will you continue to play/buy/support ?

• Thread starter Alss
  • 164 comments

Will you still continue with a GT title if project cars turns out to be the game your hoping for ?

• Yes

Votes: 163 57.0%
  • No

Votes: 123 43.0%

• Total voters
England
England
Blue--08--
Just a thought but if project cars turns out to be a top racer will you still bother with GT ? Or will you say enough is enough and concentrate you time and money on a new venture ?

Depends on user reviews on GT7! If it gets the same bad press as GT6 has, probably not, no.
Same with pCARS. Will wait for what the userbase says about the game before I consider picking it up - although it does look good :)

What is project cars?... I've had more fun driving in GT6 than previous GT's... and If PD could tweak the gamey bits it would be amazing. Every dabble in console racers has been a step back from previous GT titles - Glitz and sparkle, but it boils down to how well does it feel to drive.

I am hopeful PD can polish up GT6 with a few updates.

PCars will be my reason for getting the PS4. I won't buy a Prologue of GT so when GT7 drops, for the first time, I will wait for the reviews and check GTPlanet and find out what the consensus is on the game before buying. PD has lost my unquestioned loyalty, but they can earn it back, although they've got a looooooong way to go to do so.

It depends, really. If the reviews for GT7 are good and PCars will be everything I hoped for I will get both. I definitely won't preorder GT7, though.

Hehe, seems like I've been hearing about how PCars is going to come out and be the answer to everything wrong in console racers for what seems like years now.

Maybe it really has been for years. I don't know.

I just can't get interested in it, and constantly reading statements along the lines of, "When PCars comes out, I'm done with GT" really doesn't help me to do so. Genuine statements or not, at this point it always seems to be the popular thing to threaten PD with, but involves a game that never seems to be any closer to release than the first time I ever read such a statement. Kind of leaves a negative feel over the whole thing for me.

But, the key word there is "seems". Like I said, I don't really pay much attention to it, and therefore don't really follow development either. It really could be the end all, be all, and I wouldn't know.

That said, I am open to any good racer. If the post release buzz is enough to get my attention, most likely I'll buy it. It won't stop me from buying GT though.

Buying GT on release day is tradition now. I'll own every version until the end, be it good ending or bad. It's one of the few of my long running favorite game series I have left, that I haven't already watched driven into extinction. The history is just too long to abandon it without following it to it's ultimate conclusion.

i'm willing to give any racing game a shot. however, i'm renting gt7 before i buy it. too many flaws with gt6 to pay full price for gt7 without trying it first. i do look forward to Pcars. i'm more excited about the crew though.

P CARS isn't going to be a dream game for me. For others, it depends.

Some people only seem to care about engine sounds. Or damage. Or racing rules.

I want a wide variety of cars to experience, and modify, and race. P CARS is going to have about as many cars as GT3 did, which was pretty skimpy compared to the rest of the series. Supposedly you can modify the street cars and apply liveries to them, but it's evidently still a long way from release. And that car list is still pretty small.

So the only games that really ping on my racing radar are Forza and Gran Turismo. And the latest Forza doesn't seem to have many more cars than P CARS does, so even it is falling short.

Oh well, long live the king. ;)

I've been playing GT for a long time. But the formula is starting to crack, so are the sales.

I'm looking at alternatives, of course, but Project CARS I wouldn't consider purchasing on a console.

Because PC Master Race.

I've already got a PS4, so I'm anxiously awaiting pCARS. But I won't buy a GT7 Prologue and I'll be waiting to hear reviews before I buy the next GT.

P CARS isn't going to be a dream game for me. For others, it depends.

Some people only seem to care about engine sounds. Or damage. Or racing rules.

I want a wide variety of cars to experience, and modify, and race. P CARS is going to have about as many cars as GT3 did, which was pretty skimpy compared to the rest of the series. Supposedly you can modify the street cars and apply liveries to them, but it's evidently still a long way from release. And that car list is still pretty small.

So the only games that really ping on my racing radar are Forza and Gran Turismo. And the latest Forza doesn't seem to have many more cars than P CARS does, so even it is falling short.

Oh well, long live the king. ;)

All that is fine, but "the king has no clothes".

Well now that the community update in February thread just got closed... I'm gonna have to say no. With the piss-poor seasonals that just came out, how am I supposed to rebuild my engine, and my transmission after an online endurance race. Do I seriously have to do these seasonals thirty times? Almost 2 hours?

No... That's it for me. We'll be lucky if we hear anything directly from GT about this February stuff...

Sadly I can't since I don't have a PS4 or Xbox One. If the game would've released on the 7th gen consoles, like it was originally supposed to be released on, then yes.

I can only hope that success for pCars will in turn make PD step their game up.

This. The only reason PD have such a loyal fan-base is because they've never had a direct competitor to show them and us how to do things properly

Edit: I still voted yes though :lol:

Lilttle off topic but. Why was the "Its almost March, where is our community update" thread closed?

Back to the topic. When I buy PS4 I will most certainly try Pcars. GT7? Depends. If it is a 65e box of empty promises like 6, never.

And got my answer meanwhile I was writing. Thank you TB.

Back