly, but they ignore how console developers work the hardware and give us better games as if the hardware got an upgrade. Meanwhile, PC developers produce barely optimised code, which they can't do much more because of how PC hardware is all over the map. But every couple of years they start over with the latest CPUs and graphics cards in mind, and force us to upgrade. Well, you guys. I've only bought a couple of shooters the past few years because console games are way more fun, so my PC is about five years old.
I am not so sure about the code, I suppose it depends on the game/developer. Other than that I agree completely, which is why after 30 years of gaming I now own a PS3. I got tired of worrying if I had to update drivers, hardware, OS issues etc. Console gaming is just so much less hassle, but you can't really argue (if your being honest) that it is cutting edge even on release, much less after years between console refresh.

GT3 proves you don't need a massive car count to be successful, there is much more to it than that.
While you can argue that, you should be mindful of the complaining going on in the Forza forums of those people dissatisfied with the small car count in F5, not to mention the milking MS/T10 is doing. I'd say ignoring that is a bit myopic. You might as well admit that if GT7 has the Premium car list of GT6, there will be a lot of discontent, and not so much cheering. Standard haters are still in the minority. Now there may not be any Standards in GT7, but people are going to want some of those cars carried over, and some new cars. Some will want all of those cars no matter what, like me. We'll just have to see how it shakes out.

you can't really argue (if your being honest) that it is cutting edge even on release, much less after years between console refresh.
It's cutting edge enough. Some PC gamers are all about the pixel count, but that's something we don't have to concern ourselves with. So without the ridiculous and expensive lengths PC guys go to to have 20 megapixels on screen at once, I haven't really seen much better in the PC world than Killzone 3.

Consoles aren't hampered by Windoze, or built like trucks that have to perform on demand like a Ferrari. They are Ferraris. And I don't have a running seven year old PC, but I do have a PS3 fatty that's still cooking. And if I did have a seven year old PC, I doubt I could buy a current gen graphics card for it, or get a new CPU for it, or run a new game on it. But I'm playing new games on this old system, and they look great, even on a system that's obsolete. And again, the only thing really cool about PC games to many of us are KB/mouse shooters and a few racing sims. And the only games that seem to sell in big numbers are those shooters. Slightly Mad Studios would love to sell as many copies of P CARS as GT5 Prologue.

This is why these discussions really don't matter to us console gamers. Obsolete? Sure, who cares. We don't. ;)

You guys might laugh, but last year I found a PC copy of NFS:U2 online and its 1080p resolution was comparable to early NFS titles on PS3. I have full faith in PC racing sims for the future, and project cars seems to actually care what its player base wants, so I may devote money for a gaming rig instead of PS4. The only drawback is that most hardware will be obsolete within a year or two.

For me it's the love of motorsport and sims in general. I'll try anything once. So far Assetto Corsa is great with the DFGT wheel. I'm playing it on a gaming laptop. The graphics are fantastic not to mention gameplay.

I am dissaponted with GT6 this go around. I have focused more on FM5, and with all the hate mail towards GT6 (which is pretty much a first given the amount of it for a GT title), it was a good switch.

I am looking forward to more PC race sim titles. Every once in awhile, I resurrect Colin McRae 2-5. Great games!

That's true, yet PS4/XB1 managed to sneak in DDR5 RAM before it became mainstream in PCs, so the consoles are slowly getting better in terms of new tech. Still disappointed that they didn't have a solid-state option, but it may be in the future.
Aren't both the ps4 and xbone based on a somewhat modified radeon 7770? That's a mid-bottom level video card.
The hardware is ~2011/2012 entry level stuff.
I know it's not an apples to apples comparison.

For me it's the love of motorsport and sims in general. I'll try anything once. So far Assetto Corsa is great with the DFGT wheel. I'm playing it on a gaming laptop. The graphics are fantastic not to mention gameplay.

I am dissaponted with GT6 this go around. I have focused more on FM5, and with all the hate mail towards GT6 (which is pretty much a first given the amount of it for a GT title), it was a good switch.

I am looking forward to more PC race sim titles. Every once in awhile, I resurrect Colin McRae 2-5. Great games!
If FM5 was also available for PC, I would've gotten it by now. I too have a gaming laptop, not as powerful as I'd like, but it plays most newer games at high settings. No wheel yet, so I'm stuck with using a 360 controller, but it works.

All of the games I've compared so far, PC version vs. console version, is like comparing a PS1 to a PS3; PC had 720 & 1080 resolutions long before consoles could support it, and the gameplay is clearly visible because of it. Developers have been creating these games for Windows not worrying about resource consumption because of settings that can reduce effects for slower processors and video cards. This means less time worrying about compatibility and more time designing new things for the game, including improving realism for driving simulation.

Aren't both the ps4 and xbone based on a somewhat modified radeon 7770? That's a mid-bottom level video card.
The hardware is ~2011/2012 entry level stuff.
I know it's not an apples to apples comparison.

The XB1 is comparable to the 7790, while the PS4 is based on the 7870. Even though its not brand new technology, AMD has been ahead of Intel in graphics for years now. With the resources the CPU has at its disposal, the PS4 is where an early 2013 gaming laptop would be. Considering that is near the time period where development was ending, I'd say we got the best bang for our buck.

If XB1 wanted to stay relevant to next-gen gaming, they should've opted for a cheap i5 or i7 for processing and modified Radeon or GeForce GPU. Faster processing for multi-tasking with improved video over Intel's horrible dedicated graphics.

This is why these discussions really don't matter to us console gamers. Obsolete? Sure, who cares. We don't. ;)

Pssst...you left out the part of my reply where I actually agreed with 99% of what you said and mentioned that for those reasons I am now a console gamer instead of a pc gamer :)

Pssst...you left out the part of my reply where I actually agreed with 99% of what you said
Ohhh... well, it seemed to say that you were a happy PC gamer and console gaming was your toy time or something. My bad. :P

I've played gt for 15 years or so. Right now i don't. If another game is better than gt6 i will go there.
I don't have much sympathy for PD right now.
I think now that a new gen of racing sims coming(they look cool),PD will make a last try with gt7 if they want to survive,so don't expect too much from GT6.

I love the GT series but it has to evolve and PD needs to learn how to communicate.

GT was always a must buy for me now but now I will wait for reviews. :grumpy:

I love the GT series but it has to evolve and PD needs to learn how to communicate.

GT was always a must buy for me now but now I will wait for reviews. :grumpy:
On Gtwebsite.
Maintenance start
05/03/2014 23:30 CET
Fin: 06/03/2014 04:00 CET
:):):)

Latest Posts

Back