With gt4 having such advanced physics

• Thread starter cobragt
  • 28 comments
code_kev

So certain are you.... Always with you what cannot be done....

I don't see any reason why not. It's easy enough to get a car to "flick" like that, the hard part is controlling it, getting the car to center itself pointing in the right direction.

You cant do that in the GT4 Japan demo. TCS wont allow you to spin the tire's to loop yourself around like that. But in GT4 you should be able to do it with no tcs or a very low tcs setting with a high hp setting.

pimp racer
Thats a cool video and I dont think GT4 will be able to be that advanced.

I do not really believe GT will not have physics to do that, as GT3 has already physics. I believe that YOU can't and won't do that, i mean, for your driving skills.

I will put in my server again my donut show video, me driving the skyline and donuting between 2 cones at seattle. So u will see wheter GT3 has physics to do that or not, i mean, if u have skills to do that or not.

Thats not a question of a game can do that, but if u can. U can donut and make some 180 spins in any game. THe game for sure won't do it for you. 👎

two factors that already exisit in previous GT games, and ESPECIALLY prolouge, will make that hard:

#1 is Gran Turismo Steering assist: The steering assist that makes controlling the game easier with a regular dual-shock controller. Full deflection of the analog stick rarely results in full deflection of the front tires. GT allows the front wheels to turn to their traction limit, or just beyond. If you try to do donuts in Prologue, and watch from exterior view, you will see that the front tire's angle will change as the available traction changes, regardless if you keep the analog stick locked to one side. If you think that GT doesn't do this, take an EVO down the front straight in exterior view at Fuji at 230kph and then apply full deflection to one side. Take note of the deflection of the front tire. Then, do the same thing at a slower speed, and notice how the tire angle changes even though the stick position does not. It will do this regardless of the assist settings.

This can be corrected by driving with a DFP. Full deflection of the wheel results in full deflection of the front wheels (OR AT LEAST IT BETTER BE!).

#2 is the lack of a clutch. In that video, the driver ingages the clutch, raises the RPM, turns the wheel, and then dumps the clutch. Thats why the backend snaps around imediately. If he was just rolling in first gear and stabbed the gas, the car would have had enough traction to shoot foward as it spun, and ended up hitting those people in the background :)

in the game, you can over-come this by holding the E-brake, mashing the gas, and releasing the E-brake. As long as you are in a RWD or AWD car, holding the E-brake also disengages the clutch, allowing you to rev the engine freely. This can't be done in a FWD car in-game.

That looks more like a quick-reverse, or whatever it's called. Get the car moving backward and snap the front end around (I do it all the time in GT3.. like stunt drivers that can get the car going forward again without coming to a complete stop). TCS doesn't apply because it's the front wheels breaking loose, and I don't think those are drive wheels on a Celica (are they?).

I can spin my 89 Bonneville SSE around in my driveway if i put in in reverse, start rolling backwards, then turn the wheel fast and floor it. Its not hard to do at all. Im 16, so i guess you dont need to be a racecar driver to do that. :)

cobragt
I guess. Do you think that flick the gt40 did could be possible in gt4?

I would imagine so. It may require the wheel, though.. Greyout had a point with the DS2 and the way it steers compared to the DFP. I tried it a little while ago in GT3, with the GT40 Race Car and Speed 12. It breaks loose, just not loose enough.. the car moves forward too much, giving it a wider turning circle rather than spinning in place. But that could be the limitations of GT3 and the DS2. We won't know for sure until GT4 comes along and you can turn off TCS.

Jedi2016
TCS doesn't apply because it's the front wheels breaking loose, and I don't think those are drive wheels on a Celica (are they?).
Actually, I think the only Celicas that aren't FWD are the GT-Four models. The Trial celica in Prologue was FWD, so I imagine the Weds is as well. (That demo could have TCS deactivated.)

Usually, in GT I juz uses the hand break and rev up, then release the hand break to make the rear lose its traction. Though it wouldn't be as fast and effective as a clutch, it still works sometimes... and dun try that w/ FF cars cuz it ain't gonna work ;)

Sven
Actually, I think the only Celicas that aren't FWD are the GT-Four models. The Trial celica in Prologue was FWD, so I imagine the Weds is as well. (That demo could have TCS deactivated.)

The JGTC Celicas like the Wedsport one in that vid are RWD. They have the same single turbo 2L I4 as the JGTC Supra used to have until the 2003 season(when they switched to a 5.1L na V8). This motor was originally developed for the WRC Corolla. The JGTC MR-S also uses this motor.

I've been playing the demo for a couple of days now and aside from really sore shoulders from not having used the wheel for some time and then trying to learn to go fast around the ring (it's much more of a prick of a track than I had expected :P)) I can't really tell how the physics are due to the reallllllllly anoying traction control that you can't turn off, it's like going for a run with sand bags tied to your feet via ropes! that's how the cars feel in the demo. Anyway besides that :D I like how the cars get really out of shape when they unload over the hills and bumps but it's very very difficult to keep them going in a straight line at high speed on some sections of the track and could be quite alot worse without traction control, I may loose my hair before I finish GT4. But on a smooth track like trial mountain it's fairly easy, except for that Viper, what's going on with the Viper anyway? I watch GT cup racing on tv and the Viper is a slug with no brakes it gets beaten by just about every porsche on the track, it's not supposed to be that fast for more than 1 lap. Maybe they need to install a calculation to make cars with bad brakes take longer to stop each lap : )?

we should have the option to go hold netural or disengage clutch by pressing both trigger button (R2/L2)

that could help alot on some situation. since there is already a clutch simulation in the game, i dont see why not

To Greyout, yes a full lock of the DFP in 900 degree mode will result in a full lock of the wheels. Your only problem is turning the wheel 450 degree's in one specific direction quickly, most of the time you wont be able to get it all the way around before you're off the track.

Back