will you continue to play/buy/support ?

• Thread starter Alss
  • 164 comments

Will you still continue with a GT title if project cars turns out to be the game your hoping for ?

• Yes

Votes: 163 57.0%
  • No

Votes: 123 43.0%

• Total voters
I want a wide variety of cars to experience, and modify, and race. P CARS is going to have about as many cars as GT3 did, which was pretty skimpy compared to the rest of the series. Supposedly you can modify the street cars and apply liveries to them, but it's evidently still a long way from release. And that car list is still pretty small.
Yes, and the list is 100% chock full of cars that everyone would want to drive, there are no lemons in the bunch, unlike GT which has hundreds of them, both visually and performance wise. Yes we know some people get enjoyment out of driving an 1987 4 banger with 105 hp, but we've been driving most of those cars for years and years and it's no longer new or fresh, we've been there and done that many, many times and it's getting a bit thin. Outside of a handful of 50 or so iconic classic cars, I'd venture to guess that most of the standards don't see the light of day for the vast majority of players, they are just filler.

Big numbers look great on the box, but a great many of us are looking for quality as opposed to numbers. And yeah, some of us care about good quality AI and real racing rules...kinda the purpose of the game unless you just want to drive around and look at the scenery.

Gt7 can be the bet racing game in the world but trust and believe they will not be getting my $$. Its gonna be hole lotta promises and then when launch day comes its gonna be some weird software glitch that causes ps4s worldwide to catch fire..lol

I do think that the poll is rather specific in its wording, though. I'm not really interested in GT7 because I'm just going to migrate back to PC gaming after a decade hiatus. It's not because of any specific game.

Well I am hoping the PCars will turn out to be great and I will be getting it when it is available. That does not mean I will stop playing GT or any other games. I tend to play a game a lot when it first comes out and then after a while move on to something else. IE GT4-FM2-FM3 -GT5 -FM4- GT6 > PCars?

Of course if I really enjoy Pcars and am still enjoying it when the next GT is released then I may not be willing to buy a PS4 to play GT on. I already passed on the XBOne. I would much rather play games on a PC than any console. Only reason I have the consoles are for Forza and GT.

I also used to play a lot of Madden NFL which is now only on consoles as well.. I really hate that they discontinued the PC versions as they were always better than the console versions.

It is a shame that Forza and GT do not offer a PC version, console sales would drop but game sales would go up a lot.

While I'm always looking forward to new racing / driving experiences (and even NFS is good when (if) I wan't "legaly" crash others online) , I'am afraid that many will be disappointed when pC come out.

No doubt it will be ok game (maybe even better than some existent?) but then , it is developed by SMS and their physics was never known to be , well , overwhelming .

Maybe this time will be different ?

Good thing is , many will end up commenting their disappointment in pC section of GTP forums, so there will be less whining in GT6 section .

Just a thought but if project cars turns out to be a top racer will you still bother with GT ? Or will you say enough is enough and concentrate you time and money on a new venture ?

I made my feelings very clear as to the potential of Project Cars when I posted this pic in the GT6 Memes thread. So yes, it may very well kill the GT series for me.

I will get both Assetto Corsa and ProjectCARS once the full versions are available. I will always have a soft spot for the Gran Turismo franchise however. The only downside it has is its exclusivity to Playstation, The reason I own a PS2 and went through 2 PS3s is Gran Turismo (and to a lesser extend the Final Fantasy franchise). In terms of car interactivity and involvement feel it is top notch. If it where available for PC it would be my ultimate love. I dislike the "finality" of the PS systems, as can be seen with GT6. The game pushes the PS3 so far to its limits that older and more worn models have difficulties running the game flawless. PC gaming with its simple hardware upgrades makes it so much better. The racing games I've played on PC could just not stack up to the GT package I did try various NFS games, but they had a bit too much "extreme tuner" car feel to them. And since I found out about the nonsense EA does with the Porsche license I've sworn to never buy a EA product again.

Since the followup GT will be for PS4, I'm very uninterested to drop another $400 for a new console system with monthly online fees, I doubt I'll be continuing the series much longer. It is why I hope PC and AC will give me what I hope for. My expectations of a racing game has changed quite a bit since my first exposure to GT and its online aspect. I will continue to play GT6 however. It has not given everything that was promised yet, so I'm still eager to play with those features. I'm sure the mayor bugs plaguing the current enthusiasm will be taken care off sooner or later, but unlike most I have enough patience to not needlessly complain about the speed of progress at PD (heck most complainers have never had to debug their own code before, that stuff can take tons of time).

All that is fine, but "the king has no clothes".
Not everyone agrees with you. Seems to many of us that there is some finery if you aren't afraid to open your eyes.

Yes, and the list is 100% chock full of cars that everyone would want to drive, there are no lemons in the bunch, unlike GT which has hundreds of them,
Wow... is that ever your opinion.

Big numbers look great on the box, but a great many of us are looking for quality as opposed to numbers. And yeah, some of us care about good quality AI and real racing rules...kinda the purpose of the game unless you just want to drive around and look at the scenery.
I'll say it again, the world evidently isn't as put off as you are. Hard nosed critics here hate the Standard cars, the tracks too to an extent, but polls always have the "take them out" numbers in the minority.

You can argue that GT fans only have one place to go, but the ire you express just doesn't seem to be that widespread.

VBR
I made my feelings very clear as to the potential of Project Cars when I posted this pic in the GT6 Memes thread. So yes, it may very well kill the GT series for me.
A lot of Gran Turismo tombstones have been chiseled over the years, and all have crumbled to virtual dust. I expect this one will too. But hopefully the arrival of P CARS and Assetto Corsa will reduce the noise level around here.

Last edited:
I know what we should all do. Its brilliantly simple too. We should shut up.

And I don't mean that as a moderator telling everyone to shut up, I mean if we do, PD will notice eventually and come and find out why we've gone quiet. At which point we can leap out, take them hostage and put them in a basement here at the Planet and force them to make updates until we're satisfied... or until the feeling of power and control sends us on a quest for world domination.

:dunce:

I'm sure this seemed a valid idea when I first thought it. :dopey:

At this point I am really not interested much in the next gen consoles at all. And if I did get a next gen console it would probably the X1. BUT I really have no plans to get a next gen console UNTIL they at least get 3d and work out some of the launch bugs. Until then, its just not worth the purchase at all for me. So at this point I don't even think about GT7. I hope they take their time and wait about 5+ years before launching GT7. Get to know the new PS4, get as many of the cars into premium status as possible, and get the audio worked out. I am currently quite happy with GT6 and it will only get better.

It would take a lot to get me to "move on" from the GT series. I've been loving the series ever since I booted up the first one on my old PS1. Heck I will eventually get a PS4 and if GT7 or Metal Gear Solid releases for it before I get one then it may hasten my purchase! :lol: I've done my share of complaining and coping with my eventual disappointment of GT6 but I'm still a fan GT. It's kind of like sports, I'm a Cleveland Indians and Cleveland Browns fan.. anyone from the States will know what a miserable sports life I live :D so I'm kind of used to empty promises and failed hopes. But every year I come back thinking "this time it will be different!" I guess I'm a glutton for punishment :(

Project Cars looks pretty cool and I hope it's awesome. If it turns out to be an outstanding game I hope PD takes notice and uses that to improve GT so I'll have two awesome sim racing games! That would be something I've not had since the PS2 days!

Not everyone agrees with you. Seems to many of us that there is some finery if you aren't afraid to open your eyes.

I'll say it again, the world evidently isn't as put off as you are. Hard nosed critics here hate the Standard cars, the tracks too to an extent, but polls always have the "take them out" numbers in the minority.

You can argue that GT fans only have one place to go, but the ire you express just doesn't seem to be that widespread.
As usual you can't see the forest for the trees and the strawman is your best friend. :lol:
Of course not everyone agrees with me, that's why I said, "many of us" and not "all of us". The GT series lives and dies by big numbers. Selling 4 or 5 million units is a complete disaster. Throw in a little competition and who knows what might happen. Kings come and go, giants do fall, it happens all the time in business. Today's champ is tomorrow's chump. It's far too soon to write PD's obituary I agree, but if you can't see that the franchise is sick and falling behind, you are blind:lol:

I'm always open to new racing games but Ill never stop playing GT.
This exactly.

I'll try every race game that come to playstation (exept NFS).
And GT has given me the most joy together with the Toca series on PS2

The poll needs an option for people to vote "Maybe". I'm in the 'maybe' postion as I hope competition from pCARS on the PS4 can give PD the kick up the rear it desperately needs.

pCARS so far is looking like a proper racing game and PD really needs to reinvent the racing aspect of the offline modes.

I'm also open to playing new racing games but GT7 will be in a very difficult position to justify a purchase.

Last edited:
Yeah, I don't see why I wouldn't...if GT7 ends up being a fantastic game that checks off the boxes of everyone in the racing game community, and PCARS does the same, we'd end up having two mind-blowing racing sims.

Why should I stop supporting a game for another game that's being made by a dev, that made three games in row that were nothing but jokes? Sorry, but no, that ain't happening. Other then that, I'll be supporting both. Kinda both... Don't know, still thinking about it because that other game is being overhyped just because sim racer.

Tenacious D

Wow... is that ever your opinion.

A lot of Gran Turismo tombstones have been chiseled over the years, and all have crumbled to virtual dust. I expect this one will too. But hopefully the arrival of P CARS and Assetto Corsa will reduce the noise level around here.
Sales figures certainty dont back you up this time around.

Nope, I'm already doing it to a certain extent. Only reason I played GT5 was because I have a PS3, I didn't even bother with GT6 and it looks like I'm not even gonna bother with the PS4 as well since PCARS will be on Xbone too and Forza is another great series.

If pcars turns out the way it sounds it will be the reason I buy a PS4, as GT was the reason I bought a PS3. I certainly won't pre-order GT7, but if it is any good I will likely pick it up at a discount 6-12 months after release.

I haven't bought GT6 to begin with.

You get the idea. I'm completely dissapointed with it.

Patiently waiting for PCARS and another price drop of Need for Speed Rivals...

At which point we can leap out, take them hostage and put them in a basement here at the Planet and force them to make updates until we're satisfied... or until the feeling of power and control sends us on a quest for world domination.

Well, it's called GTPlanet for a reason, is it not?

:gtpflag:

Back